Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#592448 - 08/05/07 01:39 AM Degree denied?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...

#592449 - 08/05/07 04:11 AM Re: Degree denied?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Complete and utter bullshit of the highest magnitude.

#592450 - 08/05/07 06:48 AM Re: Degree denied?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I agree it's BS. From my corporate experience, a guess would be the university's attorneys are thinking this way:

If the school knows of the pic and gives her the education degree and teaching certificate anyway, and if someday she does something illegal involving a student, some lawyer will find out the school knew of this picture and will name the school as a party to a lawsuit. They'll claim the pic was evidence she was unfit to be a teacher.

Attorneys will get you coming or going. Say your dog bites somebody but you had posted a a "Beware of Dog" sign. They'll say you knew the dog was a threat become otherwise, why the sign? So you don't post a sign. Then they'll say you failed to warn people of the danger from your dog. Sign or no sign, you're hosed.

#592451 - 08/05/07 07:31 AM Re: Degree denied?
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Fair or bullshit?

Discuss.
I prefer the fair to bullshit. Sure, some of the carnies are a little weird, but you have to admit, they're better than bullshit.

What's funny is that sometimes you get both. Like the time I went to the fair and walked around the rodeo fence and stepped in, you guessed it, bullshit.

So, I vote for fair, because I would rather get the fair and bullshit than only get bullshit and no fair at all.

Just my take.

Thanks,
Spanky. [Finger]

#592452 - 08/05/07 01:40 PM Re: Degree denied?
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
So she is 27 now, the photo was from 2005 so she would have been a "drunken pirate" when she was 25. She was clearly of age so where does the underage drinking come into play? Im thinking there must be something more to the story, maybe it was something innapropriate like during a high school party and they have a reason to worry?

I dont think the article gives enough information to call it anything but bullshit for now.
SWXC Member #74

#592453 - 08/05/07 01:58 PM Re: Degree denied?
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
She's ugly and her degree is from Millersville University...face it she wasn't getting a job anyway.

:p

#592454 - 08/05/07 02:12 PM Re: Degree denied?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the question to ask is "Is there a 'character test' that is intrinsic to graduation?" If there is not, then what policy violations has she committed? If this woman has some sort of deep character flaw that should keep her from being around children, then the parameters for measuring the character of a student should be outlined in the school's policies. Where's the accountability? The oversight? What is to stop the director from saying "Sorry, Ms. So-and-so can't be a teacher, she gives a toothy blow job. I was like 'Bitch you tryin' to carve a tiki down there or what?' No credential for you, ya buck-toof beeyotch! Somebody gimme a vicodin, I'm hurtin'."

See what I mean?

#592455 - 08/05/07 02:56 PM Re: Degree denied?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:

Discuss.
Whenever somebody puts this in a thread-starter, I think two things.

First, do you think we're too stupid to figure out what to do after we read your post? :rolleyes:

And second...

#592456 - 08/05/07 08:42 PM Re: Degree denied?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
First, do you think we're too stupid to figure out what to do after we read your post? :rolleyes:

Yep.

#592457 - 08/05/07 08:44 PM Re: Degree denied?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're 27 and you have a MySpace page, then you should probably still be in high school (as a student).

#592458 - 08/05/07 09:10 PM Re: Degree denied?
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:
If you're 27 and you have a MySpace page, then you should probably still be in high school (as a student).
Whats your reasoning for that. I am 27. I have a myspace page. You know what I use it for. To stay connected with old friends from my home town.

#592459 - 09/05/07 02:01 AM Re: Degree denied?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
There are several people on here over 27 that have a MySpace page.

Hell, I'm 31 and I do.

#592460 - 09/05/07 05:56 AM Re: Degree denied?
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]If you're 27 and you have a MySpace page, then you should probably still be in high school (as a student).
There are several people on here over 27 that have a MySpace page.

Hell, I'm 31 and I do.[/b]
[Rainbow] + [Rainbow] = [Rainbow]

#592461 - 09/05/07 06:05 AM Re: Degree denied?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
It sucks for sure. But it is also a lesson that you should be careful about what kind of pictures you post on the internet through myspace or any other type of website. I have seen numerous myspace pages where I was sure, (and AM sure) that some of the pics they post WILL come back and bite them in the proverbial a$$ down the road. This woman has learned a hard lesson, but she should not have been denied her degree.

I know another guy who was dumb enough to post a picture of himself passed out drunk in a bathroom stall. He was fired soon after. For those of you who think that is unfair, the guy worked as a social worker for an organization who handles drug and alcohol counceling. How is that for stupid?

And by the way, I am 37 and have a myspace page. Its for my music and as a link to my band.

#592462 - 09/05/07 07:15 AM Re: Degree denied?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't see that the pic really deserved the treatment she got, she'll win the case and get her degree and move on. Even if she posed for adult shots, I don't see how a University can deny a degree if she's done all the work and hit her grades etc.

#592463 - 09/05/07 10:49 AM Re: Degree denied?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
[Rainbow] + [Rainbow] = [Rainbow]
Glad to know you and your lover are getting along great. [ThumbsUp]

#592464 - 09/05/07 11:35 AM Re: Degree denied?
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
[b] [Rainbow] + [Rainbow] = [Rainbow]
Glad to know you and your lover are getting along great. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Smith would like to reply, but he can't. His mouth is full.
[Finger]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal