2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#614224 - 25/01/07 04:33 AM Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX

#614225 - 25/01/07 05:45 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless I missed something, sounded like he defended himself in court?

#614226 - 25/01/07 05:46 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
This crap has been happening a lot lately... it's retarded.

#614227 - 25/01/07 05:57 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
What promising future?? He was a druggie, an average football player with average grades (sorry but a 3.2 in high school ain't nuthin special) who hung around other losers, had little to no parental supervision and got caught with his hand (or in this case dick) in the cookie jar...Yes the law may be antiquated but I have zero sympathy and don't feel as if society was "robbed" of anything by putting him in jail....

#614228 - 25/01/07 06:17 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
He doesn't sound like anything special to me either. It also sounds like he could get out of jail if he talked to the DA, but I think he's too proud/stupid to do that.

The story never mentions whether the girls were white or black. That's an important fact to leave out when the kid is from that part of the country.

It is a pretty stupid law though.

#614229 - 25/01/07 06:26 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please.

This story shows a complete injustice.

Yeah, so the guy "partied" when he was in high school. A helluva' lot of people did, so freaking what.

He was 17, the girl was 15. I don't see any reason for such a harsh sentence when you compare the ages, compare what they did, etc.

The guy got a very bad deal, and to be honest, I have a feeling the girl is white, which makes it even more shameful. I'm a white male, but for the love of god, if the girl's a hoe, she's a hoe, regardless of race... The article says (and also says she admits to it) that she blew one guy, then rolled over and started blowing another one. No sex. Just BJ. 100% consentual, and instigated by her, NOT him. Video evidence confirms.

So why in hell does he get convicted of anything??

Because the little girl woke up the next morning, realized what she'd done, and lied to her parents that she was, "raped." What a fucking crock.

(sorry, but things like this piss me off. I was an athlete in high school, and yeah, things like this party happen, albeit, never to me; guess I wasn't lucky enough. But to see someone get a 10 year sentence because some underage girl came over and gave him a blow job?? Good god if that were the "norm," there'd be thousands of high school jocks going to prison every freaking day..)

#614230 - 25/01/07 06:30 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Please.

This story shows a complete injustice.

Yeah, so the guy "partied" when he was in high school. A helluva' lot of people did, so freaking what.

He was 17, the girl was 15. I don't see any reason for such a harsh sentence when you compare the ages, compare what they did, etc.

The guy got a very bad deal, and to be honest, I have a feeling the girl is white, which makes it even more shameful. I'm a white male, but for the love of god, if the girl's a hoe, she's a hoe, regardless of race... The article says (and also says she admits to it) that she blew one guy, then rolled over and started blowing another one. No sex. Just BJ. 100% consentual, and instigated by her, NOT him. Video evidence confirms.

So why in hell does he get convicted of anything??

Because the little girl woke up the next morning, realized what she'd done, and lied to her parents that she was, "raped." What a fucking crock.

(sorry, but things like this piss me off. I was an athlete in high school, and yeah, things like this party happen, albeit, never to me; guess I wasn't lucky enough. But to see someone get a 10 year sentence because some underage girl came over and gave him a blow job?? Good god if that were the "norm," there'd be thousands of high school jocks going to prison every freaking day..)
Sorry but the law is the law...if you want to reduce the age of consent then by all means go ahead...but it is what it is...no one is arguing against the actual facts of the case just that the law is "unfair" or "wrong"...Yeah, well...I feel that the drinking age of 21 is unfair and wrong...but does that allow me to get out of jail if I buy some underage kid some beer?? Nope...Sorry boys but its pretty clear cut to me...course I dont believe in being politically correct like ESPN and this "journalist" does...

#614231 - 25/01/07 06:59 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

And another thing...I don't know how I feel about putting my dinky in the same mouth that my buddy's dinky just came out of.

No pun intended.

#614232 - 25/01/07 07:12 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are damn few 17 year old high school males who wouldn't have done exactly the same thing under the circumstances. I'm with porsche on this one.

#614233 - 25/01/07 07:12 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
And another thing...I don't know how I feel about putting my dinky in the same mouth that my buddy's dinky just came out of.

No pun intended.
You're sooooo old fashioned....don't you know?!? thats the hip thing with the kids today!!

#614234 - 25/01/07 07:17 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
There are damn few 17 year old high school males who wouldn't have done exactly the same thing under the circumstances. I'm with porsche on this one.
Wouldn't necessarily argue that (though I do have an issue with being within arms reach of a buddy of mines unclothed penis...something about that makes me shudder...) but that isn't the point...the point is that he broke a law and now he's in jail...and we're supposed to boo-hoo over it cause he was some poor drug using wanna be athlete go nowhere loser?? He wasn't set up, he wasn't framed, he isn't in jail for something he didn't do, he wasn't going to cure cancer, hell, I have doubts that he would ever have been a productive member of society...Too F'ing bad...I'm not going to cry about it other than the fact that tax payer money has to go to feed and house this loser...

#614235 - 25/01/07 07:45 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
There's no debate that he broke the law... the problem is the law itself... how can it be justice when you get a misdemeanor for having intercourse, but a felony for getting some head? this law is as much of a piece of crock as the law punishing crack addicts heavier than cocaine users...

#614236 - 25/01/07 07:56 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
There's no debate that he broke the law... the problem is the law itself... how can it be justice when you get a misdemeanor for having intercourse, but a felony for getting some head? this law is as much of a piece of crock as the law punishing crack addicts heavier than cocaine users...
Exactly.

I can't believe anybody would actually try to enforce that kind of law in this day and age. I betcha the girl was white.

#614237 - 25/01/07 08:07 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
great pyr-hauler Offline

I'm guessing she wasn't white or they would have been playing the race card BIG time.

#614238 - 25/01/07 08:12 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
I'm guessing she wasn't white or they would have been playing the race card BIG time.
Maybe Chinese? laugh

Whatever she was, I still can't believe they prosecuted this kid and got him 10 years in the clink.

#614239 - 25/01/07 08:13 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe his lawyer should have used the defense that he screwed her after she sucked his dick. If it was my 15 year old daughter I'd say throw away the key - but in this case it does seem a little pathetic.

Yet the US has the most archaic drinking and consent laws in the world. How pathetic is it that you can get married and join the army at 18, have kids etc. Legally with your 18 year old wife. But not have a beer? lol.

#614240 - 25/01/07 08:36 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

He didn't defend himself in court, something about his current lawyer is a different lawyer than his trial lawyer.

As for the thought that all he has to do is talk to the DA? The prosecutor contradicted himself by saying it's all in my power and then saying that it's up to the boy to come talk to me.

I get that he broke the law, and yes he should be prosecuted under that law. The fact that HIS trial prompted legislators to CHANGE that law should indicate something...as for why they didn't make it retroactive...perhaps they're retarded.

#614241 - 25/01/07 08:36 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

My beef is that not only is the law flawed, but that it wasn't evenly applied. To those that, "Took their medicine," they're off virtually scott free.

Not to mention the same application of the law for a White Female Teacher having sex w/ a student received less than 1 year sentence... If the law is there to protect children, then the prosecuters are doing one helluva' a poor job enforcing & prosecuting the law.

Now if the teacher had gotten more than 10 years prison sentence, and the prosecuters were treating crimes equally under the law, then there wouldn't be too much to complain about. But the fact is, they aren't. And that's complete and utter bullshit.

#614242 - 25/01/07 09:33 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Yeah, well...I feel that the drinking age of 21 is unfair and wrong...but does that allow me to get out of jail if I buy some underage kid some beer??
Come back when you get ten years for it.

Better yet, use a more correct comparison - if you are under 21 and buy beer *yourself*.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#614243 - 25/01/07 09:44 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
...He was a druggie, an average football player with average grades (sorry but a 3.2 in high school ain't nuthin special) who hung around other losers....
A druggie? So the guy smoked a few joints and now he's a "druggie" and a "loser" ? [LOL] Get real. It's not like he was a cokehead or slinging crack or something.

#614244 - 25/01/07 10:05 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
great pyr-hauler Offline

My definition of a druggie would be someone who does illegal drugs. Your definition maybe different.

#614245 - 25/01/07 10:32 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
My definition of a druggie would be someone who does illegal drugs. Your definition maybe different.
So almost every college kid in America is a "druggie"?

#614246 - 25/01/07 10:39 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
great pyr-hauler Offline

I went to college and never did illegal drugs.

Yes, if I see a person doing illegal drugs, then they would be considered a "druggie" to me. But what does it matter? You may label me as "uptight" or a "nerd", it's just a label.

I realize I'm a little more conservative then most.

#614247 - 25/01/07 11:00 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
But what does it matter? ...it's just a label.
Feel free to label this guy whatever you want, but the facts are, a 3.2 GPA and being an average athelete is basically par for the course when it comes to high school. Plenty of them drink, smoke pot, have sex, etc, which is why it seems a little extreme that this guy is now doing hard time for messing around with the village slut.

#614248 - 25/01/07 11:08 AM Re: Outrageous Injustice - ESPN story on Genarlow Wilson
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
[b] But what does it matter? ...it's just a label.
Feel free to label this guy whatever you want, but the facts are, a 3.2 GPA and being an average athelete is basically par for the course when it comes to high school. Plenty of them drink, smoke pot, have sex, etc, which is why it seems a little extreme that this guy is now doing hard time for messing around with the village slut.[/b]
Was it against the law or not?? It was...was the judge outside of the sentencing rules?? No, he was not...Was the sentence harsh?? Yes it was...Should we cry over it or put the story on the front page of ESPN as some sort of big deal?? No we should not...and its not a race thing...its a law thing...We had a bunch of boys up here in MA getting booted out of school and brought up on rape charges for having oral sex with an underage girl--even though she told the police she was a willing participant and brought up the idea herself--because she is under the age of consent and is not considered able to make those decisions for herself while the boys WERE of age of consent and should have known better...Too F'ing bad...rot in jail you loser...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal