Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22515 - 01/07/03 10:30 PM 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
I ordered a body lift from them almost a month ago. When I called to verify the order they said it would be shipping out in a couple of days. That led to the next week and so on. The ship date kept getting pushed back because they were waiting for parts to build the kit. So I finally get my lift today and I inventory the parts. I'm missing 2 of the spacer blocks and 2 hose clamps. Has anybody else dealt with these people? What should I expect from them. The hose clamps I can overlook, they are pretty cheap and readily available but how can you miscount the friggen blocks? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what the deal is. Would I be out of line expecting them to overnight me the 2 missing blocks?

#22516 - 01/07/03 10:46 PM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
do some research in the suspension section, you'll see people have mixed reviews about ac. they are however the least expensive of the lift kits for the xterra, how that sacrifices quality and reliability i don't know. i'm sure others will chime in soon.

#22517 - 02/07/03 03:29 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Alpine Hoy Offline

Loc: Steelers Country
You don't even want to get me started on 4x4 Parts.com. They won't take back a rack that I bought 3 weeks ago that is rusting. They told me to call the manufacturer. I talked to the President of Conferr, got a cargo rack. He said they should take it back and they return it to Conferr. 4x4 Parts said they can't take it back because the rack was put together and they cannot resell it. What a dummy! By the way, I am still waiting for a floor system for the rack that I ordered 2 weeks ago that they allegedly said was to be shipped on Jun 30. My order was paid for too. No email saying it has been sent and a tracking number. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I am going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

#22518 - 02/07/03 07:20 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I haven't had anything but good experiences with them. I helped a friend install their 2" body lift. Everything was there, but 2 of the bolts were too long. When I installed the rear locker the solenoid was dead. I had a new one in 24 hours. The only part that I had to wait an unusual amount of time was the K&N aircharger. They were out of stock when I ordered and it took about a month to get it.

From AC on my truck
Rancho AAL
Leaf pack skid
K&N Aircharger
Rear ARB locker
Warn hubs

#22519 - 02/07/03 08:42 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Metalikat3003 Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
I orderd a light bar from them about a year ago and recived it in about 3 days. No problem from them.

Phone: (954) 785-4223
Fax: (954) 785-4210
E-mail: info@4x4parts.com

Call them alot about your problem, then fax them, and email them every day.

#22520 - 02/07/03 08:55 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I had a problem with them and the Upper Control Arms that they sell in their lift kit.

They dragged their feet for so long that I had to ditch their UCA's and go with a differant supplier.

#22521 - 02/07/03 10:19 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
JoeyS Offline

Loc: Ft Worth
Stuff I have from them:
Idler arm brace
AAL kit
Steering stabilizer
3" body lift

I have had no problems whatsoever with them.

#22522 - 02/07/03 06:43 PM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
OnlyOneDR Offline

SS Brake line orders take 4-6 weeks, when they say they will ship the week you order. Been through that twice now. They are always friendly on the phone however.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#22523 - 02/07/03 07:22 PM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Well I called them back today and let them know what the problem was. They can only gurantee to have the blocks here by Monday because of the holiday weekend. mad There goes my plans of wheeling over the 4th of July weekend. On top of that I have to tell my fab guy that he's going to have to wait another week before I can come in to get my bumper and stuff relocated. He has other stuff to work on but I told him I'd be there tomorrow to work on my truck and I don't like not being somewhere when I said I'd be there. I don't think I'll be dealing with this company again. mad mad mad

#22524 - 03/07/03 10:41 PM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
Deathmark Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
I've had good luck with them so far. *Knocks on wood*

#22525 - 03/07/03 10:49 PM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
I've had nothing but good experiences with them...

Sus lift
shocks
idler arm brace
quick disconnects

All doing great with no probs.....

I've got a friend that ordered the 2" body lift from them on Tuesday and got it today! (Thursday) Two days to Hawaii!

They always reply quickly to my emails and phone messages...nothing but good vibes so far cool

DKX01

#22526 - 04/07/03 01:59 AM Re: 4X4 Parts (Automotive Customizers)
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
well customer service had gotten mixed reviews.
how about the products? how are the ac suspension parts? i've heard people have alignment problems with them?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal