Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9295 - 04/01/08 08:50 AM Question about extended warranty from Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could have sworn when I signed the papers for the extended warranty from Nissan that I was told that if I had to drop my vehicle off for work, that I was to be given a loaner vehicle. This is part of the reason I agreed to the warranty. I took my Xterra to the shop today for a light that was on, and I was told that they don't offer loaner vehicles because the liability insurance cost them too much. This is the same dealer that I bought the truck and the warranty from. Does anyone have any idea?

#9296 - 04/01/08 08:54 AM Re: Question about extended warranty from Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only if the repair is going to take more than a day you can get a rental car, that you must be able to meet the requirements to get. I.e. Valid Drivers license, Credit Card, Etc.

If they know they won't need it overnight you'll be hard pressed to get a rental. Now, if it is getting late and they still haven't fixed it, and you are going to be without a vehicle, tell them you want the Rental Provided.

Good luck. [Wave]

#9297 - 04/01/08 10:31 AM Re: Question about extended warranty from Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

The vehicle is done and ready to be picked up now. I just was in a pinch and needed to get to work. Luckily I was able to contact a co-worker and he picked me up. I was just curious what the actual deal was with a loaner car. Thanks.

#9298 - 04/01/08 10:43 AM Re: Question about extended warranty from Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ_Focus:
The vehicle is done and ready to be picked up now. I just was in a pinch and needed to get to work. Luckily I was able to contact a co-worker and he picked me up. I was just curious what the actual deal was with a loaner car. Thanks.
Good to hear they fixed the issue. Next time you may want to inquire about a Shuttle to P/U or Drop you off. This can be a little time consuming, but convienent none the less.

#9299 - 04/01/08 07:34 PM Re: Question about extended warranty from Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, when the dealer fixed my FSU under warranty, they had to keep it overnight. They put me in a "free" rental.

You have to pay for the gas that was used (or bring it back with the tank at the same level), and the insurance - if your regular insurance doesn't cover rentals.

I don't think many dealers get involved with Loaner vehicles because of the liability issues. My dealer has an on-site Enterprise rental facility.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal