2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13695 - 06/12/06 05:35 PM Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never owned a Nissan, how does the quality
and reliability compare to Toyota ?
No flames please.

#13696 - 06/12/06 05:36 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

well its not a chevy dodge or ford hope that helps

#13697 - 06/12/06 05:45 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
well its not a chevy dodge or ford hope that helps
And I'm sure it is 1,000 times better than my Jeep !

#13698 - 06/12/06 06:16 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by IH8MUD:
Quote:
[b]well its not a chevy dodge or ford hope that helps
And I'm sure it is 1,000 times better than my Jeep ![/b]
First XOC troll with 5 trucks?

#13699 - 06/12/06 06:20 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
Quote:
Originally posted by IH8MUD:
[b]
Quote:
[b]well its not a chevy dodge or ford hope that helps
And I'm sure it is 1,000 times better than my Jeep ![/b]
First XOC troll with 5 trucks?[/b]
I am not a troll, I am looking for a replacement
for my LOW Quality Jeep Rubicon.

#13700 - 06/12/06 06:33 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

The world knows that Nissan and Toyota are the better brands of the imports. Great resale and you can expect long life from both. Nissan offers more horse power. Toyota more after market parts. I perfer the Nissan of coarse.

Your only option is to go test drive both back to back, then you will know which one you like best!

#13701 - 06/12/06 06:34 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, try to stay out of the flames........... [LOL] [LOL]

#13702 - 06/12/06 06:37 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

I find it telling that no one actually addressed his question. Toyota quality is legendary. Ford, GM, Dodge is not. I would generally agree that any Nissan is of higher quality than any of it's "American-made" counterparts. However, having owned Hondas, I would not say that my X is of higher quality than them. I consider Toyota on par with Honda. You get what you pay for. The X is a low-priced, entry level SUV. I've found it quite reliable, just as reliable as my Hondas, but if I had my druthers, and another $10k, I'd rather have a 4Runner.

#13703 - 06/12/06 06:44 PM Re: Nissan quality
Deer hunter Offline

Loc: Chicagoland
I work for Totota but I drive Nissan
I would put Toyota and Nissan on the same lavel.
Dodge is total reject and I would never compare
Dodge to Nissan or Toyota.
Chris

#13704 - 06/12/06 06:47 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybone:
I find it telling that no one actually addressed his question. Toyota quality is legendary. Ford, GM, Dodge is not. I would generally agree that any Nissan is of higher quality than any of it's "American-made" counterparts. However, having owned Hondas, I would not say that my X is of higher quality than them. I consider Toyota on par with Honda. You get what you pay for. The X is a low-priced, entry level SUV. I've found it quite reliable, just as reliable as my Hondas, but if I had my druthers, and another $10k, I'd rather have a 4Runner.
Yes, I am just wanting some honest feedback
from the people that actually own the X.

#13705 - 06/12/06 06:47 PM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

This might be what you are looking for !
http://media.putfile.com/05-Xterra-OR--vs--05-Tacoma-TRD

Hope this helps [LOL]

#13706 - 06/12/06 08:50 PM Re: Nissan quality
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
I've owned a lot of different cars and trucks.
I'm really happy with the Xterra.

#13707 - 07/12/06 03:48 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

When we were looking at the sentra we acctually brought the carolla to the toyota dealership and parked them side by side to compare. I'm not sure the nissan people were impressed but we ended up going with the sentra. They're not going to not let you do this so why not. When we poped the hoods and started the carolla the salesgut said ok not start the sentra. It was already running and the choice was easy!

#13708 - 07/12/06 04:34 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

#13709 - 07/12/06 05:06 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what did you decide? At least which way are you leaning?

#13710 - 07/12/06 07:26 AM Re: Nissan quality
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Yeah - my impression is that the Toy is somewhat better than the Xterra - but that it's correspondingly more expensive... both are great vehicles.

The first generation Xterra has a few predictable problems:
1) cracked exhaust manifolds
2) rear main seal leaks
3) window regulators (on some years)
4) occasional headgasket or tranny problems - but not too many
mmmm... that's all that's coming to mind right now.

Also keep in mind if you're buying used, that the V6 first gens ('00-'04) have a timing BELT that must be replaced at 105k miles. The 4-cylinders and the '05+ gen 2's have chains.

I'm sure there are a few common problems with the next gens - but I don't know them. Maybe look around the next gen forum.

Compared to the Rubicon, the X will be a huge improvement onroad - power(gen 2 X only), mileage(gen 2 X only), cargo room, ride quality etc. Off road, they are very capable - especially the gen 2's with the OR package... they come with a rear diff locker - but they're not really on the same level as a solid axle dual-locked Rubicon (though at this point I can say that mine will definitely kick a stock Rubicon's ass wink ).

Hope that's helful.

#13711 - 07/12/06 08:14 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
So what did you decide? At least which way are you leaning?
I am leaning toward the X, I was just at the
dealer and test drove an '06 SE .
They didnt have an '06 Offroad, which is kind
of what I want, but I dont know if I need it.

#13712 - 07/12/06 08:24 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, My Mechanic went to Toyota factory in Japan, the pride and quality he saw, made him realize why the Japanese cars are so good (including Nissan's). If fact there are going to be building a new Nissan factory in Toyota City,Japan.

Because of the all the major suppliers of auto parts are there too.

Amercan's car's are expensive (labor cost-highest in the world), lot of the workers do not have PRIDE and quality in their workman ship.
Plus Auto makers are always trying to cut cost.
In the end...they lose to Japan,Korea,Europe...Just my thoughts on these..Aloha

PS:My mechanic was a Auto mechanic teacher at a community college,work various shops,now owns and operate his own repair shop...lots of knowledge and experence...

#13713 - 07/12/06 08:50 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybone:
.....Toyota quality is legendary...

.....You get what you pay for. The X is a low-priced, entry level SUV. I've found it quite reliable, just as reliable as my Hondas, but if I had my druthers, and another $10k, I'd rather have a 4Runner.
Welcome to 2006!

Toyota's recent problems with recalls have lumped them right in with the other manufacturers. They now compete with Hyundai .

Comparing the 4runner with the Xterra is pointless. It should be test driven alongside its counterpart, the Pathfinder. The Xterra should be test driven alongside the FJ Cruiser and the Hummer H3.

I have the extra ca$h to go but an FJ or 4runner or Land Cruiser. However, I will not because I happen to like my Xterra's features better thsn those vehicles.

My Xterra is the "lower quality" version and I have abused it for 3 years with no problems.

Just remember that a 4x4 is more costly to maintain than a car and to expect to account for the extra maintenance costs.

Drive all the vehicles and choose what you like. Just remember that if you go with a newer SUV, you will lose the solid front axle on your Rubicon. I happen to like the '07 Rubi Unlimited, but I can't comment on its level of quality.

Good luck and let us know what you buy! [drink]

#13714 - 07/12/06 09:02 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, my husband and I have owned Ford, GM & Dodge and hope to never go back. I got my first import car in 2002 - a Honda Accord and I've never went back. Loved the Accord, then went to Acura and now Nissan. I have to say that I'm not all that impressed with Toyota however. We drove a couple of Toyota's this past summer while our car was being repaired and the quality was just not what I expected. Also, we drove the Hyundai Tucson for 2 days and I returned it to the rental company because it was junk and the Toyota Camry wasn't much better.

I like Honda and I'm quite happy with Nissan.

#13715 - 07/12/06 09:09 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have owned 5 Nissans before I bought my Xterra. All have been excellent vehicles. My 72 240Z was totally awesome. It was very hard to sell it so I could have a down payment on my house. Since I have only had my Xterra for 3 months I can't make any judgements on it.

#13716 - 07/12/06 09:19 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it depends on what you need. The Xterra fits my needs perfectly. So far I haven't heard of the Second Gen's having any major problems. With the exception of poor seat material, which you can correct with some nice seat covers. Any one can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I drove the Toyota's and was not impressed, just my opinion. I thought the motors were noisier with less power. And for all that I read about how nice their interior looks, I thought it looked cheap. I test drove a Tacoma and an FJ, not the 4runner as I knew it was out of my price range. I have been reading that the power trains on the new toyota's are under-sized for the weight of the vehicle and they are starting to have some issues with them on Tacoma's and 4runners. I'm sure they will remedy this if it is true.

I do think that Toyota, Honda and Nissan all are quality car manufacturers, but this is the first brand new car I've ever owned. I thought about getting the new Wrangler, really glad I didn't. I stopped by the dealership to look at one, they had it on the show room floor and the door didn't even shut properly. The latch was tight and the bottom part of the door was over a quarter inch from being flush with the body of the vehicle. My brother was actually thinking about trading his Frontier for a Wrangler until we saw that.

#13717 - 07/12/06 09:22 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Deer hunter:
I work for Totota but I drive Nissan
That makes me smile.

#13718 - 07/12/06 09:23 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should add I haven't had any problems with my seats, but have read on here where people with the 05 & 06's have and have gotten them fixed under warranty.

#13719 - 07/12/06 09:46 AM Re: Nissan quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I have a job that takes me outdoors a lot and over a lot of different ground. Through my company and personnel vehicles I have owned or had both Chevrolet and Ford pickups, a chevy blazer, Ford exploder, Honda accord, and now the X. In terms of quality the Honda and Nissan are miles beyond any of the domestic brands I have ever owned. The X suits my lifestyle to a tee and is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal