2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115083 - 11/08/03 09:30 PM Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey Everyone,

I was completing a few minor fixes on the Xterra this past weekend and noticed my radiator fan had been rubbing on the top of the fan shroud...

After a bit of Xterra troubleshooting, I couldn't find anything loose or misplaced...

I started the X and put the emergency brake on. I lightly tapped on the gas and noticed the left side of my engine rose up about 2 1/2" from the left engine mounts...

I found this to be awful strange, so I checked. Sure enough, the left rear engine mount is broken and the left front engine mount is cracked...

Needless to say, I was a little upset...

I called the Nissan Dealership in Sunnyvale on El Camino Real, and spoke with the service department. They had no problem scheduling me in with no notice, (Tuesday @ 7:30am). I was very happy about that...

They informed me the engine mounts break regularly on Nissan Xterras & Frontiers between 1999 & 2002. They fixed the engine mounts for 2003...

Also they informed me if anyone has the engine mounts break or crack, just bring it in and they will replace them. It costs Nissan alot less by not recalling all the Xterras & Frontiers from 1999 thru 2002. They simply fix the ones that do break or crack...

I'm posting this for informational purposes only, but---> (CHECK YOUR ENGINE MOUNTS). If they are broken or cracked get them repaired right away, don't wait.

I'm getting both left engine mounts replaced tomorrow under warranty. I certainly hope nobody else finds the same problem with their Xterras or Frontiers.

I hope this posting helps & Good Luck,

#115084 - 11/08/03 10:22 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Front and rear mounts ?

There is only one mount per side.

Do you have an automatic tranny ?

#115085 - 11/08/03 11:05 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Do you have an automatic tranny ?
Andy's x has AT...

....Now, you got me little worried, Andy... [Uh Oh !] Yea...I gotta check mine sometime this week...

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy:
Also they informed me if anyone has the engine mounts break or crack, just bring it in and they will replace them...
Did they say how long it takes?

#115086 - 12/08/03 03:58 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey Ian,

Sorry about that...There's only one mount per side...What was I thinking? Oh Yea, I was thinking about my radiator fan and shroud that was cracked...@@PS!

The left engine mount is broken...I'm taking my X in on Wednesday to get repaired...I have the day off...I'll let everyone know how long it takes for the repair after it's completed!

I'll keep everyone posted...

PS: I got the approval today for the time off I requested, for GOX 2003...YEA!

#115087 - 12/08/03 04:05 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Automatics seem to break them very easily due to the engines ability to transfer torque without it going anywhere.

XSAL, it's about an hour job to replace them.

#115088 - 12/08/03 05:27 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Knock on wood, I have not broken any yet and I have an automatic.

#115089 - 14/08/03 03:52 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
...The left engine mount is broken...I'm taking my X in on Wednesday to get repaired...I have the day off...I'll let everyone know how long it takes for the repair after it's completed!

I'll keep everyone posted...
So...How did it go? :rolleyes:

#115090 - 14/08/03 04:37 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
KaiOtiK Offline

Wednesday...
I went into the nissan dealership on Wednesday morning to have them fix my Xterra...

They did an inspection, then came out 4 hours later to inform me they need to order a left side motor mount, radiator fan, & a new radiador fan shroud...

So, I went home and "Finally" completed the re-wiring for all my fog lights. Hooked them up on separate switches and replaced one of my bad piaa harnesses...

Thursday...
I just received a call from the nissan dealership informing me my parts are in for my Xterra. I have another appointment Friday @ 7:30am to get evrything fixed...

PS: The Nissan Dealership informed me their are Qty-2 Xterra Recalls...FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:FILLER PIPE AND CAP...& INADEQUATE SEALING OF THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS) SENSOR...

Check out the following web site:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm
Then choose the year, make, & model of your vehicle for the recalls...

I'll post my results tomorrow night after my Xterra gets fixed...They are going to complete the recall items also for free while it's in the shop...

I'll keep everyone posted,

#115091 - 15/08/03 04:03 PM Re: Engine Mounts Broken...Have You Checked Them Lately?
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from the Nissan Dealership...

They installed a new left side motor mount, radiator fan, & fan shroud free of charge...

Also, they completed the replacement work for the Nissan Xterra Recalls free of charge...

It's awesome, walked outta the dealership without paying a penny...

Now, once again, I'm ready for GOX 2003 [Smoking]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal