2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#677332 - 18/12/11 06:39 PM Need attachment to raise hitch hauler
cgdoc Offline

I already have the stock tow hitch on the X (2" receiver) and the hitch hauler that slides in, however it's not the type that can "fold up" that almost fits next to rear hatch. What I'm looking for is a piece that would slide into the tow hitch on the X and also accept the hitch hauler and I would be able to fold it up. I looked at TSC over this past weekend but all they had was the whole folding hitch hauler. I don't need another one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doc

#677338 - 19/12/11 06:01 AM Re: Need attachment to raise hitch hauler [Re: cgdoc]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
To my knowledge (and it's what I do at work) such a thing doesn't exist. All the 2X2 type mounts I've ever seen are only adjustable up & down. If it needs to fold, looks like you're buying another basket.

Positive note... Used reciever baskets sell pretty fast this time of year. Put it on Craigslist.

Jeff!

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

#677352 - 19/12/11 06:37 PM Re: Need attachment to raise hitch hauler [Re: RNTKnives]
granitex Offline

Loc: Columbus. Oh
http://www.jcwhitney.com/dual-hitch-extension/p2020538.jcwx?filterid=c10339u0j1

with a regular folding hitch basket.

other than that you will need to make your own, or at least some parts of one.

#677359 - 20/12/11 04:00 AM Re: Need attachment to raise hitch hauler [Re: granitex]
Gonzo-2 Offline

Loc: Lansing, Michigan
Granite - what you posted is just a hitch extension. What cgdoc is looking for is an extension of sorts that folds. What he wants to do is put the "hinge" piece in the receiver, then the Hitch Hauler in the "hinge" so that when not in use, he can fold the Hitch Hauler up flat against the hatch so it doesn't stick out. Assuming I'm understanding him right.

cgdoc - As Jeff (RNTKnives) mentioned, such a device may be hard to find. I'd peruse JCWhitney as Granite suggested though. They'd be a good source if something like that could be found. Good luck and report back what you find!

-G

BFG AT/KO
Custom fuse panels for electrical mods
Custom backup solution mod (lights/camera/monitor)
Custom switched power outlets (8+ total)
Lots-o-Lights (6 driving lights, 10 total)

Original registration - Sep, '03
Pre-crash post count - ~1100

#677360 - 20/12/11 04:45 PM Re: Need attachment to raise hitch hauler [Re: Gonzo-2]
granitex Offline

Loc: Columbus. Oh
without making one from scratch, which I dont think that he wants to do, tht would still be the quickest and easiest way to raise it uo to a level more of his liking.

The hindging it at that point would be all on him. Personally I dont think that it would be worth the effort, but Im not him.

Meh

#677364 - 21/12/11 05:34 AM Re: Need attachment to raise hitch hauler [Re: granitex]
cgdoc Offline

Gonzo,
That's what I'm trying to find...looked like Cabellas has something to the effect but I'm going to keep looking around...Craigslist is a good idea...I really only use mine to haul deer so it's used just a few months out of the year but I'm always taking it off after each day since the garage door would come down on it if closed...hence folding it up against the hatch would be a time saver.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal