Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#634620 - 18/05/05 09:02 PM linksys router problem
josebalado Offline

Loc: Oviedo, FL
I recently went to best buy and bought the wireless linksys router they had for 10 bucks since my old one craped out. The first couple days it worked fine but the last 3 days its been bullshitten me. It works fine for a while but then it stops working and says "acqiring network address" after about a minute it says limited or no conectivity. I tried upgrading the firmware and resetting it and it works for a while but then it starts bullshiten me again. Anybody else have this probolem, or know how to fix it? Or do i just have a bad router
why does everyone hate spammers so much, with the spam i've received i have been able to: get that PHD I have always wanted, get an enormous penis, get prescription drugs without that pesky prescription, have a russian AND japanese bride, and ive also just invested in this awesome African business! And thats just this week!

#634621 - 20/05/05 10:44 AM Re: linksys router problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

That happens occasionally with my NetGear wireless router.

When you search for an access point (router), how many other networks do you see? At one point I found 4, not including mine. I believe that there was some sort of interference.

Have you set up WEP* or WPA security yet? I set up WEP and have only had the problem you describe happen once since then. My problem might also have been other people that were using my network from outside of my house!

* = I'm not trying to argue about the negatives or WEP. It is better then nothing (I know, I know.. not much better, but still...)

#634622 - 20/05/05 11:13 AM Re: linksys router problem
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Are you sure you are talking about a router Jose? Are you talking about an access point or a wireless NIC card?

#634623 - 20/05/05 11:28 AM Re: linksys router problem
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I have been using the Linksys WRT54G for the last six months and had that happen to me a couple times. Each time I've had to connect a Cat-5 cable to it and reset it to factory defaults, then set up my configuration again. Around the time it last occured my laptop wireless card manufacturer had a driver update I applied and I haven't seen it since.

You may also be having problems with other networks in your area. Use Netstumbler to see what's around you. I've had issues with certain cards trying to connect to other networks even though my router had the highest signal to noise ratio. Try to set your computer up to ignore all networks but yours and make sure your network is on a unique channel as far away as possible from channels your neighbors use.

#634624 - 20/05/05 10:01 PM Re: linksys router problem
josebalado Offline

Loc: Oviedo, FL
Quote:
You may also be having problems with other networks in your area.
Awesome thanks, turns out theres 8 other networks on the same channel. It fixed it
why does everyone hate spammers so much, with the spam i've received i have been able to: get that PHD I have always wanted, get an enormous penis, get prescription drugs without that pesky prescription, have a russian AND japanese bride, and ive also just invested in this awesome African business! And thats just this week!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal