2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3030 - 08/12/06 09:28 AM How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much did you guys get your bumpers for for those who have them?? Just wondering if I should buy new if some people out there got deals that I should be looking for. I would love a set of front and rear but these things are big bucks.

#3031 - 08/12/06 09:30 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spent $0. laugh

Insurance paid for mine.

EDIT: beers tonight? [drink]

#3032 - 08/12/06 09:36 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

QUICK SOMEBODY HIT ME. wink

Tony, you really really suck. Free bumper and $50 bones for a roof rack?

I might be playing poker tonight. Do you play? Only $10 buy in. Just for kicks.

#3033 - 08/12/06 09:38 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't really play poker. I have too many things I'm already addicted to to pick up gambling as well. laugh

Hit me up if you wanna go grab a drink. I was thinking Yard House with 100 beers on tap.

By the way... park your X facing the street. You never know, someone might ram your front end at night. wink

#3034 - 08/12/06 09:56 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will do.

#3035 - 13/12/06 05:03 PM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spent $0 as well wink

The bumpers came on the Xterra when I bought it.

But, as for pricing on mine..the ARB is around $750 and the Skid Row Tire Carrier/Bumper is around $1100 I believe...add another $120 to carry 2 gas cans on it, or a gas can and a CO2 tank (like I have on mine).

You rarely find deals on bumpers, let alone anyone selling them unless they're doing a huge part out for a X being sold or traded in. It happens though, just not too often and you usually have to be pretty quick to jump on it.

#3036 - 13/12/06 05:20 PM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

my Shrock front was about $625 unpainted (i wouldn't suggest going that route).

i listed and sold mine in 2 days on MXO for $500 about a week or 2 ago.

#3037 - 13/12/06 05:21 PM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spent about $650 on the ARB for the front and $700 on the calimini for the rear

#3038 - 13/12/06 07:56 PM Re: How Much did you spend?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Original cost or total cost? [LOL] Both my bumpers have been modified... the rear one extensively!

But...

ARB front bumper: $400 brand new direct from ARB (scratch and dent deal). Cost to date maybe $550 with new materials.

KMA rear bumper/tire carrier: $350 originally (IIRC), probably up to $1000 by now with new materials.

If I were to put a dollar value on my labor costs, there would probably be another $1000 in both bumpers. Then add the lights, winch, accessories, etc. for another $1500 or so.

That's $3K just in bumpers! eek

#3039 - 14/12/06 06:53 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

holy shite! $3k. Damn. How did you get the scratch and dent deal. That is what I am looking for. Did ARB list it on their website or did you get it through XOC? Can you guys post some pics of your rigs?

Thanks

#3040 - 14/12/06 07:51 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I paid $700-ish for my Calmini - and I'm not willing to fork over $1k for a rear so I'm building my own.

#3041 - 14/12/06 09:23 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just set up a deal with Shrockworks, since they're in Houston and I'm in Austin...

Let's just say it's over $3K for the full meal deal: front and rear bumpers, sliders, full underbody armor. All the options on everything (except winch and lights).

Can't wait to get them installed.

Woody

#3042 - 14/12/06 01:47 PM Re: How Much did you spend?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
holy shite! $3k. Damn. How did you get the scratch and dent deal. That is what I am looking for. Did ARB list it on their website or did you get it through XOC? Can you guys post some pics of your rigs?

Thanks
I know somebody who knew somebody at ARB in Seattle. This was quite some time ago, but it was a Navara bar that needed the Xterra modification. I paid the ARB guy $75 to adapt it and install it for me... forgot about that. ANyway, somebody hit the side wing on it with a forklift and bent it. They bent it back, but it has a slight ripple in the top that is mostly hidden by the fender. It could not be sold as new, so I got a deal! The guy I got it from does not work at ARB anymore, but I suppose you could contact ARB and ask if they every have any scratch and dent deals. Since it's the distributor and they don't normally sell retail, I don't know if they will, but you can always ask. Otherwise check with the retail outlets that sell ARB.

I should have lots of pictures of both bumpers int he pictures section. Search my member number 1229.

#3043 - 15/12/06 04:34 AM Re: How Much did you spend?
Anonymous
Unregistered

$53 for shipping of the rear bumper. Destination Xterra giveaway. [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal