Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#572821 - 17/05/10 04:02 PM AAL installed, t-bars cranked up
Tarpan Offline

Loc: CT
Sorry for the "driveway" shots:

#572822 - 17/05/10 04:59 PM Re: AAL installed, t-bars cranked up [Re: Tarpan]
_Craic_ Offline

nice but what are those goofy looking silver things under your doors?

#572827 - 17/05/10 05:36 PM Re: AAL installed, t-bars cranked up [Re: _Craic_]
Tarpan Offline

Originally Posted By: _Craic_
nice but what are those goofy looking silver things under your doors?

Aaaah! Those are really useful - to load my kayaks/skis/snowboard on the roof rack. Yes, I found them really useful. And I use the roof rack quite often.

And yes, taking those goofy things off-road is a bad idea. Sliders rule! But, maybe a bit later... now I'm busy with some other projects.

#572830 - 17/05/10 08:17 PM Re: AAL installed, t-bars cranked up [Re: Tarpan]
Cliff Offline

Loc: Idaho, U.S.A
Have you had any issues with a vibration starting at about 30 mph and continuing up to around 40 mph. This happened to mine when I had AAL installed. The dealership said it had something to do with the design of the U joints on the X and the changing of the angles. They installed some spaces on the axle by it only decreased the noise a bit. They said the only solution for me would be to return the rear suspension back to stock which I was unwillng to do.

#572831 - 17/05/10 08:57 PM Re: AAL installed, t-bars cranked up [Re: Cliff]
Tarpan Offline

I'm not sure yet.

I notice some unusual sound when I was driving home yesterday, but very-very light. It sounded kind of like when you have a sunroof open and on some speed it starts "bubbling". (well, if you have a sunroof, you will understand). But it was so light and quite that I wasn't sure do I really hear it or "it's just in my head".

Later on the same day my X started squeaking like a pig. So much that I was ashamed to drive it. It was the worn front right brake pads, so I replaced them. (Yes, any mechanic would chop my head off for replacing just 1 wheel brake pads at a time. I know I have to do both, but ... too busy now.)

Today I drove over a 100 miles and I didn't hear anything wrong or unusual. So, for now I would assume, the bubbling sound (if any) was caused by the brake pads.

PS. By the way - I LIKE THE RIDE! The X doesn't bottom out anymore on bumps and holes but rides over them smoooothly.

#572832 - 17/05/10 09:07 PM Re: AAL installed, t-bars cranked up [Re: Cliff]
Tarpan Offline

Originally Posted By: Cliff
Have you had any issues with a vibration starting at about 30 mph and continuing up to around 40 mph.

What RPMs your engine runs at while you feel the vibration?

I had a vibration issues few years back when catalytic converter shield rusted. It was starting exactly at 2000 RPMs.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal