2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4196 - 14/10/05 05:44 PM any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I've had my X sense march and i love it can never get enough of it and now and im looking 2 add some mods on it like a metal gard so i can put up a winch and maybe some bigger tires i should have gone for the SE version but couldnt affored it so i have the S model anyway i dont know what i should do with it so im looking for ideas from people let me know what i can put on it.

#4197 - 14/10/05 06:08 PM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

steel bumper then add a winch, 33" tires fit on the 05 stock i think, depending on the wheeling you wanna do, go for some mudders if your gonna be doing lots of wheeling and playing in alot of mud cool

#4198 - 14/10/05 06:30 PM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

would i have 2 lift my truck up though just 2 fit the 33'' or can i just jack up my truck and put them on with outlifting it

#4199 - 15/10/05 02:45 PM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Use periods.

#4200 - 17/10/05 05:41 AM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew:
would i have 2 lift my truck up though just 2 fit the 33'' or can i just jack up my truck and put them on with outlifting it
You don't need to lift the truck to put 33's on it. It's just fine stock. You might have some minor rubbing in the front depending on the tire that you go with so you might have to take a dremel and trim some away. You can't lif the truck yet as there is no lift out yet. Calmini is taking orders if you want one. SLR is also working on one.

#4201 - 17/10/05 05:44 AM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew:
Hey I've had my X sense march and i love it can never get enough of it and now and im looking 2 add some mods on it like a metal gard so i can put up a winch and maybe some bigger tires i should have gone for the SE version but couldnt affored it so i have the S model anyway i dont know what i should do with it so im looking for ideas from people let me know what i can put on it.
You can get a front bumper from either Calmini or Shrockworks. I'd go with the Shrockworks one that will let you add a winch later personally. That's going to set you back some $. For the tires I see my response above this one. Check out the 2005 general forum for a lot of discussion that we have gone on over there.

We've been talking about lights, lifts, wheels and other things. You can probably get a lot of ideas. Also since you don't have any armor under it you might want to get some skids under it when they become available as well. You want to get some rock sliders as well to keep from damaging your body. Hope that helps.

#4202 - 17/10/05 05:52 AM Re: any ideas
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
You should decide what the truck can't do, that you want it to, and then mod to get the capability you want.

laugh

Mods for the sake of mods can use up $ that you might wish to have back one day to buy something more useful.

I recommednd a build-up pathway...a sequential approach that gradually gets the X to where you want it, without wasting money on intermediate mods that you won't keep, etc.

Figure out what you plan on using the X for, think about your level of committment to acheive it, and then plan out how to get there in a step by step fashion...

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#4203 - 17/10/05 06:24 AM Re: any ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Use periods.
Thank you. Puncuation makes it easier to read and understand.

Decide what you want to do with your truck first (mudding, rock crawling, forest trails, camping, biking, soccer, etc). All the ideas that were posted are good ones if that is what you want to do. Decide first and than ask for help, it makes it a lot easier for input from people.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal