2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26102 - 23/11/07 10:26 AM CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi well we picked up a CB today and now we are wondering what antenna we should use and where we should place it. So if you guys could give some pics of where you guys put your antennas. Thanks, Dylan.

#26103 - 23/11/07 10:30 AM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dylan..I just mounted mine and I was curious about the antenna too. Do a search in the communications forum and ALL of your questions will be answered.. [Wave]

#26104 - 23/11/07 12:03 PM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
ALL of your questions will be answered.. [Wave]
Ditto

one thread that may help

#26105 - 24/11/07 08:15 AM Re: CB antennas
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I grabbed a Lil' Wil.
Magnetic mount up top right behind the basket. Coax right down inside the rear door and under the seat. Quick and painless plus a quality antenna.

#26106 - 25/11/07 09:28 PM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a Wilson 5000 (with 5 foot whip) mounted on the center of the roof.

#26107 - 27/11/07 01:25 PM Re: CB antennas
Canope Offline

Gotta add...Don't buy one from just any store and stick it up there. It will need to be tuned first for best results. You can spend good cash and still suck.

#26108 - 27/11/07 08:51 PM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agreed. I had my CB and antenna installed by a professional CB shop - not some fly by night operation. Making sure your setup is tuned does make a huge difference both in reception and in transmission.

#26109 - 28/11/07 04:59 PM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go with a mounted antenna, not the magnet type. Low branches will take out magnet antennas. I have a firestik mounted to my rear tire carrier and has faired well with trees on the trail. Magnet type are also easier to steal, has happened to me before. I agree with AZ-Ted, a professional install is the best way to go to get the best out of the antenna's range, dependent upon placement of the antenna.

Linky

#26110 - 29/11/07 07:47 AM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto on the search in the Communication forum, I've posted numerous tips and tricks and had long discussions on how to get the most out of a CB.

You could mount one of these, they make a great antenna:

http://tarheelantennas.com/model_100a_hp

(It's a bit overkill for CB, being that you'll never move it again after tuning it)

#26111 - 30/11/07 01:30 PM Re: CB antennas
Canope Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
Ditto on the search in the Communication forum, I've posted numerous tips and tricks and had long discussions on how to get the most out of a CB.

You could mount one of these, they make a great antenna:

http://tarheelantennas.com/model_100a_hp

Would a ham antenna work on a cb?

(It's a bit overkill for CB, being that you'll never move it again after tuning it)

#26112 - 02/12/07 09:02 AM Re: CB antennas
Anonymous
Unregistered

That particular antenna will tune to the CB bands, but you'll loose more than you gain due to ground effect. Matching coils are rough on a single band radio at 4 watts....

I recommend this antenna for CB use:
http://hamstick.com/9010.htm
CB is 11 meter wink

Mike is a good guy, makes excellent antennae.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal