Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9511 - 03/07/05 01:51 PM 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
IggyB Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta Canada
I'll be in Disneyland with the wife and kids next week.

Is there any off road shops near by that I can visit? Need to get an aluminum fairlead.

#9512 - 03/07/05 07:48 PM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
There's a 4x4parts in Santa Ana...'bout 9 miles.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#9513 - 03/07/05 08:22 PM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear the mechanic there is fucking goofy though. No really. I saw Goofy buying condoms right next door....

OK, bad joke.

#9514 - 03/07/05 08:27 PM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
IggyB Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta Canada
That's bad.

#9515 - 03/07/05 09:10 PM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
I hear the mechanic there is fucking goofy though. No really. I saw Goofy buying condoms right next door....

OK, bad joke.
I figured there would be some Goofy jokes, just didn't think they'd be that bad. :p

#9516 - 03/07/05 09:18 PM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Why did Mickey Mouse File Divorce from Minnie Mouse....

Cause he thought she was Fuckin' Goofy... [Laughing]

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#9517 - 05/07/05 10:02 AM Re: 4x4 shops by Disneyland???
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
$X$ Parts in Santa Ana is run by a group of brain dead robots that could care less about you or your truck. I wouldn't give them a dime. Just my humble opinion. laugh

Dependable Off-Road in Anaheim.

Site:

http://www.dependableoffroad.com/main.htm

Very nice guys, great owner and guys that are themselves heavily involved with the sport.

If you're coming out here and need any info (from a lifetime annual passholder) on how to navagate the Disney Resort in the busy season let me know and I'll pass on a lot of what I know.

How old are the kids? Boys/Girls?
How many days are you going to be here?
Staying at one of the "Anaheim Resorts?"

Quick tips:

If your kids are little, instead of waiting in line to see the princesses/characters if you have little girls/boys, there is a specific time and place that they enter/exit the park from and they enjoy walking with polite, appreciative kids. A walk across the park is a hell of a lot cooler than waiting in line for 20minutes to see a charachter only to be shoved off after a picture and an autograph.

Also.

The multi day ticket that you can use both parks on the same day (Park Hopper) is the key. And patience.

Are you in good shape and willing to do a little running arround? If you are you can be the one doing a little bit of work while your family spends less time in the hot sun standing arround. The big rides have Fast Passes. Tickets that you pull to come back to a selected ride at a specified later time. The catch is that you can't pull a new one for the next popular ride until a window has passes. In that park.

Which means that you can pull a FastPass in one park and go right across the way to the other park and grab one for there as well. Also. The "wet rides" are going to get lined up pretty quick so you want to either get on those first or have those be the first fast passes you get when you arrive. Grizley River Run In DCA or Splash Mountain in Disneyland.

I have used this to take my family to the parks on some of the busiest days of the year like July 4th , and major holidays.

Get to the park, wife and

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal