Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#611514 - 13/05/03 09:07 AM Pontiac Aztek Rig...
MaloCS Offline

Check out these pics. I'm speechless. confused

My friend is a proud Aztec owner and he found these pics on some Aztek owners board.

#611515 - 13/05/03 09:12 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
WTF....WTF....WTF.....WTF.....that thing is hideous in stock form...but that thing looks like a fricken bug or something!!! Minivan on steroids????
[Freak]

#611516 - 13/05/03 09:18 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
that is pretty ridicoulous.... eek confused [Laughing] [Huh?]

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#611517 - 13/05/03 09:25 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
sb Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
it doesn't look that bad to me, well much better then original one for sure
sergei

#611518 - 13/05/03 09:31 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
XtesseinXE02 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, NJ
That aztec almost looks buyable. Definite improvement over stock.

#611519 - 13/05/03 09:34 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Saw that here long ago. It's definitely got a respectable lift on it and the 2-tone paint kinda masks the fugly-ness a little, but it's still an Asstek...

Now, how is this Xterra related?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#611520 - 13/05/03 09:46 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Let the shit talking begin. Here we go, AGAIN!

#611521 - 13/05/03 09:58 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
Quote:
[b]Now, how is this Xterra related?
Let the shit talking begin. Here we go, AGAIN![/b]
By Far the best looking AZTEK I ever saw...!
(But what did I really say with that comment?)

It's X related as it further demonstrates the Xceptional quality and raw bruteness of our Xs.

[Wave]

#611522 - 13/05/03 10:00 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Big deal if it is X related or not....it's not a big deal.

#611523 - 13/05/03 10:06 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
That truck was featured in Offroad or one of the other mags about 6 months ago.

Way better looking than stock!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#611524 - 13/05/03 10:35 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Saw that here long ago. It's definitely got a respectable lift on it and the 2-tone paint kinda masks the fugly-ness a little, but it's still an Asstek...

Brent, you've obivously seen everything there is to see here, nothing is new, its time to move on.

Go somewhere else and post whore.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#611525 - 13/05/03 10:43 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
This is the "General" forum. Here are the guidelines for the general forum:

General Xterra discussion not covered elsewhere

Sure Brent was playing "re-post police", but more importantly, he was pointing out that this was posted in the wrong forum.

By keeping threads in the correct forums, it helps people search for older threads and information. When threads are started in the wrong forum, it just makes it harder for people to search later down the road.

Keeping the forums organized and easy to find threads should be a priority for all the users. Otherwise we would have transmission questions in the tires forum and warranty questions in the buy and sell forum.

Can XOC or SWXterraClub (General forum Mods) please move this to the clubhouse please?

#611526 - 13/05/03 11:37 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Thank you KJ. Perhaps Ian can take a cue from many of the other boards I've seen and put the "misc" section at the top so people that either don't scroll that far or just can't contain themselves long enough to do so will post the off-topic stuff where it belongs and the rest of us don't have to wade through it unless we choose to.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#611527 - 13/05/03 12:19 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
MaloCS Offline

KJ and Offroad,

You guys crack me up. Are you really that anal? I'm sorry if my post has upset the balance in your universe. I hope the sky doesn't fall on your heads.

I will make a note to check, double check and triple check the content of my posts so I can choose the correct forum. Maybe I will contact Ian to ask his opinion as to where I should post. Lord knows, I don't want to upset the fragile XOC ecosystem with misplaced posts.

Oh, gosh! You know, I didn't search the tens of thousands of past posts to see if this subject was covered before. I can't believe I overlooked that simple step. I guess I should add that to my list of items that must be accomplished in order to post.

MaloCS' list of prerequisite steps that must be accomplished in order to post:
1) Formulate an idea / question / subject
2) Search the "subject in question" through every active forum. Taking care to review each and every post that the search function delivers. I would want to verify that I don't repost old subject matter.
3) Ask Ian where said subject should be posted.
4) Post question / comment on XOC based upon Ian's recommendation.
5) Cross my fingers and pray to that I don't upset the natural order of things on XOC.

Whew! I think that does it. If any XOC members have steps that I have missed please feel free to educate me.

Thanks for enlightening me on proper XOC forum etiquette. I am sincerely thankful for all of your wisdom. I owe it all to KJ and Offroad because they have opened my eyes.

#611528 - 13/05/03 12:49 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Are you really that anal?
I'm an engineer, so yes, I am that anal. laugh

Quote:
MaloCS' list of prerequisite steps that must be accomplished in order to post:
1) Formulate an idea / question / subject
2) Search the "subject in question" through every active forum. Taking care to review each and every post that the search function delivers. I would want verify that I don't repost old subject matter.
3) Ask Ian where said subject should be posted.
4) Post question / comment on XOC based upon Ian's recommendation.
5) Cross my fingers and pray to that I don't upset the natural order of things on XOC.
XOC makes the rules, not me. Imagine how (much more) screwed up this place would be without different forums and the search feature. [Freak]

Quote:
Thanks for enlightening me on proper XOC forum etiquette.
Now that you mention it, the Terms of Service in RED LETTERING states is pretty clearly:

Proper etiquette is expected of XOC members. You agree not to cross-post messages, or off-topic messages. Pick the correct forum for your topic, and post it once.

If you are new to XOC, use the Search feature before asking a question.

Quote:
originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Big deal if it is X related or not....it's not a big deal.
It's the ground rules outlined in the TOS. If it's not a big deal to you, then maybe you shouldn't have hit that "agree" button. I don't make the rules.

#611529 - 13/05/03 01:11 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
MaloCS Offline

Thanks again! The wealth of knowledge you eminate is never ending. Wow!

Maybe you can help me with a few processes that have been giving me some trouble?

1) paper clips
2) toothpicks
3) envelopes
4) buttons
5) zippers
6) velcro
and the whopper...
7) toilet paper

Now that I understand that you guys are just trying to help me better myself I won't have a problem asking these stupid questions. Thanks!
wink

#611530 - 13/05/03 06:32 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
XtesseinXE02 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, NJ
This post encouraged a xterra discussion. Seems like a General board post to me. So what if it has been posted before. This isn't the sort of topic that you search for to find information about.

We see the same question twice a day about what tires or what shocks someone should buy. This topic has come up twice in SIX MONTHS. Give the guy a break.

stop the whining

#611531 - 13/05/03 07:34 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
HEY not to bad not it might be as rugged as an X but you have to add some big $$$ to get it their, I think it could lose those shiney wheels thou go with somethin powder coated or even silver but not the chrome look it looks as if it were a fake cheap ass chrome too, but hey if someone handed it to me i would take it!

#611532 - 13/05/03 09:00 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
That Pontiac Aztek was featured at the 2001 SEMA auto show (I think it was 2001) It was a show car built and featured by an aftermarket manufacturer. I kinda doubt that any regular Aztek has been modified in that manner (in the same way that no Xterra owner has modified their X with a Pathfinder engine like the Project X)

#611533 - 13/05/03 10:35 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
wmtrout Offline

Loc: Oregon
KJ take a pill and get a frigin life.

#611534 - 14/05/03 05:41 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
storm2175 Offline

Loc: Sanford N.C.
it figures he's an eng. they (most of them) have to be anal about something. until someone that knows how to use common sense comes around. go drink a beer and let the techs handle this, we wouldn't want you to get dirty or anything. [Finger] [Spit] laugh

#611535 - 14/05/03 06:39 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
That's nasty...

#611536 - 14/05/03 08:21 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[QUOTE](General forum Mods) please move this to the clubhouse please?
Gone to the Clubhouse

#611537 - 14/05/03 11:10 AM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
KJ_dragon Offline

I don't know about you, but I think engineers need to be Anal. Too much is at stake for them not to be. Would you want to drive on a bridge or fly in a plane, knowing that the designers skipped a few minor details?

(I am talking about road designers/engineers and structural designers/engineers. If they make a mistake, LOTS of lives are at risk. Software designers/engineers, typically do not have that sort of pressure. Granted bridge building has been around for a few centuries and the standards are already in place; whereas computers are still relatively new and they are still figuring things out - ie. Microsoft)

#611538 - 14/05/03 12:26 PM Re: Pontiac Aztek Rig...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
A recipe that only KJ could appreciate... laugh

1.) 532.35 cm3 gluten
2.) 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
3.) 4.9 cm3 refined halite
4.) 236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5.) 177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
6.) 177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
7.) 4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8.) Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
9.) 473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
10.) 236.6 cm3 de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)

Directions:
To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.
Using a screw extruder attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460K oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to thermal equilibrium.

They are chocolate chip cookies for those of us that are mere mortals [LOL] [Laughing] [LOL]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal