Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32832 - 08/01/07 07:45 PM Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wanna get a new 07 OR X. I want the RF system and thats pretty much it, I don't need all the cargo configurations as there are companies that I like that different it things about it. Ok enough jibber jabber they was I want it it is $28,030 with out TT&L. Aside from talking to someone about being in college and good student discounts (I love Texas for that). Can you farm truck an X, I have the papers stating we have land and all the legal stuff you need, but is it just for trucks or SUV's too?

#32833 - 08/01/07 08:40 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't know for sure about TX, but in VA I have seen all kinds of SUV's with Farm Tags issued by the state.

#32834 - 09/01/07 07:01 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have seen bigger SUV's tahoes burbans and some excursions. Hopefully a mis sized (badass one I might add) SUV can pass as one too.

#32835 - 09/01/07 07:29 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

round here we just spray paint farm use on the sides and the back....dont need no tags.

#32836 - 09/01/07 10:57 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, I know this is the internet and all and grammar is not that important here, but....

YOU'RE IN COLLEGE?

Quote:
they was I want it it is
Seriously?

#32837 - 10/01/07 05:18 AM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
Dude, I know this is the internet and all and grammar is not that important here, but....

YOU'RE IN COLLEGE?

Quote:
they was I want it it is
Seriously?
Ehh I type fast it doesn't bother me.

I wouldn't like to spray paint it on a brand new X. If you don't know buying it as a farm truck you will not pay taxes on it. Therefore it will save me more green.

#32838 - 10/01/07 05:45 AM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you get busted using it for non farm work it's a rather large fine.

here you have to have 5 acres to qualify for a farm tag. You may be asked to prove that you operate a functioning farm.

#32839 - 10/01/07 07:57 AM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are a Farmer's son, and in college you can get away with not using it to farm. Especially if you go home to help Dad here and there. I bet you can farm truck it. I'd call the DMV though, they are the only ones who can tell you for sure.

I'm pretty sure a couple of my friends in college had "farm SUVs," but I never really asked them about it.

#32840 - 10/01/07 04:50 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
if you get busted using it for non farm work it's a rather large fine.

here you have to have 5 acres to qualify for a farm tag. You may be asked to prove that you operate a functioning farm.
We have 75 acres and it is being plowed every other week to get ready for spring. Its an operational farm with paper work to prove it. And not using it as a farm truck half the trucks here say farm on them and they roll 20's.

I just didn't know if a mid-sized SUV could classify as one, guess I will only know by calling the DMV

#32841 - 10/01/07 07:17 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok.... so why do you want Farm tags?

The poor english didn't help you in the first post...

I have 1000+ acres in South Texas and don't use Farm tags on my X.... because I don't use it for farm use. I have Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel trucks for that.

#32842 - 10/01/07 08:05 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cuz not paying taxes makes it that much cheaper and gets me that much closer to getting a X.

#32843 - 11/01/07 12:11 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverboyXEZ:
Cuz not paying taxes makes it that much cheaper and gets me that much closer to getting a X.
Ah, so in other words, fraud?

#32844 - 11/01/07 01:28 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's great how on this site someone asks a question and everyone just goes after him. Just because it is a farm truck doesn't mean you have to farm with it every day.

If he is a college kid and his dad is a farmer, don't see anything wrong with claiming it as a farm truck. Especially if he does work on the farm.

There are plenty of farmers that buy brand new pickups that they don't farm with. The closest thing to farm use they see is driving out on Sunday to check the crops.

I am not an accountant, but it doesn't sound like fraud to me. Plus it is none of anyone's business here what he uses the truck for. His question was whether or not an SUV could have farm tags. It sounds like yes.

#32845 - 11/01/07 04:24 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ebp_em1:
Quote:
[b]Cuz not paying taxes makes it that much cheaper and gets me that much closer to getting a X.
Ah, so in other words, fraud?[/b]
Did I ever say I wasn't going to use it on a farm. I thought this board was about having/owning a X and using it was it intended for off the pavement and not bashing someone trying to get one for cheaper. Guess my brother was wrong about this board.

#32846 - 11/01/07 05:01 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would buy a white X and paint some black spots on it. Then, just get you family brand on that thing and it may just pass for a cow...

#32847 - 11/01/07 09:09 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ebp_em1:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Cuz not paying taxes makes it that much cheaper and gets me that much closer to getting a X.
Ah, so in other words, fraud?[/b]
Did I ever say I wasn't going to use it on a farm. I thought this board was about having/owning a X and using it was it intended for off the pavement and not bashing someone trying to get one for cheaper. Guess my brother was wrong about this board.[/b]
No, but from your post it sounds like you just want a way to bail on paying tax.

How is driving an xterra, and finding loopholes in the tax system anyway related?

#32848 - 11/01/07 09:50 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How is buying an X and using it for some farm use fraud?

#32849 - 13/01/07 03:29 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey bro...I told you tread lightly on this club...the vultures here are just lookin to flame on people. I rarely post or reply because people on this board are sensitive and mostly crybabies. If I were you, I would take our farm property rights and Farm truck it. It will work, just drive to the valley every now and then, look at our ranch, and drink some beers for me. Then put it in 4Lo and tear up our land when it's raining. We use to do it in you Z before we gave it to you.

Use this club for researching mainly. Becareful with you grammar and anything else. If these people can't find something to blast you about, they will get your typing or call you a spoiled kid.

By the way, get me a decent deal on a front bumper. I need that for when I get my tire carrier.

My X can out-do your Z Bitch!!!

#32850 - 13/01/07 05:31 PM Re: Nissan Farm Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheaters are never welcome in any forum, club, or most any other venue... don't expect to be flame-proof, here.

I personally hate it when people try to use an old farm-use credit to save a few bucks...

...like those who use someone elses handicap sticker/tag to get a close parking spot. Guess you could imagine getting the same response if you were asking how to copy a handicap tag.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal