Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#588781 - 03/12/07 08:45 PM A young Conservative makes a point
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX

#588782 - 03/12/07 08:49 PM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
:rolleyes:

#588783 - 03/12/07 09:04 PM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
And says Fuck you ACLU

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/photos/12/120407aclu_nativity_slideshow.html
[LOL] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#588784 - 04/12/07 03:28 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Yet another idiot who doesn't have a clue about the ACLU.

Not surprising.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#588785 - 04/12/07 04:45 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
That's funny.

laugh

In a way its not meant to be.

Its like saying the Conservative Manger should have all gay people, because a Conservative was arrested in a public men's room, etc.

[Freak]

Its a little scary what some people think is "main stream".

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#588786 - 04/12/07 05:46 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Yet another idiot who doesn't have a clue about the ACLU.

Not surprising.
Seems all I hear about is the stupidity of the ACLU. Can you enlighten me on what good works they have performed of late?

#588787 - 04/12/07 08:06 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Quote:
[b]Yet another idiot who doesn't have a clue about the ACLU.

Not surprising.
Seems all I hear about is the stupidity of the ACLU. Can you enlighten me on what good works they have performed of late?[/b]
A fuckin men.

#588788 - 04/12/07 09:39 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Seems all I hear about is the stupidity of the ACLU. Can you enlighten me on what good works they have performed of late?
Maybe one out of every 20 cases the ACLU takes may be considered of a worthy cause that most of the American public would support. That is so people like Moby can go around claiming they are a good organization.

One thing about the ACLU that most people seem to forget. They are basically two organizations. One is the non-profit, legal activist organization that takes cases. That is what most people think about when they hear the name ACLU.

They are also a for-profit lobbying organization. They are one of the largest left wing lobbying organizations in Washington D.C. Most people don't know that about them.

#588789 - 04/12/07 09:40 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Seems all I HEAR about is the stupidity of the ACLU.
See the key word there? The one I italicized and capitalized for you?

The key that the girl hasn't a clue - the ACLU is NOT attacking Christianity. That's one of the anti-ACLU crowds favorite talking points. The ACLU is fighting against religious symbols in GOVERNMENT spaces.

Show me ANYWHERE that the ACLU has fought against a manger scene in someone's front yard. Not ten...not five...not even two. Just one. You will fail.

I will NOT disagree with the argument that the ACLU should not be involved in non-citizen issues (like Guantanamo). I agree they should keep out of that. But this girl is talking about religion, and seeing as how that seems to be the favorite thing.

I dunno...if the ACLU was so anti-Christian, why would they do THIS ?

Plus - the ACLU has NEVER endorsed NAMBLA. This girl (and infinitely more people) should read what the case is before they start spouting off on it. Free speech doesn't just include what YOU like. It includes the reprehensible, too.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#588790 - 04/12/07 09:42 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Maybe one out of every 20 cases the ACLU takes may be considered of a worthy cause that most of the American public would support. That is so people like Moby can go around claiming they are a good organization.
Or maybe it's because all the Christian zealots have decided to try and push their beliefs in any arena they can.

Oh no...of COURSE it can't be that! :rolleyes:

#588791 - 04/12/07 09:51 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Or maybe it's because all the Christian zealots have decided to try and push their beliefs in any arena they can.

No, it can't be that.

The ACLU is unabashedly anti-Christian.

What exactly has any Chrisitian zealot tried to push on you?

#588792 - 04/12/07 09:54 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ACLU's chief purpose in life is to abolish anything that resembles absolutes. As far as they're concerned, there is no absolute right and wrong, therefore anything and everything is worthy of pissing and moaning about because it infringes on so-and-so's rights. I tell you what man, if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded or their property taken away from them with no recourse, they'd scream "this is wrong" really quickly. There are absolutes, and, sorry to break the news to you ACLU, but those absolutes sometimes are inconvenient to us mere mortals. Shut your yap for a minute and look around. There is right and wrong, and YOU are not the ultimate judge of that for us all. Thank God. :rolleyes:

#588793 - 04/12/07 09:55 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutely
Clueless
Liberal
Union

#588794 - 04/12/07 10:02 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
The ACLU's chief purpose in life is to abolish anything that resembles absolutes. As far as they're concerned, there is no absolute right and wrong, therefore anything and everything is worthy of pissing and moaning about because it infringes on so-and-so's rights. I tell you what man, if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded or their property taken away from them with no recourse, they'd scream "this is wrong" really quickly. There [b]are absolutes, and, sorry to break the news to you ACLU, but those absolutes sometimes are inconvenient to us mere mortals. Shut your yap for a minute and look around. There is right and wrong, and YOU are not the ultimate judge of that for us all. Thank God. :rolleyes: [/b]
And thank God, neither are YOU.

The ACLU has nothing to do with people breaking into your house. Where does that come from?

Read my sig.

#588795 - 04/12/07 10:09 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Or maybe it's because all the Christian zealots have decided to try and push their beliefs in any arena they can.

No, it can't be that.

The ACLU is unabashedly anti-Christian.

What exactly has any Chrisitian zealot tried to push on you?[/b]
Take the blinders off, Madman. Faith-based initiatives? Ten Commandments? Under God?

And we aren't talking about what they push on ME. It's what they try to push on the NATION. It doesn't affect me as a individual. It affects me as a CITIZEN.

We are not, nor have we EVER been a Christian-based nation. This whole "we are based on Judeo-Christian values is complete bullshit." We are based on COMMON LAW.

We have NATURAL rights, not God-given rights.

Who better to "interpret" the First Amendment than the people who WROTE it. Jefferson and Madison BOTH said it went both ways - and you KNOW Jefferson used the phrase, "Wall of separation."

#588796 - 04/12/07 10:19 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Take the blinders off, Madman. Faith-based initiatives? Ten Commandments? Under God?

And we aren't talking about what they push on ME. It's what they try to push on the NATION. It doesn't affect me as a individual. It affects me as a CITIZEN.

We are not, nor have we EVER been a Christian-based nation. This whole "we are based on Judeo-Christian values is complete bullshit." We are based on COMMON LAW.

We have NATURAL rights, not God-given rights.

Who better to "interpret" the First Amendment than the people who WROTE it. Jefferson and Madison BOTH said it went both ways - and you KNOW Jefferson used the phrase, "Wall of separation."
You're full of shit Moby. No one and no government is pushing anything on you. Not the 10 Commandments or anything else.

Some state laws overlap with the 10 Commandments, such as you can't kill anyone, but no state law exists that says you must honor your mother and father or not commit adultery.

#588797 - 04/12/07 10:30 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The ACLU's chief purpose in life is to abolish anything that resembles absolutes. As far as they're concerned, there is no absolute right and wrong, therefore anything and everything is worthy of pissing and moaning about because it infringes on so-and-so's rights. I tell you what man, if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded or their property taken away from them with no recourse, they'd scream "this is wrong" really quickly. There [b]are absolutes, and, sorry to break the news to you ACLU, but those absolutes sometimes are inconvenient to us mere mortals. Shut your yap for a minute and look around. There is right and wrong, and YOU are not the ultimate judge of that for us all. Thank God. :rolleyes: [/b]
And thank God, neither are YOU.

The ACLU has nothing to do with people breaking into your house. Where does that come from?

Read my sig.[/b]
Let me guess... you're the type that refuses to read the directions because you figure you can just slap it together using your stunning brain power. You're sitting there criticizing me and telling me to read your "sig" but you obviously just skimmed right over my post. I never once said the ACLU was about breaking into people's houses. Read my post again before you jump up onto your recycled paper, completely green, non-offensive to anyone, especially the spotted owl soapbox and start ranting. Someone call the freaking waaaambulance for this guy. [Crybaby]

#588798 - 04/12/07 10:41 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
I never once said the ACLU was about breaking into people's houses.
Then why the fuck use this:

Quote:
if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded
As your prime example???

#588799 - 04/12/07 10:51 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
You're full of shit Moby. No one and no government is pushing anything on you. Not the 10 Commandments or anything else.
If I walk into a business and on the wall of the lobby is a pentagram and some satanic verses...

What am I supposed to believe? That the business has NOTHING to do with Satanism?

Quote:
Some state laws overlap with the 10 Commandments, such as you can't kill anyone, but no state law exists that says you must honor your mother and father or not commit adultery.
Now who's full of shit? There are a LOT of states that still have adultery laws on the books.

#588800 - 04/12/07 10:53 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I never once said the ACLU was about breaking into people's houses.
Then why the fuck use this:

Quote:
if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded
As your prime example???[/b]
Oh...my...gosh. Okay let me break this down for you like I would for my 3 year old son. When a person harms another person... that's bad. When a person takes from another without their permission...that's bad. When a person invades another's home without their permission...that's bad. Other points...

ACLU = diluded buffoons

All the above bad things pertain to a persons rights. The ACLU claims to be all about the civil liberties of US citizens. Rights. Freedom. Freedom to NOT to have other people take from you or impose their own beliefs upon you. Now I will quote myself again, because again, you've not read the whole post. And I quote:

"The ACLU's chief purpose in life is to abolish anything that resembles absolutes. As far as they're concerned, there is no absolute right and wrong, therefore anything and everything is worthy of pissing and moaning about because it infringes on so-and-so's rights. I tell you what man, if one of those diluded buffoons ever had their home invaded or their property taken away from them with no recourse, they'd scream "this is wrong" really quickly. There are absolutes, and, sorry to break the news to you ACLU, but those absolutes sometimes are inconvenient to us mere mortals. Shut your yap for a minute and look around. There is right and wrong, and YOU are not the ultimate judge of that for us all. Thank God."

The ACLU wants to make it impossible for anyone to take a stand on any issue ever. There have to be absolutes, otherwise no one would ever be wrong or right... oh except the ACLU, who apparently has cornered the market on divine wisdom and justice. :rolleyes:

#588801 - 04/12/07 11:01 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

If I walk into a business and on the wall of the lobby is a pentagram and some satanic verses...

What am I supposed to believe? That the business has NOTHING to do with Satanism?
It could mean anthing.

If you walk into a building... any building either public or private, and you see the 10 Commandments on the wall... it doesn't mean you are walking into a church.

Quote:
Now who's full of shit? There are a LOT of states that still have adultery laws on the books.
I think you are full of shit Moby. In what states is adultery a crime. Name some people or cases where people have gone to jail for committing adultery.

#588802 - 04/12/07 11:02 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh and by the way, Mobycat.... like it or not, believe it or not, America was founded upon Biblical principles. Our founding fathers were not "deists". They were Christians. Biblical principles and truths are the very foundation of this land (yeah, yeah, yeah... Native Americans, slavery, blah, blah, blah...). If someone were to try to remove the foundation from under your house, the house itself would fall, or at very best, be extremely compromised and severely damaged. You cannot remove the foundation of this nation without destroying the nation. Period. It is woven into the very fabric of this country. That, sir, is an absolute truth. If you hate it that much, please, please, please, MOVE AWAY. I'm sure Hugo Chavez would love to have you.

#588803 - 04/12/07 11:32 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Oh and by the way, Mobycat.... like it or not, believe it or not, America was founded upon Biblical principles. Our founding fathers were not "deists". They were Christians. Biblical principles and truths are the very foundation of this land (yeah, yeah, yeah... Native Americans, slavery, blah, blah, blah...). If someone were to try to remove the foundation from under your house, the house itself would fall, or at very best, be extremely compromised and severely damaged. You cannot remove the foundation of this nation without destroying the nation. Period. It is woven into the very fabric of this country.
Sorry...guess again. Read up on the author of the Declaration, Jefferson. Read up on who did most of the Constitution - Madison. Read up on one of the most influential - Franklin.

Jefferson - deist.
Madison - deist.
Franklin - NO religion.

Quote:
That, sir, is an absolute truth.
In the land of rift make believe it is.

Quote:
If you hate it that much, please, please, please, [b]MOVE AWAY. I'm sure Hugo Chavez would love to have you.[/b]
Oh yes...trot that one out. Maybe YOU should leave, as you don't have a clue what it means.

#588804 - 04/12/07 11:36 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
Anonymous
Unregistered

She's cute. I'd hit it [ThumbsUp]

#588805 - 04/12/07 11:37 AM Re: A young Conservative makes a point
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
My old office fired a black woman who was worthless on the job. She had an attendance record of LESS than 50% for the first 6 months after her hire date. She was always "sick" or her "car was broken" or she just wouldn't even call in. She was militant and just seemed to "Dare" you to write her up.

Her supervisor (a close friend of mine) wrote her up several times and finally let her go. She went straight to the ACLU and hollered "discrimination." They took her case. For MONTHS, her former supervisor spent time logging evidence, calling co-workers, deposing witnesses, working with our corporate lawyers... In the end when the ACLU realized we were going to fight it, and they saw the evidence... they dropped the case and advised her not to pursue it further.

The correct decision in the end, but not before the company wasted hundreds of thousands of $$$ building a case to defend itself.

Its like the ACLU doesn't even do their own due diligence or investigation to see if the case is worthy. My friend (her supervisor) Billy, was stressed to the max about it, coming home mad, tired, and worried that he'd done the wrong thing for weeks and weeks. Where's his "ACLU?"

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal