Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19803 - 15/08/04 03:35 AM Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

this may be silly.. but,
Of the xterra owners out there...
How many of us are have a cat or a dog as a pet?.. I bought my X used, and it was full of dog hair on test drive, i had them detail it twice to get rid of the hair before delivery, but i've found a lot more since i've peeled back some of the factory plastic, and it just made me wonder how many of us travel with mans best friend or a cat?
i have both, thus why i posed the question;
had to move my alley cat and pitbull/boxer mix dog in the same trip together from raliegh to Charlotte, talk about your piss and water breaks?>!
Just wondering if anyone has similar stories.

#19804 - 15/08/04 04:45 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
I traveled with my cat in city, sometimes and yes she did leave cat hair all over the seats. but she eventually ran away frown

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#19805 - 15/08/04 07:48 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
My dogs go everywhere with me. The cat stays home smile

#19806 - 15/08/04 09:28 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a lab/boxer mix who goes everywhere with me. I bought the smittybuit pet divder and cargo liner because in my last car my dog almost runied my interior and paint on the passenger door. She sheds pretty bad so this new combo helps alot to keep the mess in the back of the car where it's easy to clean up.

#19807 - 15/08/04 09:30 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

my two dogs and I moved from Texas to Ohio, and we had a huge uhaul hooked to the xterra....they also go with us on all our X-cursions. they love to go and meet up with Diesel (xterraintx's big dog)

#19808 - 15/08/04 10:27 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
One of the reasons I pick breeds that don't shed wink

After all, Dogs love trucks!

#19809 - 15/08/04 11:22 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
MaloCS Offline

We have two dogs that go with us everywhere, an Australian Kelpie mix and an Australian Shepard mix.

I [sarcasm]love[/sarcasm] it when their hair starts to swirl around the cabin. I'll be driving and a clump of hair will pass in front of the windshield, circle around to the rear of the vehicle and repeat. laugh

#19810 - 15/08/04 11:29 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Want fur?? Try my Siberian Husky. If I travel with the windows open, its like your own personal snow storm inside. My wife and I try not to talk too much or else we risk swallowing fur balls. (I guess there is a silver lining to it)

#19811 - 15/08/04 11:33 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care for dogs myself, probably since I was attacked once by one. I really don't like it when people bring their dogs into the dealership, like they're automatically accepted.

I see a point, where the dog has to be taken out, walked and water everything in sight, but to bring one along everywhere you go is a bit much for me.

I know who does and doesn't bring them along though.

Remove the lower seat cushions for the back seats, and you'll find out who takes their dogs everywhere, definately.

Oh yeah, 2 cats at home, strictly indoor.

#19812 - 15/08/04 12:11 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a Weimaraner. We take him on short trips around town and a couple of 2 hour trips out of town. He loves to go for a ride. Weird thing is he doesn't just jump in to the back seat. I usually end up having to pick up his back half. Oh well he's cute to watch in the mirror. Ears and lips flapping in the breeze laugh

Pic of Gunnar

#19813 - 15/08/04 12:25 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Akitas "blow their coats" twice a year. Mine does this too, only 6 months at a time :rolleyes: ...

#19814 - 15/08/04 12:38 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Two cats that travel with me a fair amount of the time.

I'm going in for the FSU recall tomorrow so I pulled the back seats out to clean up a bit and couldn't believe the amount of cat hair.

#19815 - 15/08/04 05:53 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I take my Doberman I lot of places and to the park. Whenever he is with me I place a blanket over the rear seats. It is not so much that this hair bothers me, but the ones that do fall off somehow get woven into the seat fabic. Real pain to get out. Plus it keeps the dirt, water, etc. off the stock seats too.

Stone

#19816 - 15/08/04 07:59 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a dog, and she's like our kid - goes *everywhere* with us...We got this "everything sponge" from home depot, that really does wonders to pick up the hair in the back where Lexi sits. Lexi was trained as a sight assistance dog, but was pulled from the program due to hip displaysia. With glucosamine in her diet, lots of exercise, and attention to her weight, the hips haven't been a problem.

You can see Lexi here:
clicky .

We also have a cat, who is "mommy's little princess" - click for kitty 12 years old, full of attitude, but an incredible cuddler and VERY vocal.

She likes cars for riding, but doesn't like the Xterra so much - she prefers to sit in the back window when riding, and since there isn't a ledge back there.....no kitty in the car.

#19817 - 15/08/04 08:11 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just an FYI for the dog folks out there - the Nissan cargo mat does a very good job of containing mud, sand, water, etc that dog paws tend to track back into the cargo area. A bit of hair still gets between the mat and the walls from the wheel wells back, but overall it performs quite well. My dogs (one heeler and one heeler/border collie mix) love riding in the X, expecially if we're going to the beach for some frisbee and surf-play.

Lucy and Rocky give the mat a thumbs up. laugh

#19818 - 16/08/04 01:14 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

glad to see a good turn out on this topic, my dog Tyler loves riding in the X, if my girlfriend isn't riding shotgun.. he is,.. sometimes i'd rather it be him than her, but thats another story, he goes with me to myrtle beach a lot and loves riding with his paws on the window ledge.. as far as my cat, Sniper, now that shes adjusted to my new home, she dosn't ride anywhere, she's kinda a loner at stays at home and chases birds and squirrls(SP) in my backyard.
I don't have much problems with dog hair anymore, (Tyler is a short-hair) but let me tell you, who ever owned my X before me must have had a long -hair white huskie or something..
I replaced my front speakers this weekend, and there was dog hair even on the inside of the door panels!!!

#19819 - 16/08/04 05:53 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
I got 1 Cat, that goes in the X sometimes, and does leave some cat fur...when I'm cleaning my X inside and leave the hatch open...he sometimes hops in and crashes out in the cargo area....cute but messy...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#19820 - 16/08/04 07:08 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
One dog that loves the trip to the hunting grounds almost as much as hunting. He does not like to stay in the back when I am engaged in hunting club business prior to hunting, so a pet barrier helps. Otherwise, he is fine in the back.

k_enn

"Dogs love trucks."

#19821 - 16/08/04 07:14 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
babyX Offline

Nuttin' better than a kitty, but mine doesn't like car rides. Probably because she's stuck in a carrier and isn't high enough to see out, and she's only ever in there if we're going to the vet or moving.... hmmmmmm..... laugh

#19822 - 16/08/04 04:26 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dogs usually go with me about anywhere.. the 96 lb Lab/St Bernard loves to wheel, he just sleeps... the 40 lb Lab/Bluehealer stays home on off roading trips(or atleast till I get her a barrier.. and occassionaly the cat gets to hitch a ride in the X too (vet trips of course)

#19823 - 16/08/04 10:17 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
We use a big ol' queesn size quilt draped over the whole backend for our German shepherd. Gets aboot 80% of her hair contained!

-Rick

#19824 - 16/08/04 10:22 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
MaloCS Offline

FYI.

A really good way to remove dog/cat hair from the fabric of your vehicle is to buy a pair of dishwashing rubber gloves and rub your hands over the fabric. No shit, it really works. [ThumbsUp]

#19825 - 16/08/04 11:26 PM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

3 Cats. smile

#19826 - 17/08/04 07:00 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
We have both-
7 year old lab mix (we think something like a cattle herding dog)

1.5 year old Siberian Cat

2.75 year old german shepard. We just got her and she will have puppies in a a few weeks. An added benefit...... eek

We understand that the father of the pup's is a german shepard, so we should have some good puppies.....

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#19827 - 19/08/04 03:25 AM Re: Cat VS.Dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Took two cats with us from Atlanta to Tampa. The fat ass cat loved riding on top of the headrest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal