Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#581765 - 27/01/06 02:06 AM Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been a lurker/reader for a while and finally decided to take the plunge... and I'm GLAD I did.

Picked up an auto '06 4X4 wearing Night Armor paint with the intention of building this XTerra into a very capable off roader and am willing to spend some coin doing so.

Part of the fun owning an X is modding it to suit yourself... as such, below are my IMMEDIATE mods. Further (alas, more expensive drive train mods are coming)...

Mudflaps off (done).

Silicone window wipers X 3 with 5 year warranty(done).

Black tail light guards cos they look sharp (done)

Shrockwork sliders (ordered).

Calmini skids under consideration (not sure if they make plates for the 06 but have an email out regarding same).

One thing though.

When I was buying the rig, I passed on the Nissan security system because I felt it was outrageously overpriced. I then took my new X to an alarm installation company and the tech told me that unless I was concerned about items contained in the vehicle being stolen, the truck itself is relatively immune from theft by your average drug-addicted crackhead via the Nissan Vehicle Immobilization System. Obviously, a serious pro can steal just about any vehicle.

Is this accurate or inaccurate?

Thanks in advance for the info regarding vehicle security and I just wanted to say hello to all!

#581766 - 27/01/06 05:32 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to the X'citement!! [drink]

#581767 - 27/01/06 06:09 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#581768 - 27/01/06 06:29 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581769 - 27/01/06 08:30 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581770 - 27/01/06 09:02 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Welcome [Wave]

Quote:
Originally posted by XTerra-MAN:
One thing though.

When I was buying the rig, I passed on the Nissan security system because I felt it was outrageously overpriced. I then took my new X to an alarm installation company and the tech told me that unless I was concerned about items contained in the vehicle being stolen, the truck itself is relatively immune from theft by your average drug-addicted crackhead via the Nissan Vehicle Immobilization System. Obviously, a serious pro can steal just about any vehicle.

Yes they are correct. Your ignition key has a special chip in it that is coded to your vehicle. When you go to start your car your security system on the car sends a signal to the key looking for the security code. Your car will not start without it receiving the correct security code.

#581771 - 27/01/06 02:29 PM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Night Armor-- excellent choice [ThumbsUp]

#581772 - 27/01/06 03:42 PM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581773 - 28/01/06 04:47 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:
[Wave] Welcome [Wave]

Quote:
Originally posted by XTerra-MAN:
[b]One thing though.

Yes they are correct. Your ignition key has a special chip in it that is coded to your vehicle. When you go to start your car your security system on the car sends a signal to the key looking for the security code. Your car will not start without it receiving the correct security code.[/b]

#581774 - 28/01/06 04:47 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/qb][/QUOTE]Yes they are correct. Your ignition key has a special chip in it that is coded to your vehicle. When you go to start your car your security system on the car sends a signal to the key looking for the security code. Your car will not start without it receiving the correct security code.[/qb][/QUOTE][/QB][/QUOTE]

Is that true for the 05' too?

#581775 - 28/01/06 01:49 PM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Welcome to XOC!!! [Smoking]

#581776 - 28/01/06 05:27 PM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome!

And let the rest of Arizonans know how long those 5 year wipers actually last. Don't ever seem to last more than a year for me.

Rob

#581777 - 28/01/06 07:35 PM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XCon-cannon:
[/qb]
Yes they are correct. Your ignition key has a special chip in it that is coded to your vehicle. When you go to start your car your security system on the car sends a signal to the key looking for the security code. Your car will not start without it receiving the correct security code.[/QUOTE][/QB][/QUOTE]

Is that true for the 05' too?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes it is the same for the '05's. Not many changes were made to the '06's other then the fact that they added the X edition and made some options on the '05 standard on the '06.

#581778 - 29/01/06 07:33 AM Re: Just got my X - LOVE IT!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinagua:
Welcome!

And let the rest of Arizonans know how long those 5 year wipers actually last. Don't ever seem to last more than a year for me.

Rob
I'll be happy if they go two years...surprised as well. frown

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal