2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1451 - 24/05/03 11:46 AM Some prick.....
Sharkhead Offline

smashed my passenger side rear view mirror last night or this morning. i went out to my truck this morning, which is parked in a private outdoor spot away from other cars, to clean the windows. i walk around to the passenger side and see glass on the ground..look up and the rear view is busted.

that was the only thing broken. no scratches on the truck, no dents, nothing. so either some asshole thought it would be funny to smash my mirror, or one of the grounds crew hit it cutting the lawn this morning (which is what i think happened).

i havent even owned the truck for a month....ugh. time to go complain to the management mad

i know it could be worse.....just venting......

#1452 - 24/05/03 12:47 PM Re: Some prick.....
i8a4re Offline

Loc: Winnipeg/Calgary Canada
hey man, that really sucks, but I know how you feel. I had owned my X for just a week or a little bit more and someone had broken in by smashing a window and then got piss all over my windshield and seats. (the piss was in a crown royal bottle in my glove compartment...it's my "theft deterrant". The guy had drank some and spit it up on the window and dumped the rest on the seat)

people are fuct up these days... no respect for other peoples property.

Homer: What kind of mileage does this thing get?
McBain: One Highway, Zero City

#1453 - 24/05/03 01:54 PM Re: Some prick.....
Sharkhead Offline

i know it must have smelled...but just knowing that idiot drank piss had to be gratifying.

talk about people not respecting others property....one time (95/96'ish) i was in philly visiting my grandparents. heard some kids outside playing so i looked out to see if i knew them....there were 4 kids on my freakin car jumping up and down, pulling on the bra (it was winter). i had just got the thing repainted. i couldnt believe it. i got them all of the car, made them take me to their house and bitched at their stupid parents. these kids couldnt have been older then 10 years old and were 2 blocks (or more) away from their house, 10pm on a weeknight. good parenting.

i mean, i did some shit growing up...but i never messed with anyones car.

oh well, what can you do.

#1454 - 24/05/03 07:43 PM Re: Some prick.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

kill them and move on...

just kidding ;-)

#1455 - 24/05/03 08:19 PM Re: Some prick.....
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
a bottle of piss in the glove box, hahahahaha!! alrighty then!

#1456 - 24/05/03 09:15 PM Re: Some prick.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

It stinks that no one has any respect for other people's property.

#1457 - 24/05/03 10:54 PM Re: Some prick.....
Walt40oz Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I heard a snickers in the glovebox works better.

#1458 - 24/05/03 10:58 PM Re: Some prick.....
xterracal Offline

Loc: Surprise Arizona
Piss in a bottle, thats better than perfect! Good job! That'll teach'm.

[Spit]

#1459 - 25/05/03 12:42 AM Re: Some prick.....
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharkhead:
smashed my passenger side rear view mirror last night or this morning. i went out to my truck this morning, which is parked in a private outdoor spot away from other cars, to clean the windows. i walk around to the passenger side and see glass on the ground..look up and the rear view is busted.

that was the only thing broken. no scratches on the truck, no dents, nothing. so either some asshole thought it would be funny to smash my mirror, or one of the grounds crew hit it cutting the lawn this morning (which is what i think happened).

i havent even owned the truck for a month....ugh. time to go complain to the management mad

i know it could be worse.....just venting......
Sorry to hear about your mishap, man...don't feel to bad...I didn't have my X for less than 6 months, when this chick that was talking on her cell phone, wasn't paying attention, rear-ended me....man, that was a pisser...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#1460 - 25/05/03 02:44 AM Re: Some prick.....
i8a4re Offline

Loc: Winnipeg/Calgary Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by xterracal:
Piss in a bottle, thats better than perfect! Good job! That'll teach'm.

[Spit]
smile When it happened, I started a thread asking if anyone knew how to get piss out of the seats and I think it went to about 8 pages of people saying they were going to do that too... and a couple guys said they heard a couple local radio stations pick it up and talk about it ... I still want clips of those! smile

Homer: What kind of mileage does this thing get?
McBain: One Highway, Zero City

#1461 - 25/05/03 07:56 AM Re: Some prick.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sharkhead - FYI when you go to get it fixed, don't let the dealership charge you $150 for the whole mirror assembly. They will want to claim you have to replace the whole thing, instead of just the glass. If the power mirror motor is still operational, a decent glass shop should be able to order the mirror glass for $15 - $25. Combine the adhsive they provide with some good silicone adhesive and you've got an easy fix. Hope that helps.

#1462 - 27/05/03 07:28 AM Re: Some prick.....
Sharkhead Offline

found out the grounds crew wasnt working the day it happened. so it must have been some jerk with nothing better to do. oh well. cant wait to get out of my apartment and into a house.....only 1 more month of pollen and bird shit.

goofiefoot - yea, i was thinking about doing that. the mirror motor is working fine. just need to call around i guess.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal