Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#665821 - 11/11/05 01:09 AM CORR is baddass!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anybody else watches this series, I searched, found a little, but I want to know whos into this and what you think of the future of circuit trophy truck racing. This is way cooler than NASCAR, and up there with rally series in terms of entertainment IMHO. If I could afford it, I'd have a Trophy Frontier in my driveway. This stuff is just too cool.

#665822 - 11/11/05 05:42 AM Re: CORR is baddass!!!!
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Well, someone here tried to drum up a little interest a while back but not much response. Here is a little bit of a discussion on it. You can search and find more on what he tried. I'm all for a CORR forum if we could get it going!

Free NISMo Poster

#665823 - 11/11/05 08:34 AM Re: CORR is baddass!!!!
off2cjb Offline

Got my posters and they are quite nice. Thanks.

#665824 - 11/11/05 10:05 AM Re: CORR is baddass!!!!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
A "Trophy Truck" and a CORR Pro-2 or Pro-4 are two completely different animals. One is built to run hundreds of miles and not break. The other's job is to run for 15 minutes flat out and not break. The Frontier truck is also referred to as a Pro-Lite. The full size trucks run about 800 or so HP and the Pro-Lites are about 300HP.

It talking to drivers who have done both desert and short course ,they are both day and night types of driving. In desert racing you usaully run 70%-80% of the trucks abilities (unless you are Robby) and in CORR you get in the truck and you mash the pedal to the floor. It's been compared to a controlled explosion.

The SCORE trucks (Trophy's) run too much softer suspension travel that does not stick to the course like a dedicated short course truck. They are also a bit heavier and again, built to be stronger over a longer period of time. A CORR full size truck can also be build for a third less than a top Trophy Truck.

I had a great time in San Diego and based on the schedule just released, there will be four CORR races here in California a year. I also had the chance to spend the Friday night before the races in the pits with my friends at DEAVER and got to go over and talk a little bit with the Nissan Factory team manager. (Art Schmidt racing is based in Pa.) It seems that these midwest guys are a little aprehensive about the costs involved with four west coast races but are confident that the sport will grow and sponorships will allow more of them to race full time as real "Pros." With the Baldwin family and their huge money and influence in the sport of off-road racing, the are going to making a huge push to gain exposure.

As Jim Baldwin said," You don't go to a CORR race to watch it, you go to experince it."

Here's a thread from the San Diego race with some pics and thoughs:

CORR on XOC

#665825 - 11/11/05 01:15 PM Re: CORR is baddass!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah Socalpunx, I know the SCORE trucks arent the same as the CORR trucks but I was trying to think of a general category to put them in: NASCAR, Hooters Pro Cup, ASA, = Stock Cars. CART or OWRS or whatever their called now, IRL = Indy Cars. Rally = Rally Cars (that ones simple). ALMS, Endurance racing prototypes = LMP's. What do we call CORR trucks as a general overall description? I thought Trophy trucks sounded like a good enough category.

Dude, I wish they had a race near me. The PNW would be perfect for that stuff. We have all these great drivers and fans, but very little big racing series, that is until the NASCAR track finally gets approved. The biggest racing we have up here is unlimited Hydroplanes, which is cool, but not as cool as auto racing.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal