2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2768 - 25/03/05 07:08 AM Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you just stick then right to the outside of the window? The weather and wiper don't mess them up?

Tom

#2769 - 25/03/05 07:15 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yup... just put them on there!!

#2770 - 25/03/05 07:16 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Weather?? over time...yes...my XOC sticker is just starting to come off after 2 years...but the rest are in good shape...and I don't put the stickers where the wiper wipes...

#2771 - 25/03/05 08:13 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

my Carnegie Mellon sticker got pulled off by the wiper, i had it in the little part of the windshield that dips down, opposite the buldge on the trunk. It may have had something to do with the truck being parked outside in -20 temperatures for over a week...

#2772 - 25/03/05 08:39 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
I use magnetic sign material, cut to the size of the sticker. Then I place it where I want on the hatch itself. No problem with wipers.

k_enn

#2773 - 25/03/05 09:34 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
At times I've had some stickers on my rear window for over two years. I have my own stickers on the front air dam, so far they're sticking just fine, even under the high-pressure hose at the car wash.

#2774 - 25/03/05 11:24 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Weather?? over time...yes...my XOC sticker is just starting to come off after 2 years...but the rest are in good shape...and I don't put the stickers where the wiper wipes...
Ditto... my rear XOC sticker popped clean off while scraping ice off the window in very cold temps. It was weird.

#2775 - 25/03/05 11:32 AM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I have my own stickers on the front air dam, so far they're sticking just fine, even under the high-pressure hose at the car wash.
Wierd, but the only stickers I've had a prob with are the big CALMINI letters on my sunroof. It's peeled back 3 or 4 times now when hit with hi-pressure spray.

Quote:
It may have had something to do with the truck being parked outside in -20 temperatures for over a week...
Yeah, maybe the adhesive congeals and cracks up?.. I figured the opposite'd happen here in PHX, where most anything will melt if left in the sun too long summertime..(I always liked a nice clean look on my vehicles and never added decals. Must be something about the yellow [Freak] ) Needless to say, I've had NO probs with any other stickers and my rigs been plastered with 'em laugh [ThumbsUp]

#2776 - 25/03/05 07:53 PM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought about a yard of adhesive vinyl to make my own vinyl stickers via an online store. The application instructions say to never use an ammonia based cleaner (such as Windex) as it will essentially eat away at the adhesive and create bubbles, which will result in the decal peeling off.

Instead, try mixing 1 teaspoon liquid soap with 1 litre of water and clean the window with paper towels. This may help the sticker to stay put better. smile

#2777 - 25/03/05 08:20 PM Re: Question for you guys with lots of stickers...
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
I bought about a yard of adhesive vinyl to make my own vinyl stickers via an online store.
Eh? Die-cuts, or you print on them? Like what do you do, cut them out with an exacto knife, or scissors? Got any pics? I've though about doing it before, just always assumed whatever I cut out would look like poo.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal