2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#612711 - 01/12/03 10:26 AM X Box game question.
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
For those that have it, which would you get, Halo 2 or Rainbow Six 3? How is Counter Stike?

#612712 - 01/12/03 10:41 AM Re: X Box game question.
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
If you are looking at buying a game now, I would get Rainbow Six 3 seeing as how Halo 2 won't be released until 1st quarter next year.

#612713 - 01/12/03 10:45 AM Re: X Box game question.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Counterstrike sucks. It's a very lame port of (in my opinion) a lame PC twitch fest for 10 year olds.

Rainbow Six 3 is the best time I've had on Xbox Live all year.

You do have Live, correct ?

#612714 - 01/12/03 10:54 AM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Counterstrike sucks. It's a very lame port of (in my opinion) a lame PC twitch fest for 10 year olds.
Average Counterstrike match...

[HASDA]**KILLA***: chg map 2 dust plz
Everyone else: THIS IS DUST FAG
[HASDA]**KILLA***: shut up and chg map fag noobz
Everyone else: awp whore

#612715 - 01/12/03 11:16 AM Re: X Box game question.
XOC Offline
Admin

laugh

#612716 - 01/12/03 11:39 AM Re: X Box game question.
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
You do have Live, correct ?
I will. This is a Christmas gift for my son who is into PC gaming bigtime. We have PS2 right now.

#612717 - 01/12/03 12:03 PM Re: X Box game question.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just my $.02...
I think Counter Strike is the greatest game I've ever played. Definately can be stupid when playing w/ a bunch of idiot little kids but when you find a few servers that are good, you'll play for hours and never get enough. I've been playing it for a few years now and I still love it. Like I said, just my opinion. [ThumbsUp]

P.S. I play on PC, not sure about XBox quality.

#612718 - 01/12/03 12:16 PM Re: X Box game question.
XOC Offline
Admin

The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

Maybe I'm showing my age too, I just don't get excited about games like Counter-Strike, Quake and Unreal which involve nothing more than jumping around dodging bullets. CS adds a bit of realism with one hit kills, but the speed at which it plays is a turn-off for me. I prefer stealthy tactical games like RS3.

#612719 - 01/12/03 12:58 PM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioXterra:
Just my $.02...
I think Counter Strike is the greatest game I've ever played. Definately can be stupid when playing w/ a bunch of idiot little kids but when you find a few servers that are good, you'll play for hours and never get enough. I've been playing it for a few years now and I still love it. Like I said, just my opinion. [ThumbsUp]

P.S. I play on PC, not sure about XBox quality.
I played CS during the late beta/1.0 era... and it was fun back then. Then, as with all online games, clans took them all over and most servers with decent pings turned into avatar chatrooms "HEY YOU SHOT ME, I'M BOOTING U FROM SERVER WE'RE TALKING HERE" ... I despise gaming clans and view them as the most wretched, vile scum of the online gaming world.

I try to play online games, still, but I just can't enjoy them anymore. Too many mainstream players have gotten involved that either don't know what they're doing at all, even after 6-7 months of play, or the 'good' players accuse anyone who does better than them of cheating. And then you have the 12-16 year olds, who, when they find out you're older than 17, call you "old" and say that your reflexes can't be as good as theirs, even though you're outscoring them legitimately. The whining and bitching is just too much to enjoy anymore. I only play LAN games or online games with fairly tight-knit groups of players (yet aren't a 'clan'), and even then, that's not too often.

#612720 - 01/12/03 01:07 PM Re: X Box game question.
Bobby_X Offline

Hey guys

I recently bought Battlefield 1942 at the suggestion of a friend. It's a shoot-em-up like CounterStrike, Quake, etc, except that it's based in, well 1942. In the game, you have the old guns, old jeeps, planes, etc. You can get in jeeps, haul ass to an airplane, fly the plane, bomb islands. You can drive the aircraft carriers, tanks, everything.

I tried to play online, but, similar to yalls' experineces, I was turned off by all the little kids ruinign the game. The game wasn't fun at all.

However, I have a LAN here, and my and my friend played Co-Op for over 12 hours yesterday. We set there to be 64 players total. It was two of us, and 62 bots. Theere were some bots on our team, but we set it so we were outnumbered in a 3:1 ratio.

That was a blast. I'm hooked now. It's fun if yuo play these games with friends.

#612721 - 01/12/03 01:08 PM Re: X Box game question.
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
For me Halo 2 is going to be exciting.
I just finished Return to Castle Wofenstien (it was ok, worth the 29 bucks at circuit city)
Rainbow Six I hear great things about it

#612722 - 01/12/03 01:37 PM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

If you like a combo of stealth/action, then I'd highly recommend XIII. It's a cel-shaded FPS using the Unreal engine, and is heavy on the stealth (very much like "Goldeneye" on the N64, only not as awful) element, but still had a fair amount of action. Hell, it's the first stealth-based FPS that's actually more enjoyable to play stealthy I've played in a long time.

As for BF1942 -- hell yeah, that game is pure gold on a LAN. Our company's ISP holds a monthly LAN game that I usually play in, and this month is BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod - http://www.desertcombat.com . DC is a BLAST, and really, really well done.

#612723 - 01/12/03 02:20 PM Re: X Box game question.
Happy Birthday hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
I've heard that Halo 2 will be out in April of next year but who knows if that will change again.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#612724 - 01/12/03 03:09 PM Re: X Box game question.
Bobby_X Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
If you like a combo of stealth/action, then I'd highly recommend XIII. It's a cel-shaded FPS using the Unreal engine, and is heavy on the stealth (very much like "Goldeneye" on the N64, only not as awful) element, but still had a fair amount of action. Hell, it's the first stealth-based FPS that's actually more enjoyable to play stealthy I've played in a long time.

As for BF1942 -- hell yeah, that game is pure gold on a LAN. Our company's ISP holds a monthly LAN game that I usually play in, and this month is BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod - http://www.desertcombat.com . DC is a BLAST, and really, really well done.
Hey man! What system is XIII for?

And thank you for the link to the DC mod. I had heard of it, but never knew what it was. I am going to DL it right now! Thanks again!

Bobby

#612725 - 01/12/03 03:16 PM Re: X Box game question.
XOC Offline
Admin

XIII is available for PC, PS2 Gamecube and Xbox. I tried the demo on PC and Xbox and was not impressed.

Neither were any of the review sites, it's getting pretty bad reviews.

#612726 - 01/12/03 07:41 PM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

XIII is HIGH in the cheese factor, but it IS a fun game.... once you get into some of the later levels. The ending filled me with a terrible rage, though, and wound up making me play Call of Duty to gain some sense of fulfillment. But there ARE some good levels. It's worth a rent, but definitely not purchaseworthy (until it hits the $20 bargain bin).

It's REALLY short (only took me about 5 hours to beat on normal), but there are parts where it really shines. I LOVE the art style, so I guess that may be part of why I stuck it out.

#612727 - 01/12/03 08:06 PM Re: X Box game question.
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
XIII is HIGH in the cheese factor, but it IS a fun game.... once you get into some of the later levels. The ending filled me with a terrible rage, though, and wound up making me play Call of Duty to gain some sense of fulfillment. But there ARE some good levels. It's worth a rent, but definitely not purchaseworthy (until it hits the $20 bargain bin).

It's REALLY short (only took me about 5 hours to beat on normal), but there are parts where it really shines. I LOVE the art style, so I guess that may be part of why I stuck it out.
TremorX,

Question regarding the PC Version of the game. Did you have any problems with your mouse sensitivity going haywire on you? I would set my sensitivity on 3 and 5 minutes into the game it would switch back to 1. Very annoying.

Thanks.

#612728 - 01/12/03 08:07 PM Re: X Box game question.
MaloCS Offline

I vote for Call of Duty. I believe it's not a console game but it kicks ass on the PC. [ThumbsUp]

#612729 - 01/12/03 10:59 PM Re: X Box game question.
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

Maybe I'm showing my age too, I just don't get excited about games like Counter-Strike, Quake and Unreal which involve nothing more than jumping around dodging bullets. CS adds a bit of realism with one hit kills, but the speed at which it plays is a turn-off for me. I prefer stealthy tactical games like RS3.
I agree to an extent. I've been absolutely hamming it up with SOCOM II online trying to play as often as possible before the GS assholes get their codebreak and start wrecking shit all over the place.

I'm eager to try the newest Splinter Cell too. Malo, I do believe COD is on the console platform now as well(or will be soon). I think it's called "Finest Hour" or something like that.

#612730 - 01/12/03 11:18 PM Re: X Box game question.
n2fireresq Offline

Loc: Missouri
Anyone heard anything about SWAT for Xbox?

#612731 - 02/12/03 12:18 AM Re: X Box game question.
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by n2fireresq:
Anyone heard anything about SWAT for Xbox?
SWAT Reviews...

#612732 - 02/12/03 10:50 AM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
Quote:
[b]The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

I agree to an extent. I've been absolutely hamming it up with SOCOM II online trying to play as often as possible before the GS assholes get their codebreak and start wrecking shit all over the place.

I'm eager to try the newest Splinter Cell too. Malo, I do believe COD is on the console platform now as well(or will be soon). I think it's called "Finest Hour" or something like that.[/b]
Call of Duty is PC-only, and likely to stay that way. "Finest Hour" is another Medal of Honor game (milk that franchise, EA! MILK IT GOOD!).

#612733 - 03/12/03 12:20 AM Re: X Box game question.
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Um, no, it\'s not.

I will be keeping an eye for it. Hopefully this along with SOCOM II will give me my military fix till Snake Eater.

#612734 - 03/12/03 10:14 AM Re: X Box game question.
TremorX Offline

Good call. RUMP MY HUMP, that'll teach me to research first!

#612735 - 03/12/03 11:33 AM Re: X Box game question.
The X Factor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Anyone play Need For Speed Underground ? Just wanting to know if its worth the $50. Still waiting on GT4 and need something to tide me over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal