Here's the deal and I'm going to make a long story short.

All of a sudden my internet stopped working (it's comcast cable if matters). The PC will not find my net card, modem, nothing.

Scanned the PC for viruses and not surprisingly the whole thing was infested with trojans. Got the trojans deleted with Cyberscrub.

Cyberscrub could not delete 2 files that were infected. Tried to go into DOS and delete them manually. That did not work; it kept saying that access is denied. Ran Bart PE and got the two files out of there. Rebooted - nothing works.

Previously when I just found the virus I was able to reboot in safe mode with networking and everything was fine. Now even that does not work.

I went ahead and reinstalled al lthe drivers for my network card and my modem - no luck. PC seems to install everything fine but nothing shows up. When modem is plugged in it says that USB deice is not recognized.

The way that I see now, the most time-effective thing to do is to make all necessary backups and just reinstall Windows with formatting the whole drive and partitions. Although I don't really want to do that, it seems like the only option left.

Any suggestions? Software? Need some help here...