2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19756 - 20/05/07 09:40 AM Bummed up my X
NeoXer Offline

Loc: Dacula, Georgia
A few weeks ago, I was driving to work (10:30 pm) in the rain when I made a right turn and lost all control. I began spinning in every direction finally ending up facing 180 degrees from my direction of travel and up against a street sign. The left rear tire took the brunt of the force rendering the new $160 tire and rim totally mutilated. The cops changed by tire and I drove back home but noticed the front end had also moved to the right due hitting the sign. Suprisingly, it cost insurance less than $2000 Now I haven't had an accident in 25 years, but laugh 2 weeks later, after taking my mom to Dr. appt., I backed into a black honda! As I was looking for a paper to leave my name and address, the guy showed up. I immediately jumped out and admitted I had hit his car (the square bumper hitch on my X left a definate square mark on his bupmer) but the man was was so kind, he said that the mark was already there and not to worry about it. He said it was refreshing for someone these days to admit their fault and actualy put his arm around me. The guy had to have been an angel sent from God to comfort me otherwise, I'd be in the Nut Hut was weaving baskets!!!!! Thank you , kind stranger!!! Sandi

#19757 - 22/05/07 05:50 PM Re: Bummed up my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome story!!!!! You get back what you give out, I believe!!!
Sorry about your jacked up tire and all....
Praise God it wasn't worse!!!

#19758 - 23/05/07 06:08 PM Re: Bummed up my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let's back up a little, to the first accident.
The police changed your tire for you and off you went.
police around my parts would have called a wrecker and have the truck towed and charged 200.
Well good for you, maybe i should move to your neck of the woods.

#19759 - 24/05/07 08:06 AM Re: Bummed up my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

She must be hawt. post up some pics. you and your beat up ride.

#19760 - 25/05/07 08:23 AM Re: Bummed up my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last year trying to get to my sister’s senior graduation I did the same thing as your first crash. It hadn’t rained in a good month or 2 and I turned left at a large intersection. Started spinning and my back right tire took the impact of the curb. I actually broke the bead on the tire so it was practically off the rim. [Too much XOC] I was facing the wrong way in traffic and It was poring down rain. Cops showed up and when he asked 4 my license I handed him my license, my Eagle Scout Card, and my Order of the Arrow members card, he said that he would have written me up for reckless driving but I was an Eagle scout and an OA member so I was an “outstanding member society” laugh . so in the end I had to get out and change my own tire in the rain in my perfectly clean seer sucker suit and bow tie. mad don’t see that every day.

Moral of the story.. Become a boy scout and stock tires are shit in the rain.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal