Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8689 - 22/12/07 11:08 AM 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 2006 Xterra will not honk anymore when locked. It has done this before and I couldn't figure it out. Every door, hood, and hatch are shut. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a solution?

#8690 - 22/12/07 11:43 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nagy..did you check the owners manual? On my 04 I disabled the honk. I think I had to hold both lock and unlock at the same time. It's possible you disabled it while it was in your pocket or somthing.

#8691 - 22/12/07 12:06 PM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Hold both lock/unlock buttons down (same time) for about 10 seconds--

-- Then lights should flash and horn honk when you push just the lock button, lights flash when you just push the unlock button--

-- [Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#8692 - 22/12/07 02:06 PM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome! It worked. It's amazing what a one year old can do when he has your keys.

I must have opened and shut the doors a million times to try to figure that out...

I appreciate your help guys!

#8693 - 03/01/08 05:20 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually have that happening to my keys too...just figured it was the battery running out on the remote! huh! Go figure...yeah, my 1yr old nephew was messin' with my keys this past holiday weekend!

#8694 - 03/01/08 06:04 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool I don;t know what it is, about Nissan, but thrir remote, is SO SENSITIVE--

--Sometimes, I'll just look at my remote, when I'm in rhe house and the horn, in my X, in the garage goes off---

--( confused confused ) Kidding--

-- [Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#8695 - 03/01/08 08:50 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

X2 if it's in my pocket and I move the wrong way the alarm goes off.

#8696 - 03/01/08 12:24 PM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least you didn't go to the dealer for help like I did when this happened. I felt pretty stupid when he told me how to fix it.

#8697 - 03/01/08 07:16 PM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a way you can modify your key fob remote to cut down on the sensitivity of the panic button. Open your remote and the side with the rubber buttons, each one has rubber rectangle on the back. Take a pair of nippers or scissors and trim down the little rubber rectangle for the panic button. Once thats done, no more false alarms from being in your pocket. THe panic feature will still work, but you have to press the button in hard and hold it for it to set off the alarm.

A how to with some pics is here:
how to link

#8698 - 04/01/08 07:52 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The panic button is not my problem. It is the locking button. Everytime I bend over I hear my horn honk as the doors lock. I really don't wear that tight of pants.

#8699 - 11/01/08 09:36 AM Re: 2006* Stock alarm won't honk when locked anymore...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What happens to me is when I lean in through the rear doors to put my kids in and out of their carseats, the "raised" part of the door frame (above the wheelwells) always presses my remote buttons in my pocket. The result is usually locking of the doors, and sometimes even the disabling of the horn like you guys were talking about.

Luckily for me I though I checked my manual first.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal