2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#583474 - 01/03/07 03:19 PM Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

So... I figured this would be the easiest way to introduce and ask for suggestions.

I got tired of digging my car out of the snow, and when I was back home for X-mas, bought an '06 Xterra OR. Kind of impulsive, but I have been VERY happy with it.
This is my first 4wd, and I would love to get up in the mountains with it; but I am smart enough to know I don't know enough!
So, anyone wanting to show a noob w/ a stock X OR around?

Thanks,

Jason

#583475 - 01/03/07 04:24 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to Boulder!!!

I've been here for the past 3 years and absolutely love it.

Where in the area are you living (since you said Boulder-ish and not actually Boulder)?

Any questions just let me know.

-Garrett

#583476 - 01/03/07 04:50 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#583477 - 01/03/07 05:41 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] [Too much XOC] Welcome!!!

Check the Sig.. wink

#583478 - 02/03/07 06:51 AM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#583479 - 02/03/07 07:41 AM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

You don't live in Ned, do ya? You sound like you live just down the street from me.

Either way, hello.

#583480 - 02/03/07 09:01 AM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

All, thanks for the welcome!

I live in Lafayette, but work in Boulder.

Alpine Spirit,
I check out your site. It looks like you guys have been to some BEAUTIFUL places! I saw one stock OR in your group... that looked like it had to be strapped a few times. You guys may be a bit extreme for me... but then again, I don't have much to gauge it on.

How good are the stock OR skid plates?

I do plan on getting some Shrockworks sliders. Any other "must have" items that are not too intrusive or expensive (let the barrage begin!)?

#583481 - 02/03/07 10:20 AM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome!

Are you a Parrot-head, per chance? You're ID suggests you may be...

Welcome either way!

-Gonzo

#583482 - 02/03/07 11:35 AM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jollyman78:

Alpine Spirit,
I check out your site. It looks like you guys have been to some BEAUTIFUL places! I saw one stock OR in your group... that looked like it had to be strapped a few times. You guys may be a bit extreme for me... but then again, I don't have much to gauge it on.

I do plan on getting some Shrockworks sliders. Any other "must have" items that are not too intrusive or expensive (let the barrage begin!)?
There are always warnings on what trails we do if they are extreme. All levels of trails will be on the schedule later in the year as they thaw out.

The shrockworks sliders are a must in my opinion or the Calmini either will do. The stock skid plates well.... they do not fare well at all. Have a look at them and see how thick they really are.

#583483 - 02/03/07 12:45 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome Jolly!

We're not that extreme, we go to dinner too! laugh

Really though, we have a wide array of vehicles that like to do a ton of different things. You don't have to be a 'break your shit' wheeler to hang with us. We don't harbor any 'do it or you're out!' feelings at all.

You're more than welcome to wheel with any of us, any time, any where. Invite some of your other friends with off road vehicles too. We're good like that!

#583484 - 02/03/07 02:21 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to XOC! [Wave]

#583485 - 02/03/07 03:12 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:
Welcome!

Are you a Parrot-head, per chance? You're ID suggests you may be...

Welcome either way!

-Gonzo
No, but I'm not opposed to them either wink
Believe it or not, my last name is actually Jolly.

#583486 - 02/03/07 03:13 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Quote:
Originally posted by jollyman78:
[b]

Alpine Spirit,

There are always warnings on what trails we do if they are extreme. All levels of trails will be on the schedule later in the year as they thaw out.

The shrockworks sliders are a must in my opinion or the Calmini either will do. The stock skid plates well.... they do not fare well at all. Have a look at them and see how thick they really are.[/b]
I took a look at them this weekend when I was changing my oil - hence the question. Kinda what I was thinking...

#583487 - 02/03/07 03:15 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Et' All,

I will have to keep an eye out for meets and such. I've lived here for about 7 months, but work a lot and haven't had much of a chnage to meet people.

...side note - my other toy is an '03 SV1000S, anyone ride?

#583488 - 02/03/07 10:29 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#583489 - 04/03/07 03:54 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

not to jack the thread but i was thinking of moving to the boulder area...anyone have any advice on actual living locations? where not to look and best places and what not. i not a millionaire..so suggesting that million dollar neighborhood is not good! lol

#583490 - 04/03/07 04:01 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zr8td2k:
not to jack the thread but i was thinking of moving to the boulder area...anyone have any advice on actual living locations? where not to look and best places and what not. i not a millionaire..so suggesting that million dollar neighborhood is not good! lol
From an outsider looking in (Moved here 6 months ago), living in Boulder is WAY too expensive. I live in Lafayette. The rent prices seams to drop $300+ being just 6 miles East.
If you are looking to rent, I did everything over the phone and email before moving out here, and found places on craigslist.com. PM me if you want an outsider's opinion.

...now back to wheelin'!
I read some threads talking about Lefthand Canyon... I've been up the paved road on my SV, but didn't really look for 4x4 trails. Where are they? How extreme are they?

#583491 - 04/03/07 05:59 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Left hand is a Moderate trail. I would pick up the Charles Wells Book on Colorado. It is a GREAT reference for trail information.

Now as for moving to Boulder... yeah it is expensive from what I have seen on MLS systems. I would look around a bit.

#583492 - 04/03/07 06:38 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Screw the People's Republic of Boulder! Women don't shave their legs up there.

Downtown Denver, now that's where it's at. And when it's snowing, the bums make nice little snow angles on your sidewalk for a buck!

Seriously though, Denver metro, suburb or other proximity to the area is a great to place to live.

#583493 - 04/03/07 06:49 PM Re: Noob in the Boulder area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
[QB]Screw the People's Republic of Boulder! Women don't shave their legs up there.[QB]
Dude, walk by CU in the summer/fall [ThumbsUp]

...just stear clear of Naroopa [Smoking]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal