2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40596 - 25/11/07 05:32 PM FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

So this past nine weeks my grades werent too hot so my dad offered me 500 DOLLARS exclusivly for my X for all A's and B's. how sweet is that??
Anyway im sure i can do it. He has been really strict about me doiung anything to my X but he said i could do anything to it except a lift kit but im sure i could talk him into a PML. What do you guys think I should do with my 500?

#40597 - 25/11/07 05:52 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
A PML is $50....so that's not a lift kit...its you adjusting the built-in adjustment on the t-bars, and replacing the rear shackles....I'd do that as a side issue, rather than eat into the $500.

laugh

Now, think about what you want the X to do that it can't now.

Do you have sliders?

Can you fit 33's (And want to?)

Do you have a Body Lift (Its not a lift kit...it only raises the body, and doesn't change the Center of Gravity enough to notice....on the X, BL's are very sturdy, not like some old trucks/jeeps where they used to cause problems.)

Do you have skid plates?

(etc...)

Think about what would make the X do what you want it to that fits the above range...and go that route.

Of course, FIRST, you have to GET A's and B's.

If you blow that, it doesn't matter what you WOULD HAVE done with the $500.

So, think about WHY you DIDN'T get A's and B's, and change that first....

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#40598 - 25/11/07 05:57 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mind you.... 2wd so that only offroading im doin is light trail stuff, so im not sure if sliders and skids are that necessary, i was thinking maybe a bumper and some lights, or i dont know

#40599 - 25/11/07 06:03 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

A winch bumper is around 750 and figure 80-120 for lights..more than 500.. smile If your JUST looking for looks and stuff that makes you happy go w/ a brush guard w/ lights..just don't hit anything..

#40600 - 25/11/07 06:20 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally Brushguard=vagina

#40601 - 25/11/07 06:22 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
go w/ a brush guard w/ lights..just don't hit anything..
[LOL]

#40602 - 25/11/07 06:25 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Woody09:
If that is true then what is your problem?

#40603 - 25/11/07 06:36 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Save up another $300 and buy some All-Terrains.

#40604 - 25/11/07 06:38 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Thats why I suggested it to you. Since 2WD also = Vagina. [Save the fine unicorns]

#40605 - 25/11/07 06:51 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey eat balls i didnt have to pay for it so i dont really care. I already get enough crap for having 2wd from my friends a brushguard wouldnt make it any better

#40606 - 25/11/07 07:37 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

how about some neoprene seat covers and an upgrade to the stereo system? i put 2 - 12's in and an amp for under 500 using the stock head unit. alpine type-e subs and a bazooka amp. or just get some 31" all terrains. they'll fit stock and they'll even help you out little more on the road and the trail stuff. for a 15" rim, they're only like 120/ea or so. pretty cheap for a really good tire. plus they look much better then that stock shit.

#40607 - 25/11/07 07:56 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're not going to be getting into any serious offroading like you say then why not consider a Loadwarrior roof basket? You could add lights to the basket later on. That is if you carry enough gear or whatever to justify the extra storage. He didn't specify any engine mods so you could also consider CAI/exhaust mod as well.

#40608 - 25/11/07 09:24 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

x3 on the tires.

#40609 - 25/11/07 09:44 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
How About getting a Job so you can spend the $$$, fixing up your X...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#40610 - 26/11/07 12:33 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

x4 with tires.

even if you don't offroad, it'll give it a more aggressive look to it.

#40611 - 26/11/07 02:53 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Silver Raider Offline

Loc: Goose Creek, SC
Do the PML and put the biggest, most aggressive tires you can under it. Save up for sliders, a shrock (or ARB) bumper and a winch.

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#40612 - 26/11/07 06:38 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey eat balls i didnt have to pay for it so i dont really care. I already get enough crap for having 2wd from my friends a brushguard wouldnt make it any better
You ask for suggestions and I give you one and you tell me to eat balls? Well I prefer not to eat balls, thank you. I was under the assumption that you didn't care what the mod was as long as it "looked" cool. Suddenly your an off road expert with a 2WD truck. If $500 makes your THAT happy and it's THAT much money to you just save it since your truck is unable to do anything off road anyway. Go buy a PS3.

#40613 - 26/11/07 08:24 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
I wouldnt bother with any offroad upgrades seeing as that its a 2WD, buy a beater 4X4 and it will get you way farther than any lift on your 2WD will. I would spend it on a hobby besides four-wheeling if it were me.

#40614 - 26/11/07 08:58 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GPrsh924:
Save up another $300 and buy some All-Terrains.
Good advice,

A good set of A/T's will keep you out of trouble running down fire roads etc thats going to be your best investment on a 2WD maybe throw in a set of tire chains, highlift jack (poor mans winch) and a couple of straps also.

Dont worry about the haters I took my old 2wd frontier out in the woods and snow covered sierra nevada mountains plenty of times just be careful and know your limitations.

When your out on your own making your own cheese you can go out and buy whatever you want....

#40615 - 26/11/07 11:00 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure where you live, woody, but I'd probably get good tires with good snow traction (if that applies to you). If not, then I'd get a stereo upgrade and maybe a sub or two.

#40616 - 26/11/07 11:03 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woody, I just noticed in your previous posts you mentioned it was a 4x4.

#40617 - 26/11/07 11:37 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would say, get the A's and B's first before spending the $500 that your Dad hasn't given you yet. Honestly, if you want good advice, you're focus is to finish school, get a good job, then you can pay for all your own mods like the rest of us...and that's not being sarcastic so don't get mad at me after this post.

#40618 - 26/11/07 11:44 AM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I forgot about that part. Arterra is right... focus on your A's and B's before you focus on what you are going to do with the money. You've already got a good start by saying "you can do it". Just put in the time and the effort and DO IT.

After this past weekend, I would have to agree with these guys as well on the tires. My friend's XJ that wheeled with me this weekend was having some serious trouble on soft roads. He has street tires and 4WD. Don't think he was in danger of getting stuck but he was forced to hit some areas at higher speeds to make it through and had little control to stop or turn once he made it through.

#40619 - 26/11/07 12:05 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
Quote:
[b]Personally Brushguard=vagina
Thats why I suggested it to you. Since 2WD also = Vagina. [Save the fine unicorns] [/b]
I tell you to eat balls not because i dont like your suggestion but because you bash on my truck.

And yes i realize $500 isn't alot of money but for a highschooler with no job it is.

#40620 - 26/11/07 12:34 PM Re: FRIGGIN AMAZING
Anonymous
Unregistered

i can tell ya one thing, school is alot more important then mods for a truck. im in college now and struggling to make the grades. spending more time and money on school then on the truck. since the money isnt guaranteed unless you get the grades, id agree with the others here and say focus more on school then some stupid shit for a truck. a degree will get you alot farther in life then capable truck of any kind, 4x4 or not. if it breaks after you have a degree, you'll have the experience and qualifications to get a job to pay for said damage and or mods to the truck. its been almost 2 years since ive done any real wheeling, and if i dont make it through college, not only will i not have the money to wheel, i also wont have a place to live unless i make the extra money to pay rent every month. if i dont make it, the rents are movin me out. when your parents give you advice, be sure to take it to heart because they have the lifetime experience that you dont and have probably been in your shoes before and know what they're talkin about. i didnt even buy my first xterra until i was starting college 4 years ago. i really wish i could have had one when i was in school cause its a cool ass truck.

[/book]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal