2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116435 - 18/05/03 10:30 PM Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
AlcoX Offline

Loc: Brentwood, CA
Hello everyone, I apologize for not being around. With this new job and me buying a house, I've been really overwhelmed. I'd like to thank Huey for taking over in the interim.

Anyways, I'd like to get some suggestions for our annual NCCX club trip. We went to yosemite 2 years ago. I'm working on getting reservations for yosemite, but they're hard to come by now. I hope everyone is well and i hope to see you soon.

#116436 - 19/05/03 12:23 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
How about some national forests in the North?

Some National Forests are listed here.

It might require a bit more driving to get there, but maybe this kind of get-together is a good reason to stretch your driving a little more to see things in the Northern California? :rolleyes: ...And, I remember there are some true Northern California people who visits XOC. This could be a good chance for them to join the club trip?

#116437 - 19/05/03 08:36 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Yeah I agree with XSAL....would be nice to go to an area where we haven't been before. There are a number of trails in that area in the Backcountry roads book that look really interesting. I think most people have this book?

CJ

#116438 - 19/05/03 09:33 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
How about some national forests in the North?
Little Grass Valley Lake ,just north of LaPorte, in Plumas County, is a favorite of ours. From here you can access Stag Point in the Wild and Scenic Feather River Canyon, as well as Cleghorn Bar , also in the Canyon. It's very remote country with bears and BF deer to be seen often. Also the fishing is outstanding. There are also a ton of old mines, ghost towns, graveyards and even a creek that has tunneld through a mountain that you can walk through. Just a thought!! [Wave]

#116439 - 19/05/03 03:27 PM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
gx_ca Offline

Loc: san jose, ca
when are you thinking?

#116440 - 20/05/03 10:05 PM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
AlcoX Offline

Loc: Brentwood, CA
I was thinking around early to mid september. Olebiker, Please email with further details with that run. Medic4708@aol.com

#116441 - 21/05/03 09:19 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Early September is good......and LIttle Grass Valley Lake sounds interesting?

How would u rate the wheeling up there? Stock X friendly? Would like to take my family with me too.

#116442 - 21/05/03 09:31 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
Stock X friendly? Would like to take my family with me too.
Cleghorn is a great family/stock trail which ends on the Feather river in the Wild and Scenic Feather River Canyon. There are many other trails to explore that may not be so stock friendly. Stag point is another nice little trail. The camping at Lil' Grass is great with several campgrounds available including a group site. Running water and real flush toilets are available. There is also some wonderful mountain biking including a fairly flat track around the lake (26 miles).

#116443 - 31/05/03 10:49 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Plumas is good, not too far to drive smile

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#116444 - 31/05/03 11:22 AM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieX:
Plumas is good, not too far to drive smile
In my Sierra Nevada Byways by Tony Huegel (Backcountry Drives for the Whole Family) that's tour number 2.

It's actually called "Diggins 1"
Snippets:

Location: Tahoe and Plumas Nat Forests, between Downieville at the south end and La Porte at the north end. (Hwy 49)

Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. 4WD Poker Flat Road (800) is steep and can be muddy. Do not ford Canyon Creek during high water. These roads can be closed by storms.

Time and Dist: 3 hrs, 29 miles

Rest Stops: Refer to your map for area campgrounds. There are primitive campsites at Poker Flat, Howland Flat and Yankee Hill. The Saddleback Mountain Lookout is a great place to stop.

Akio - can you PM me your mailing address? Obviously I found my book and said I'd give it to you when I did find it. I'm sure the club could use it. I also still have the big NCCX banner that I'll send to you along with the book.

#116445 - 31/05/03 12:50 PM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
Spencer Offline

Loc: Irvine
hows everyone doing, i just want to let the fello nissan owner know that we are heading off to pismo beach on aug 20-aug 24. i am hoping to get a really large group to go wheel, i know a dakoda club, maybe durango club, and my offroadworld.net club is going and maybe on other frontier, but if you are interested please let me know
ultrapc40@alteredvisionz.net

You don't know what you got till its gone

#116446 - 03/07/03 01:49 PM Re: Suggestions for Annual Club Trip
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Cleghorn sounds good to me. We're still stock, but maybe by the time this trip is set up we will have an ARB bumper and some sliders. Does anyone know if getting a three inch lift will void the warranty? I got the 5/100K so I don't want to do anything that will void it. [Freak]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal