Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2458 - 04/04/06 08:05 PM 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fuel Cap Problem

Could the Xterra be next if they share so many parts?

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nissan is recalling about 44-thousand Frontier pickup trucks in North America. The automaker says the truck's fuel cap could come off, allowing gasoline to spill if the vehicle gets involved in a severe side crash.

The recall affects 2005 and 2006 models of the Frontier King Cab pickup.

The automaker says there have been no crashes, injuries or fires reported from the potential problem.

Nissan says it will notify owners and ask them to bring the vehicles to a dealer for repair.

Dealers will replace the fuel cap tether and pin assembly at no cost to the owner.

#2459 - 05/04/06 05:38 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shoot...I replaced mine within the first week with a locking gas cap. With gas prices so high, the last thing I needed was somebody syphoning gas from my rig.

#2460 - 05/04/06 06:21 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Anonymous
Unregistered

i don't think this will affect ours....

look on the frontier boards and there's tons of people bitching about that fuel cap... i haven't seen hardly any over here. notice also, that it's only for king cabs for some reason

#2461 - 05/04/06 07:47 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
Shoot...I replaced mine within the first week with a locking gas cap. With gas prices so high, the last thing I needed was somebody syphoning gas from my rig.
I wonder how often that happens these days... that would sure suck frown

#2462 - 05/04/06 08:52 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thread Jack laugh
Has anyone been able to syphon gas from there X. I am sure it can be done, but I tried to get some for our jetski once and I couldn't even get the tube wet. I didn't want to push too hard incase there is a screen or something in the way. What do you do? Thanks, Tim

#2463 - 05/04/06 09:57 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lj1983:
look on the frontier boards and there's tons of people bitching about that fuel cap... i haven't seen hardly any over here. notice also, that it's only for king cabs for some reason
I've never heard anything about the cap, just the fuel fill door flips open too easily. And the little clip that is supposed to keep it shut likes to fall out. One of my only gripes so far.

#2464 - 05/04/06 11:41 AM Re: 05-06 Frontiers Recalled
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
[b]Shoot...I replaced mine within the first week with a locking gas cap. With gas prices so high, the last thing I needed was somebody syphoning gas from my rig.
I wonder how often that happens these days... that would sure suck frown [/b]
I thought that's not possible any more on modern vehicles. I tried pumping gas (drill pump) out of my old Camry's tank, way too many turns to allow the hose to even touch the fuel inside.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal