Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25972 - 13/02/08 08:08 PM Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This maybe a stupid question but does anyone know of any good wiper blades? The Burgh has recently got a good amount of snow and freezing temps! I bought a mid line pair of Trico's last year and they are junk. They always freeze up and never wipe the whole wind shield! I heard the rain-x blades are pretty good? Any thoughts?

#25973 - 13/02/08 08:22 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use the Bosch Icons on my Xterra and I've had them on 2 of my hondas. They work great and no noise which is a pet peeve of mine. The new Rain-X blades look like they are the same design/principle as the Icons. They are basically a squigee. Even when I get into heavy mud, just a few passes and my windshield is clean again.

They are a bit pricey compared to other blades but I highly recommend them.

#25974 - 13/02/08 08:24 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

SilBlades work great. I believe there is a model for ice/snow. They are pricey, search the net for the best price. They are worth the money.

#25975 - 13/02/08 09:36 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Anco, you can get them at Wal-Mart.

#25976 - 14/02/08 05:37 AM Re: Any good wiper blades?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000980
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004831
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004674
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010436
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000069

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#25977 - 14/02/08 05:52 AM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The real answer is, No. It's a crap shoot, some will work great on one car and like shit on the next. Good luck.

#25978 - 14/02/08 02:56 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet thanks for the help. I was figuring on either the Rain-X or Bocsh Icon.

#25979 - 14/02/08 03:41 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Bought triple-edge blades when the truck was six months old.

The truck is now 8 years old - two windshield replacements, but with the SAME wipers. I shit you not.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#25980 - 14/02/08 05:52 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought the Bosch Icon last year for my X, and they already need to be replaced.

Bought the triple edge for my gf's rig, and they don't do as well as the Icons.

I would try the Silblades

#25981 - 14/02/08 06:18 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tbonez9:
...but does anyone know of any good wiper blades?...
Wiper blades are only part of the solution.

First, you need a clean windshield. Now I'm not talking about using the toilet water and sponge cleaner you find at your neighborhood gas station. Instead a quality glass cleaner and plenty of clean plain (meaning print free) paper towels. So, clean your window like you plan on eating off of it. Some people have good luck with using newspaper but not all newsprint is the same.

Next, use Rain-X and following the directions to the letter. This product has both its fan boys and its distracters. But if you follow the instructions, it will improve the efficiently of your wipers. This product is not a replacement for wipers (and past advertising made the claim). Its primary purpose it to improve the efficiently of wind shield wipers.

Then get some new wipers. Performance of a quality wiper will vary from vehicle to vehicle dependant on several factors. One primary difference in wipers is how long they will last before they began fail. Your geographical location will also come into play regarding how long they will last.

#25982 - 14/02/08 06:30 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd recommend that you go w/ the Bosch Icons. I just replaced my old wipers about 2 months ago(Bosch MicroEdge Excel) and decided to go w/ the Icons and have been very pleased. Definitely worth the extra money. The MicroEdges started streaking after a few weeks, and I was hesitant about going w/ bosch again.

After the recent snow / sleet / snow / rain mixture over the past few days here in the burgh, I just pulled the wipers up (they were frozen to the windshield), hit the ice off of the rubber part on the blade, and the Icons continued to perform flawlessly. No streaking at all. [ThumbsUp]

#25983 - 14/02/08 09:45 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too have the Bosch Icons, I got them because my friend has them on his WRX. He put them on last year and it works great.

I've had them for four months, through snow and ice and they still work great. I hope they'll last a while because I love them. They don't freeze either, because there are no moving parts like normal wipers. Great for cold icy snowy winters.

#25984 - 15/02/08 12:28 AM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchased the PIAA silicone wipers just before winter and they've been great in all conditions. You will find that they probably cost a little more than some other brands, but they do come with PIAA brand wipes that work just like Rain-X. Well worth the extra couple of bucks in my opinion. SEARCH: "PIAA wipers" and you will find the part# I posted for them. [Smoking]

#25985 - 15/02/08 07:08 AM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am using the Michelin Blades I got from Costco and I have to admit..they kick arse..
I'm pleased with them and even here with the great snowfalls we've been having..they are peforming quite well...

#25986 - 15/02/08 08:34 PM Re: Any good wiper blades?
Anonymous
Unregistered

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal