2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#623932 - 29/04/03 08:50 AM Ahhhhh....Satire
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Funny stuff . Or is it?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#623933 - 29/04/03 09:12 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
no

#623934 - 29/04/03 09:15 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
GrayHam Offline

yes

#623935 - 29/04/03 11:02 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
not really funny, but ironic. can't wait to see who else's grubby little hands will be in Iraq.

#623936 - 29/04/03 08:40 PM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
What do unelected politicians like Rumsfeld do when there is an opposing government ?

#623937 - 30/04/03 04:47 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Good one nolaroacks!
How about this?

#623938 - 30/04/03 05:02 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Good one nolaroacks!
How about this?
Wow if that wasnt candy coated and slanted in just the right way I dont know what is.

What about:

Unpatriotic: I hope we lose this war and our soldiers get killed. -Protester

Bush=Hitler -Protester sign

I dont mind people who protest, I really dont, but I do mind when people wish for harm to thier fellow countrymen and women, I just dont get that. And I will say it again, most of the Hollywood mouths, I dare say most of the protesters, do not care about the war, or innocent people. They only care about making a President they do not like look bad. [Finger]

#623939 - 30/04/03 05:59 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
uhhhh....ok

:rolleyes:

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#623940 - 30/04/03 09:54 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
What about:

Unpatriotic: I hope we lose this war and our soldiers get killed. -Protester
[Huh?]
Where did you hear about that?

That sounds like an Iraqi protester to me.

Xterra101.com

#623941 - 30/04/03 10:39 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
I believe that was the Berkley professor who wished for another Mogadishu for the US forces.

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#623942 - 30/04/03 10:49 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JayzX:
I believe that was the Berkley professor who wished for another Mogadishu for the US forces.
Yea Nick Degenova said he wished for "a million mogadishus" to happen to the US military. There are others, I saw a picture of a sign in San Francisco that said. "We'll support the troops when they start killing thier officers." Do these people really hope that Americans die, just so The President will look bad. Thats pretty low.

#623943 - 30/04/03 11:09 PM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
Quote:
I saw a picture of a sign in San Francisco that said. "We'll support the troops when they start killing thier officers." Do these people really hope that Americans die, just so The President will look bad. Thats pretty low.[/QB]
Why would you assume it's about making Bush look bad? Whatever happened to 'free speech' and 'free thinking'? I would venture to say it means 'an eye for an eye'.

No offense, just speculating.

#623944 - 01/05/03 05:05 AM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Costas:
Quote:
I saw a picture of a sign in San Francisco that said. "We'll support the troops when they start killing thier officers." Do these people really hope that Americans die, just so The President will look bad. Thats pretty low.
Why would you assume it's about making Bush look bad? Whatever happened to 'free speech' and 'free thinking'? I would venture to say it means 'an eye for an eye'.

No offense, just speculating.[/QB]
Why would I assume that? I hear many of these people say it for one. It always comes back to, "this President", or "appointed not elected". Secondly, an eye for who's eye? What other reason would you wish harm on people of your own country, thats like hoping your family gets hurt. With free-speech and free-thinking comes a little responsibility I would hope. Calling for the death of your own soldiers is pretty low regardless of whether you think it is free speech or free thought, and it doesnt make it right.

When does free-speech become sedition? Are they not advocating a criminal act in saying they want to see officers killed or soldiers dead? To me, that is not "supporting the soldiers while hating the war."

The one thing the vast majority of these people have in common is thier dislike for our President. I add 2 and 2, many would agree. Some will not. No offense taken.

#623945 - 01/05/03 10:50 PM Re: Ahhhhh....Satire
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
Quote:
Why would I assume that? I hear many of these people say it for one. It always comes back to, "this President", or "appointed not elected". Secondly, an eye for who's eye? What other reason would you wish harm on people of your own country, thats like hoping your family gets hurt. With free-speech and free-thinking comes a little responsibility I would hope. Calling for the death of your own soldiers is pretty low regardless of whether you think it is free speech or free thought, and it doesnt make it right. [/QB]
I think that Bush and Clinton being so opposite in thinking (mind you, I like Bill's choice of cigars!), the 'pro-war' policies of Bush stand out like a sore thumb - it's bound to make him a target. Further, family is family - you can't compare - in a democracy, people have the right to question their leaders, and the U.S. military is an extension of that authority and leadership. Don't confuse the two. If you're offended by it, it's understandable - but it's still free speech. smile

Quote:
Are they not advocating a criminal act in saying they want to see officers killed or soldiers dead? To me, that is not "supporting the soldiers while hating the war." [/QB]
The soldiers CHOSE to fight(I know...I know...it's their duty - but they chose to be soldiers) whereas Iraqi civilians did not, and this war is a strongly debated topic worldwide, so why wouldn't some Americans be against it? When a cop gives you an unjust ticket(in your eyes), aren't you tempted to say "I hope someone does this to you someday..."? It's just human reaction to something that some people feel is an unjust war.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal