Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38835 - 13/03/05 07:52 AM Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be taking my family down to Disney this year. 3 adults and one infant. I wanted to know if anyone could suggest how to put the luggage on top of my 04 Xterra. What products do you suggest to do this?

Thanks

#38836 - 13/03/05 08:44 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

blackride - first of all, welcome to XOC! [Wave]

My personal favorite is the Yakima LoadWarrior ...however if you are on a tight budget, you might want to look at the Nissan (by Yakima) safari basket (check it out at xterraparts.com ). [Uh Oh !]

Both of these will work, however; the LoadWarrior is much sturdier (and the fairing seems to cut down on wind noise). I also find that the stretch net seems to hold cargo in a little better, and the bar size is ideal for the hooks on smaller cargo straps. If you have a lot of luggage, you can also get an extension for the LoadWarrior to lengthen the capacity (tight fit on an Xterra roof). I have the LoadWarrior on my truck...let me know if you would like pics or suggestions of other places to buy. cool

#38837 - 13/03/05 08:48 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

pics and suggestions would be great!

I am having nightmares of my "mother in laws" luggage flying off my roof somewhere during a rain storm so any adive would be great smile

#38838 - 13/03/05 08:52 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bring two rolls of duct tape for your mother-in-law! [LOL]

#38839 - 13/03/05 09:23 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blackride - as soon as I can get pics (later today...I just got off night shift and i'm about to crash), I'll post for u.

Daggerdoggie - you're from Oneonta? Whats new in upstate these days? I miss it :rolleyes:

#38840 - 13/03/05 09:45 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blackride,

New in upstate? It keeps snowing. I love the snow, but am ready for spring. Alex Bay is beautiful, at least in the summer.

Going to ECXC?

#38841 - 13/03/05 11:32 AM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in OHIO and I am starting to get sick of the snow smile ...

LOTS AND LOTS of TAPE for the "mother in law"!!

#38842 - 13/03/05 12:29 PM Re: Traveling Question
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
welcome to XOC...
Try putting the "mother-in-law" on top of the X...hahaha!!!!

Actually ive always liked blue tarps and lots of duct tape and string..its worked for me!!! Have fun at disney..

Tim

PS- hopefully you wont be there when they have the annual [Rainbow] week

Thomas Jefferson

#38843 - 13/03/05 03:54 PM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dagger..I know what you mean. Alex Bay has been home for 3 years now...although I got deployed almost right after I moved (Reservist). The winters can be brutal...but the Canucks on the other side of the line know how to have fun even when it's miserable out wink . Luckily I get to spend this winter in San Diego...then the X gets to hit Moab and everywhere else on the drive back across.

Blackride, pics of LoadWarrior posted in a couple minutes.

[LOL]

#38844 - 13/03/05 04:41 PM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright blackrider...here ya go. I have the spare tire carrier in my LoadWarrior right now, but whenever I'm doing the long road trips and going nowhere near the trails, I put the spare back underneath the truck and luggage on top. You can fit 5 of those smaller wheeled luggage bags and 3 of the large ones if you stack everything right. [Wave]

#38845 - 13/03/05 04:42 PM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't get images to post...check your PM. confused

#38846 - 14/03/05 06:58 PM Re: Traveling Question
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
Another option is to use a Hitch Haul. Cost is about $80.

#38847 - 14/03/05 07:21 PM Re: Traveling Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Although I hate clogging up the boards, finally got it to work...pic of LoadWarrior with spare tire.

Hitch Hauls are nice too...but you don't want to take your mother in law offroading with one of those attached [LOL]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal