2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27163 - 18/01/06 12:49 PM Xterra Wikipedia entry
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
First, if you don't know what Wikipedia is, take a second to read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Introduction

If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look at the pathetic excuse of an entry for the Xterra:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Xterra

What do you think, should we flesh this out a bit? I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I use Wikipedia pretty frequently. I thought it would be cool if we updated the Xterra entry a little. Since only 1 person at a time can update the page (and you have to know the Wiki markup language) perhaps people can post their Xterra-related info here? Ideas? Thoughts?

Edit to add: See, not ALL my posts are political rants! smile

#27164 - 18/01/06 12:52 PM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least the information is accurate. Tere are plenty of listings that are way off base...

#27165 - 18/01/06 03:01 PM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I'd just put in a short bit about how it has developed/is developing quite a cult following for both on and offroad use - more info at http://www.xterraownersclub.com

and post a cool offroad pic of a SASed one flexing

#27166 - 18/01/06 05:26 PM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
Saturday Morning Offline

Loc: Shawnee, KS (Kansas City area)
Done.

added:
The Xterra was originally introduced in the US with the 2000 model year and was marketed as a 'hard core, true to the name' SUV with the slogan Everything you need, nothing you don't. It was an effort to bring true off roading back to it's roots and away from the luxury models that were saturating the 4 wheel drive market.

There's plenty more to add. who's next?

#27167 - 19/01/06 08:17 AM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Saturday Morning:
Done.
...It was an effort to bring true off roading back to it's roots
That's not entirely true... the Xterra wasn't marketed as an offroad vehicle, really - it was marketed as an active-lifestyle vehicle... meaning that they didn't expect you to take it Jeeping - they expected you to load it up with your bikes, snowboards, climbing gear, kayak etc and use it to get to the places where you could perform THOSE activities.

If it were originally designed as some kind of back-to-basics offroader it would have had an SFA, lockers etc.

The offroading thing was something that kind of developed after some pioneers (the real XOC oldtimers - not me) started getting very into that and started modding the trucks for it.

Yeah - it is a capable offroader stock, and I'm sure that was no accident... but it wasn't the focus of the truck.

#27168 - 19/01/06 09:19 AM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
It's an encyclopedia, not an op-ed piece.

Lose the opinions. Stick to the facts.

#27169 - 19/01/06 09:25 AM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Cool, this is good stuff.

I can break out the page into separate "areas" today, like history, 1st and 2nd generation, photos, etc.

I discovered that people have really filled out the VQ engine info.

EDIT to add:

Only took a few hours before some f@cking tool put this in:

"Unfortunately, the original Xterra brought virtually nothing you needed, and was lacking most everything you did.

With the introduction of the 2005 model year, Nissan attempted to "fix" thier brand, by correcting several inadequacies, worst of all the engine. It is now one of the most powerful sport-utes in its class, and is bigger than any of its competitors."

Guess that's why they have a "delete" button...

#27170 - 19/01/06 10:23 AM Re: Xterra Wikipedia entry
Saturday Morning Offline

Loc: Shawnee, KS (Kansas City area)
Actually, that is a good point. I still think Nissan did the right thing by going back to the basics for those of us that didn't want (or couldn't afford) all those pointless extras.

anyways, revised to read:

The Xterra was originally introduced in the US with the 2000 model year and was marketed as a Basic, but true to the name' SUV with the slogan ''Everything you need, nothing you don't.'' Which in some ways flew in the face of the many rival luxury models that were saturating the 4 wheel drive market.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal