Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36935 - 23/04/07 03:30 PM Having Trouble Finding Trailer Hitch Wiring - Help Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, this may be a dumb question, but I'm the owner of a 2002 X-Terra SE Supercharged. I went out and bought the trailer hitch hook up so that I can rent a U-haul and take some stuff down to Richmond this weekend. The hitch works find, but for the life of me I can't find the wires that the trailer's lights hook up to.

I've been told it's at the passenger rear quarter panel, and I've gotten under it but really can't see any wires that would look like they hook up to the trailer's wires. I see something that could be something that you plug the wires into, but it's firmly attached to the underside so unless the trailer's wires extend and plug into this outlet, I'm not sure anything's there.

I've called 2 dealers and they all tell me that the wiring for the trailer should be there and that I just need to keep looking for it.

Is this true? Does the trailer wiring come with the X-Terras or do you have to seperately purchase them. I've seen them online for something like $18 but don't know if I need to buy them or if I'm just not seeing them.

If somebody could give me very specific directions as to where and what I'm supposed to be looking for I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks,

J.

#36936 - 23/04/07 04:11 PM Re: Having Trouble Finding Trailer Hitch Wiring - Help Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

If you don't see the trailer harness, you have to buy one of those you saw for 18$. They hookup underneat in close to the spare on passenger side. There should be a dust cap on the connector right now.

If you check this post, there's a picture of the location where it plugs in:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000565# 000002

Good luck...

#36937 - 23/04/07 04:55 PM Re: Having Trouble Finding Trailer Hitch Wiring - Help Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's exactly what I was looking at. Now I guess I gotta order the wires. Thank you VERY much.

J.

#36938 - 23/04/07 11:04 PM Re: Having Trouble Finding Trailer Hitch Wiring - Help Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

#36939 - 24/04/07 08:22 AM Re: Having Trouble Finding Trailer Hitch Wiring - Help Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought mine at NAPA, they had it in stock! eek

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal