Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12866 - 30/06/03 11:53 AM Slid my Kayak into my X....
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
and friggin broke my windshield! Well, it didn't "break" (although very very close to shattering), but I spider-webbed it like crazy. Aaaaaargh! And like two weeks ago I got a friggin rock chip the size of a dime which bothered me like crazy!
Anyway, I have slid my Kayak into my X probably a thousand times with no problems...until now.
Guess I was too "used" to putting it in my X that I began getting careless.
Called my insurance company and I have a $500.00 deductible, so it looks like the windshield's coming out of my pocket. mad No one will touch it to repair...it's too bad. Crap! And I was beginning to save for a Load Warrior! [Crybaby]

#12867 - 30/06/03 11:55 AM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Make sure you don't have a different, cheaper, windshield deductable.

#12868 - 30/06/03 12:07 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
Chato Offline

I did. My insurance said they would pay the cost to repair it, however due to the damage, noone will repair it. They're all saying that 1.) It would look like crap, 2.)They couldn't guarantee the crack not to spread, and 3.)To repair, due to the size and number of the cracksssss, it would cost about the same to just buy a new windshield.

#12869 - 30/06/03 12:38 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Yes, but my collision deductable is not the same as my windshield deductable. It may be different in your state, but I think they are required in all states, since cracked windshields are hazardous.

I can have a new windshield installed for $100. Some states (Florida I believe) have a $0 deductable.

#12870 - 30/06/03 12:48 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
In Massachusetts the comprehensive covers the windshield and the deductable on the comprehensive is not applied when repairing windshields.
So basically in Massachusetts if you have comprehensive, the windshield is FREE !

#12871 - 30/06/03 12:51 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
Chato Offline

Through my insurance company, the windshield is covered under comprehensive (I believe). It's covered under the same thing that covers flood, fire, theft, vandalism, etc. Some insurance companys have a special windshield coverage, however mine doesn't. Mine is similiar to Solar's. Comprehensive will cover the price of the repair 100%, but I have to pay the deductable to replace it. And since no one feels they can repair it, I'm pretty much stuck.

#12872 - 30/06/03 01:00 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
BUMMER.....Dude..!

Question for you....Doesn't your X have a "ROOF RACK" ? Kind of nice for hauling a kayak I think if I had a kayak.

My insurance covers windshields and cost like $10-15 deductable. I've always (25 or so yrs) had that on my insurances.

Damn that makes me think....I've never had one replaced...
[Wave]
[Wave]

#12873 - 30/06/03 01:16 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
DOH! Here in Arizona we can get an additional rider (?) for our comprehensive called Full Glass. It covers repair or replacement of all the glass and plastic parts at $0 deductable.

Too bad its not available in all states, its saved me a ton of money over the years. A buddy of mine in CA carries a $0 deductable on his comprehensive just for his glass replacements.

Good luck man!

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#12874 - 30/06/03 01:30 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
Chato Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:
[b]BUMMER.....Dude..!

Question for you....Doesn't your X have a "ROOF RACK" ? Kind of nice for hauling a kayak I think if I had a kayak.

My insurance covers windshields and cost like $10-15 deductable. I've always (25 or so yrs) had that on my insurances.

[Wave]
[Wave] [/b]
smile Well, I don't have a Kayak rack. My Kayaak is around 9.5 feet long, so it's a cinch to just lay down the seats, slide the sucker in there, close the door and go. It takes less than two minutes. Also, I always go by myself, so I never have to worry about passenger inconvenience. Man, I was in a rush too. My yak has a rope on the front and back with these hard plastic handles making it easier to pull it out of the water. I think when I slid it in my X, the handle got between my yak and windshield, then BASH. I didn't even notice until I jumped into the driver seat, and saw the friggin cracks going all across my windshield. Yea, bummer to say the least. And to rub a little salt in the wound, I recently had my inspection and registration updated. A new windshield will mean a new registration sticker and inspection sticker too. When it rains it pours!

#12875 - 30/06/03 01:43 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chato:
A new windshield will mean a new registration sticker and inspection sticker too. When it rains it pours!
Only if your glass guy doesn't know what he's doing . . .

I had a new aftermarket windshield installed last spring, three weeks after renewing my registration.

The glass place was able to remove the old stickers, and place them right onto my new windshield.

No muss, no fuss . . .

#12876 - 30/06/03 01:46 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
Chato Offline

Woohoo! I have hope. Thanks man!

#12877 - 30/06/03 02:00 PM Re: Slid my Kayak into my X....
MRSBonesnTX Offline

Loc: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:
[b]BUMMER.....Dude..!

[Wave]
[Wave] [/b]
Yeppppp now you done it, lol you know you shouldn't temp lady fate, she loves to mess with your head lol :rolleyes:

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal