2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#630017 - 15/06/05 11:05 PM Battlefield 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whos going to buy it?! I already have mine on preorder!

#630018 - 15/06/05 11:36 PM Re: Battlefield 2!
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
You can download the demo on gamespot now! [ThumbsUp]

I'm eagerly anticipating its release. I wonder though if I need to upgrade my pc again!

#630019 - 16/06/05 04:54 AM Re: Battlefield 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The game is alright. I was expecting a lot more from it but it turns out to be a BF1942 remake. The sniper rifles are almost impossible to use. I am not sure if I will actually spend money on this game yet.

#630020 - 16/06/05 06:09 AM Re: Battlefield 2!
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
It's nothing like BF1942 in look, feel, or gameplay. I have been playing the demo online, and I like a lot of the new features. Squads, how medics etc.. passively heal, rearm etc.. How the vehicles and spawn points work. But....

The gameplay takes a lot more getting used to as "tactics" factor in much much more now. You definitely just cannot run into battle guns a blazing. It's more like America's Army now. communication with your squad and team is crucial. I love how you can spawn to your squad leader, even in vehicles etc..

The new technology really is a bitch to battle against. If jets or choppers are strafing and bombing your area, you basically have no chance. Tanks are much harder to fight against when you are on foot. they are so much more accurate now.... with the machine guns etc...

It's definitely one to buy, but I think I'm going to get my ass handed to me for a long time before I get into the grove of it.

#630021 - 17/06/05 07:35 PM Re: Battlefield 2!
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
I just downloaded it today. I've never played any of the other games before, just got a new computer though and wanted to test it out. I enjoyed it after I got used to it. I just played the single player version, not even going to try to play online yet.

#630022 - 17/06/05 10:16 PM Re: Battlefield 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Demo won't run on my GF4Ti 4400. Which blows, because I played the demo on my brother's machine all weekend and liked it....alot.

If you're a fan of the the rest of the series, there's a few things to gripe about (unlockable weapons classes and GAY heli control physics.. DC kicks A all over it) and I'm not personally a fan of the more complicated play...but much to like (MUCH better models, run/sprint, communications....)

Lots of subtle improvements and some largish ones too.

Oh yeah, it won't run on my machine.

Awesome that the game will probably end up costing me $400 instead of $50 after a new vid card.

#630023 - 18/06/05 04:34 PM Re: Battlefield 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

smile About the weapons classes, ill tell you how to unlock them.
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\python\bf2\stats

click on unlocks open it in note pad. Scroll down to where you see this:

def onPlayerConnect(player):

below you will see a bunch of 0's. Change them to 1's. BAM you now have all the weapons unlocked.

Oh and that sniper rifle.. lets just say its a lot more powerful.

btw, check pricewatch.com for new vid cards. I picked up a Radeon 9600XT Pro 256mb for 70 bucks.

If anyone wants to play go to 69.93.21.18 look for me, my ingame name is TAW_beefums

#630024 - 20/06/05 12:05 PM Re: Battlefield 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I absolutely despise EA, but I'm having a lot of fun with the demo. I was playing singleplayer quite a bit, and then jumped online with a friend of mine the other day. We got crushed....but it was fun.

My buddy mentioned using a controller when using vehicles like the chopper and the jet. Haven't tried it yet...but I knew when I was playing the game and tried to control the jet with just the mouse and keyboard, I crashed as soon as I left the ground.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal