Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#621787 - 07/11/07 08:21 PM WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Huh?

WASHINGTON -- Dealing a blow to an already sluggish toy selling season, the popular toy Aqua Dots has been recalled.

Millions of the toys have been pulled from shelves in North America and Australia because scientists found the toy beads contain a chemical that converts into a powerful "date rape" drug when ingested. While the toy is known as Aqua Dots in North America, in Australia they're called Bindeez.

Scientists said a chemical coating on the beads, when ingested, metabolizes into the so-called date rape drug GHB. When eaten, the compound can induce unconsciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma and death.

Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia had to be hospitalized.

The two U.S. children who swallowed Aqua Dot beads went into nonresponsive comas, a spokesman with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday. A 20-month-old has recovered completely while the other child, whose age was not known, has been released from a hospital after five days and is recovering, he said.

The beads are sold in general merchandise stores and over the Internet for use in arts and crafts projects.

The item, which had been heavily advertised, had appeared on many toy experts' list of must-have holiday toys, and toy sellers are now in the midst of canceling advertising and scrambling to figure out how to replace it.

In a statement, Toys "R" Us Inc., said that it issued on Tuesday a "stop sale" on the entire Spin Master Aqua Dots product line in its North American stores and on its Web site after it learned of the news.

"We understand that Spin Master and U.S. regulatory authorities are investigating this product and we have asked Spin Master to fully explain what it believes happened," said the toy seller in a statement.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission said consumers should immediately take the recalled toy away from children and contact Spin Master for free replacement beads or a toy of equal value

#621788 - 07/11/07 08:38 PM Re: WTF?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
And this is shocking how?

Low priced Chinese/Walmart crap has to have some drawbacks. I am suprised that more stuff like this has not happened.

#621789 - 07/11/07 08:39 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

WTF is right. My daughter had wanted those for x-mas, and then I just read about that on cnn a few hours ago.
A little disturbing. Guess that's off the list.
Guess I better start shopping for that pony.

#621790 - 07/11/07 08:40 PM Re: WTF?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
WTF is right. My daughter had wanted those for x-mas, and then I just read about that cnn a few hours ago.
Just don't get her the pony that sweats heroin.

Fuckin' Chinese . . . clever, I'll give 'em that.

#621791 - 07/11/07 08:43 PM Re: WTF?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
how many of you pedos are on ebay right now trying to stock up? [Laughing]

#621792 - 07/11/07 08:43 PM Re: WTF?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]WTF is right. My daughter had wanted those for x-mas, and then I just read about that cnn a few hours ago.
Just don't get her the pony that sweats heroin.

Fuckin' Chinese . . . clever, I'll give 'em that.[/b]
Your Ugly but fucking funny...i gotta give yer that
[LOL] [Spit]

#621793 - 08/11/07 03:56 AM Re: WTF?
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
WTF is right. My daughter had wanted those for x-mas, and then I just read about that on cnn a few hours ago.
Walmarts got a 3 foot tall horse that interacts with you. Check it out, cute but a little disturbing.

#621794 - 08/11/07 06:13 AM Re: WTF?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
We buy absolutely nothing from walmart.......Don't trust em anymore.

#621795 - 08/11/07 06:18 AM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Quote:
[b]WTF is right. My daughter had wanted those for x-mas, and then I just read about that on cnn a few hours ago.
Walmarts got a 3 foot tall horse that interacts with you. Check it out, cute but a little disturbing.[/b]
So that's what it does! I heard a couple of Wal-Mart associates the other day bitching about the pricetag of that pony.

On a related note... does anyone remember their "must have" toy for Christmas as a kid? I remember nagging my mom for a Nintendo in 1987. Man was that a sweet year for me! laugh

#621796 - 08/11/07 12:11 PM Re: WTF?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Everything you buy at walmart pretty much hastens the day when China is THE Superpower. China OWNS the businesses...so your dollars go to the Chinese Government for the most part (There are some un-gov oned businesses, but, the top ten business in the WORLD, IIRC, are ownd BY China.

They own TRILLIONS of our dollars too, as reserves...all it takes to devalue the dollar is for them to pull that old gag where some middle management official mentions that China might sell its dollars and use Euros (or whatever...) instead...

...and the hordes of nervous investors start dumping dollars, selling them as fast as they can...which drives the price down....so that China can scoop up MORE dollars at a deeper discount...

....and then say the junior officail was not representing state policy, and that they are NOT changing from dollars to euros...

So, the investors start buying BACK dollars, driving the price back up...making the Chinese a nice little profit.

Tell your kids to take Chinese as their second language....get them ready.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#621797 - 08/11/07 12:25 PM Re: WTF?
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Everything you buy at walmart pretty much hastens the day when China is THE Superpower.

laugh
I agree.....except I am not smiling.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#621798 - 08/11/07 12:26 PM Re: WTF?
TJ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]Everything you buy at walmart pretty much hastens the day when China is THE Superpower.

laugh
I agree.....except I am not smiling.[/b]
That smiley was the closest I could get to an oriental looking face.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#621799 - 08/11/07 12:28 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
how many of you pedos are on ebay right now trying to stock up? [Laughing]
Fuckin'a aye, Glenn, do you have to put me on the spot in front of everyone? [Finger]

laugh

#621800 - 08/11/07 12:40 PM Re: WTF?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
I don't want to throw water on a Walmart bashing, but the store mentioned in the article was Toys "R" Us.

The reality is that Walmart isn't the only store that sells junk from China. Every single large retail store in this country sells junk from China.

Even products that are manufactured here in the US are more often than not these days made with raw materials that came from China.

In the news a couple of weeks ago there was something about tainted raw chemicals from China. Those chemicals are used to make medicine and pills here in this country.

It's not going to get better. It's only going to get worse.

#621801 - 08/11/07 12:43 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well crap - my daughter has been playing with that shit for months. I guess not anymore. Good job she is also the fussiest eater on earth and doesn't eat her toys.

#621802 - 08/11/07 12:54 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whatever happened to responsible parenting and "don't put it in your mouth"?

#621803 - 08/11/07 12:55 PM Re: WTF?
TJ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I don't want to throw water on a Walmart bashing, but the store mentioned in the article was Toys "R" Us.

The reality is that Walmart isn't the only store that sells junk from China. Every single large retail store in this country sells junk from China.

Yeah, that was the point...the one store mentioned is not the only one that SELLS the product, just one of the ones.....it was just an example.

It was irrelevent WHICH store that the problem was first noticed was, we were bashing Chinese goods, and the economic impact, not Walmart per se....Walmart just acts as a stand in when we need to bash a company that buys Chinese stuff.

laugh

#621804 - 08/11/07 01:59 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by k1w1t1m:
Whatever happened to responsible parenting and "don't put it in your mouth"?
Exactly - My kid never has chewed her toys. But try stopping a 1 year old from putting crap in its mouth - not easy.

#621805 - 08/11/07 02:34 PM Re: WTF?
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Even products that are manufactured here in the US are more often than not these days made with raw materials that came from China.

In the news a couple of weeks ago there was something about tainted raw chemicals from China. Those chemicals are used to make medicine and pills here in this country.

It's not going to get better. It's only going to get worse.
Everyplace sells junk made from China. I was in a new Tractor Supply that opened up in NJ a few weeks ago. They sell little John Deer tractor type toys also. I looked that the bottom of the toy - "made in china". I put it back on the shelf.

I only buy auto supplies from Walmart. Maybe, TP and paper towels on occasion.

Stone

#621806 - 08/11/07 04:26 PM Re: WTF?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buy most of my groceries at my local Super Walmart. Why? Because they are a crap load cheaper than at any other store.

If I can save $20 a week on groceries at Walmart, I'll do it. Fuck the politics and the way they treat their employees - I don't give a damn. If I can save money, I shop there smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal