Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28226 - 23/10/06 05:39 AM 2004->2006/7 off of a lease
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am currently leasing my X right now and it is due up next August. With a 36,000 mile lease I am coming to terms very quickly that there is no way I will be able to make that. As it stands today my truck has 32,000 miles on it. When my lease was going to come up I was thinking about getting a Mazdaspeed 3 as my next car. But the more I think about it I think I would miss having the capablities of a truck (lots of cargo space, offroading, 4x4 for snow). So the next thing that came into my mind was a new X. Here is my question for you guys out there. Do you think I could go back to my dealer and see if they would make a deal with me about taking back my truck early if I am willing to buy a brand new one on the spot from them? I did say buy because leasing is just not for me and I do not want to get caught up in it. I don't know if it will work but I am trying to figure out if it is worth a try. Any thoughts?

#28227 - 23/10/06 06:57 AM Re: 2004->2006/7 off of a lease
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dealerships are always more interested in selling vehicles then leasing them. I think they might take you up on that offer, just watch out, they might try and jack up the price on you.

#28228 - 23/10/06 09:22 AM Re: 2004->2006/7 off of a lease
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give it a try. We had a 2002 Honda Accord V6 and traded it in about 8 months before the lease was up and leased an 05 Acura TL. The dealer took our Accord and paid it right out and we didn't have to pay anything except for our Lease obligations on the new car.

We just traded in the Acura TL for the Xterra and we only had the TL for about 14 months and we still had 25 months left on the lease. We were able to get away from the car with only losing about $2000. We could have opted to wait it out but hubby had a bad accident in June. Some lady made a left turn through the intersection and sideswipped him. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of not taking the car back to the dealership to get fixed and took it to a preferred autobody shop of our insurance company and they just butchered the car. It was gone for 3 months (12 weeks the first time, back for a week and then back for 2 more weeks to fix mistakes that they had made).

We were just fed up with the whole process and felt that the car would never be the same, so we got rid of it.

You really have to check into and see if it's the right deal for you. Good Luck!

#28229 - 23/10/06 10:14 AM Re: 2004->2006/7 off of a lease
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buy out your lease on the X you have, and then get THIS for cheap laugh

#28230 - 23/10/06 10:17 AM Re: 2004->2006/7 off of a lease
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Buy out your lease on the X you have, and then get THIS for cheap laugh
Holy shit is that thing hot!!!!! For $6500 it is a steal...asshole [Finger] [Finger] smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal