Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20340 - 09/10/07 07:35 PM Xterra + snow/ice = ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok i am 16, the X is my 1st car. How bad is a 2wd on snow and ice? I am from Oklahoma so i know that we will get one or the other. I have driven on ice with a camery. Is the X bad for the winter months? Thanks

#20341 - 09/10/07 07:49 PM Re: Xterra + snow/ice = ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go slow and add 100 pounds of sand or a little more in the back and you should be ok. A good set of tires makes a world of differnce. If you want to drive at normal speeds buy good insurance coverage with a very low deductable. AAA will also come in handy to get you out of the ditch.

#20342 - 09/10/07 08:08 PM Re: Xterra + snow/ice = ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in ba, was in the pride back in 97-98. I had a rwd truck back then, had the ass end come around many times on the ice, of course gunning it helps that. just ease off the gas when going around corners and obviously go slow.

#20343 - 10/10/07 12:42 PM Re: Xterra + snow/ice = ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a RWD truck in high school as well and I lived in snowy Washington. Just remember to always error on the safe side and slow down rather than being cool. It's way cooler to get where you are going with your buddies than having your dad come tow you out of a ditch.

The difference between the X and the Camry is obviously the rear vs. front drive. The front pulls and will stop pulling when there is no traction. The X on the other hand pushes from behind. Because of this, the X will have a tendancy to push the back around to the front. You have to be much more careful with RWD in slippery conditions to avoid spinning.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal