2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8166 - 18/03/06 10:51 AM Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys I am hoping to go trade my X in today for an 06 OR 4x4 Xterra. My only problem is i still dont know how much the insurance is going to be on it and it sounds like my parents dont want me buying it until i know. So, What do you guys pay a year for insuance?
Right now-AAA-03 Xterra XE 4x2- $1,300 a year

#8167 - 18/03/06 10:56 AM Re: Insurance
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
There are several determining factors that are weighed into the cost of insurance:

-Where the truck is garaged.
-How old you are.
-Driving record.
-Multiple policy discounts.
-Type of coverage.

The best way to determine how much you will pay is to simply call around. Pick the top 5 major insurers in your area and call the 800 numbers for a quote. Because of the vast differences in the above mentioned items, you probably won't get a real good idea on how much you will pay based on everyones reponses here.

#8168 - 18/03/06 11:04 AM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just call AAA and ask what it will cost. You don't need to actually change the policy. Don't know if you can get them on a Saturday, though.

What any of us pay may will have little relation to what you might have to pay, as there are a lot of factors involved.

#8169 - 18/03/06 12:50 PM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

grr..i had the biggest pain shopping for insurance. ended up, the company i went with, if i applied for insurance two days later, my premium dropped by $400 every 6 months. two days! and it took me talking to three different reps before they figured it out.

#8170 - 18/03/06 01:43 PM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just shopped around for 8 different auto insurers. Cheapest by far is Progressive. I did not price Geico.

#8171 - 18/03/06 01:52 PM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's scary how close this is to a progessive commercial. But the best way is to call for quotes since driving record age and location are big varriables.

#8172 - 18/03/06 02:32 PM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys thanks for the help i think im going to call pergressive to see how cheap they can get it. But i think im going to get the car anyway. Once i get it i will post a picture of it smile smile smile smile IM SOOOOO EXCITED :p

#8173 - 19/03/06 08:46 AM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another thing that insurance companies look into, is your credit rating. I learned this after moving to NC and having to purchase a NC insurance policy. Still was a lot cheaper to get insurance in NC compared to CT!! smile

#8174 - 19/03/06 09:45 AM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

As an insurance agent, call your insurance company and have them do a quote on the new X. Your credit can be a factor depending on the state and how years you have of driving experience not just your age. Good luck!

#8175 - 19/03/06 10:47 AM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try these guys www.wawanesa.com they are in San Diego. As long as you haven't had any accidents/tickets in the last 3 years you can get a quote. I pay a little over $500 for 1 year with my X. The only drawback with them though is they don't cover you in Mexico but I don't go there with my truck so no problem.

#8176 - 20/03/06 02:12 PM Re: Insurance
SquidlyX Offline

Loc: Chula Vista,CA
One more thing about insurance in Cali is the cost changes depending on the zip code you live in. Since I live in ChulaWana my insurance is more than it would be if I live a little farther north in San Diego. mad

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar" Mark Twain.

#8177 - 20/03/06 02:59 PM Re: Insurance
Anonymous
Unregistered

haha Chulajuana, Nasty city, Manila Mesa, have not thought about thoses cities in awhile.
retired squid
cheers

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal