Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35626 - 23/02/07 09:45 AM Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone ever tried these? the science seems sound, but are they just gimicks?

http://tinyurl.com/2h75av

#35627 - 23/02/07 09:49 AM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsDown] Save yourself the $ and just duct tape magnets to your fuel lines. You could also just put fan blades after your intake....same increase I bet!

#35628 - 23/02/07 11:29 AM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

you could just send me $10. it would cost less and have the same result in milage

#35629 - 23/02/07 02:50 PM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMG- Taken straight from that auctions "PREVIOUS AUCTION COMMENTS"

""""WOW...04 RangeRover Gas MPG went from 15MPG at 45MPH to 22MPG at 45MPH. IT WORKS""""

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

MGJ

#35630 - 23/02/07 04:09 PM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Figured as much, heard the K&N air filters make the gas mileage better.

#35631 - 23/02/07 07:21 PM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

there is another gimmick like that on the market and i think someone posted something on here about it saying that it works as much as anything else out there for improved mpg......ZERO increase whatsoever. i agree save your money and just invest it in a CAI.

#35632 - 23/02/07 08:25 PM Re: Save gas increase power?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by SUVdaddy:
Figured as much, heard the K&N air filters make the gas mileage better.
Only incrementally.

The best thing you can do to increase the gas mileage (aside from more frugal driving habits) is to inflate the tires to a pretty good pressure (depending on tire brand and type, somewhere around 35 - 45 PSI).

#35633 - 23/02/07 08:39 PM Re: Save gas increase power?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, Please do more research on this? ...It may seems to work..BUT if it did...most car companies would have put it in from the factory.

More people would be selling them and installing them..if it works the way they claim it does...if it is too good to be true? ...Watch out.

PS: I try them in my dodge.truck...took them out...it was choking my injection system...it got worst...

Pay alot of attentin to all the comments you read here....that is a testimonel to it greatness as a gas saver. ....best to use that money on your next fill up!

Want to save gas...reduce the weight in your X, change to synetic oils, Keep tires at the right pressures,Tune up often,Keep a lighter foot on the gas petal, DO NOT drive fast.

Lastly use your wife's car..when it is home...Aloha

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal