Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12721 - 19/02/07 06:09 AM '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey,
Just got a new '07 a couple weeks back and the locks don't automatically lock anymore (like my '01 did). I'm having to press the lock and unlock each time I start and park the car. HELP! Is this a design flaw or am I missing something?
Thanks guys!

#12722 - 19/02/07 06:46 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My '05 doesn't lock automatically - it may be a feature of the 2nd gen.

Have you checked your manual?

#12723 - 19/02/07 06:48 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, nothing is mentioned either way, so I'm puzzled to say the least.

#12724 - 19/02/07 07:03 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you mean when you put it in gear and begin to accelerate?

This is my first Xterra and it is a 2nd Gen, so I don't know how it worked on this vehicle.

One of my vehicles before the Xterra was a Saturn L300 and it would lock when it was put in gear and then it would not unlock until the car was turned off and the key was removed or the unlock button was depressed. I HATED that! I had to take it in for repairs because friends and family members who did not know about this would try to open the door before I pulled out the key and eventually the lock on that side jammed and the door could not be opened.

I do not miss that car! And I am glad the Xterra does not have that feature! laugh

#12725 - 19/02/07 07:19 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have one button to press to lock/unlock all the doors. How hard of a task is that? :rolleyes: You don't even have to reach over to manually lock/unlock all the doors.

#12726 - 19/02/07 08:08 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whenever I would turn the '01 on and drive away the doors would automatically lock. When I would park they would automatically unlock. My '07 doesn't do this, so I need to remember to lock and unlock each time. Old habits die hard and all that...it just became something I was used to.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious. Thought the boards were for finding out about what other owners knew that I didn't.

#12727 - 19/02/07 09:25 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the auto lock feature standard on First gen.? My '04 doesn't lock automatically. And yes, sometimes I forget to lock it. [Freak]

#12728 - 19/02/07 09:39 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Quote:
Originally posted by UFKeL:
Whenever I would turn the '01 on and drive away the doors would automatically lock. When I would park they would automatically unlock. My '07 doesn't do this, so I need to remember to lock and unlock each time. Old habits die hard and all that...it just became something I was used to.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious. Thought the boards were for finding out about what other owners knew that I didn't.
I don't think the 1st gens did this... not sure which Xterra you're talking about...

#12729 - 19/02/07 01:13 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

To my knowledge (whether 1st Generation Xterras did this or not) the 2nd Generation Xterras do not have that feature.

#12730 - 19/02/07 01:21 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Forgive me, as I am a total newbie...not sure what you guys mean by 1st and 2nd generation??

#12731 - 19/02/07 01:25 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 03'XE doesn't lock automatically.I need to press the button,but when I shut off the engine it WILL unlock automatically.

#12732 - 19/02/07 01:28 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh,yeah Ufkel, 1st gen. is 2000-2004 2nd gen. is 2005-present [ThumbsUp]

#12733 - 19/02/07 02:12 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an '01 and an 07' and neither of them do this.

#12734 - 20/02/07 05:34 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the generation info smile

#12735 - 20/02/07 03:18 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2002 model and have notice only a few times my doors have locked on their own after getting in and putting into gear. I haven't figured out what I am doing different each time to cause it to work sometimes and not other times. I have only had this X a few months now.

#12736 - 20/02/07 03:39 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine did that until my girlfriend removed the battery from her remote. We tried replacing the battery, but it does the same. Think it's a defective remote. Mine works good, but my remote is newer.

#12737 - 20/02/07 04:07 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 2nd Gen locks when car starts and unlocks when shuting truck off . It can do such said tasks due to the Autopage Alarm that is tied into the power door locks . It can be done.
Waldo/Onix smile

#12738 - 20/02/07 04:32 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an 02 and have to do the same thing! Well atleast until i installed my sub a few days ago. I think all the rattling made it start working again. lol!

#12739 - 20/02/07 05:43 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TripleXXXnasty:
I have an 02 and have to do the same thing! Well atleast until i installed my sub a few days ago. I think all the rattling made it start working again. lol!
better get some duck tape ! laugh

#12740 - 20/02/07 06:36 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think auto locking/unlocking was ever a feature on the Xterra. I think the only way possible to do this on the Xterra is with an after market alarm system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

#12741 - 20/02/07 07:44 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by ryanbt:
I don't think auto locking/unlocking was ever a feature on the Xterra
I do know on the 1st gen if you unlock the doors with the keyfob, and then don't do anything, they re-lock within a few minutes.

how do I know this? At least twice a year someone will start up a thread whining about it [Freak]

#12742 - 20/02/07 09:08 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:

I do know on the 1st gen if you unlock the doors with the keyfob, and then don't do anything, they re-lock within a few minutes.

how do I know this? At least twice a year someone will start up a thread whining about it [Freak]
Mine doesn't do that.

I have a 2001 X and when I unlock the door/or doors with the keyfob .... the only thing they do when I don't do anything is keep the doors open .... but the alarm will go off if the door is opened after maybe two minutes or so of nothing happening.

The doors never lock themselves on their own once they have been unlocked.

#12743 - 22/02/07 11:20 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My first gen Xterra didn't do this either. Is it really important that you lock your doors while driving? In the case of small children, if you have the child safety locks engaged, the rear doors cannot be opened from the inside.

#12744 - 23/02/07 12:44 PM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why yes it is important, as I live in Florida and the doors need to be locked while driving so the crazies won't be able to jack me without some effort : )
P.S. I'm a floridian, I'm allowed to dis on Florida if I want smile

#12745 - 25/02/07 09:44 AM Re: '07-Have to manually lock doors??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:

[b]I do know on the 1st gen if you unlock the doors with the keyfob, and then don't do anything, they re-lock within a few minutes.

Mine doesn't do that.

I have a 2001 X and when I unlock the door/or doors with the keyfob .... the only thing they do when I don't do anything is keep the doors open .... but the alarm will go off if the door is opened after maybe two minutes or so of nothing happening.

The doors never lock themselves on their own once they have been unlocked.[/b]
It is an option that needs to be enabled, just as silencing the horn. Or at least it is in my Frontier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal