Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113229 - 21/05/04 02:54 PM Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
If you need to know the rig requirements then you probably don't want to bring your X. wink

So here are the dates that we can't do:
-The last weekend of July and the 1st weekend of Aug due to the Jeep Jamboree
-The weekend for July 4th is usually packed

Ideally we will want to wait till the traffic dies down on the trail (usually by Aug). So I'm open for something mid to late Aug through early Sept. Late Sept would be pushing it for me and I'm not doing Oct again. [Freak]

This would be a three day trip so you will need to request a day off at work if needed. Also there might be the option of running just from Loon to Spider and back (two day trip).

I have a good feeling the group will be small...that being said I'm thinking 5 rigs max to keep traffic moving on the trail without being cussed out by jeepers.

This is not an NCCX run...just something I thought I'd throw out there for those interested. smile

#113230 - 21/05/04 11:57 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
MickB Offline

Loc: Grass Valley, CA
Huey, I'm retiring from the AF and moving back to PA the first week of Aug or I'd go. I was on the Rubicon last weekend, as far as Spider Lake. Pics are here.

It was awesome! We took a bypass accross the slabs instead of going through the "gatekeeper". You may want to consider it...although it wasn't exactly easy either!

Mick

#113231 - 22/05/04 12:08 AM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
I would join you...I think. [Uh Oh !] Of course, as a spotter/camera crew. laugh I don't think it'll be a problem for me to take a day off for the trip.

Oh, well...we'll see... :rolleyes:

#113232 - 23/05/04 11:46 AM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm up for it. Just tell me when and where to meet you guys.

#113233 - 23/05/04 09:00 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Anything after the 20th of August is bad for me...if a run goes for mid August I'd be game. Depending on what the schedule is like for internship/school I might be a possible entry for after that :rolleyes:

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113234 - 23/05/04 10:46 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Wow Mick, I had no idea you were in CA for the military. At least you got to run it a few times at various sections. Well there's always Deer Valley or Pardoe before you take off. smile

Casper4 (Not Josh with the silver X Casper), are you sure this is a run for you? I'm hoping either you have a very set up X or a very set up Jeep? If not, this probably isn't the run for you. I'm just gessing here, but let me know if you think you can run it. Rubicon

Hey Charlie, anything is possible. Right now I'm game for mid Aug, the trail might be a bit busy, but doable. Do you have a locker in yet or are you planning one? It's just not worth running the trail without at least one, spooling out the winch ever few feet won't be fun. [Freak]

#113235 - 24/05/04 05:01 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Truckee during the summers and i offroad all over the area and in Nevada. I have driven the rubicon from the end to Barker Pass with my friends FJ40 and i was fine. I know that part is cake but i am up for what ever happens. I have a rancho lift and 32's and will be getting sliders and skids by that time. But thanks for the concern.

#113236 - 24/05/04 05:22 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in, as a spotter that is. X isn't quite old enough to take up there(to me anyway). I also might need one, maybe two more mods to make it [Too much XOC]

Quote:
Originally posted by Casper4:
I live in Truckee during the summers and i offroad all over the area and in Nevada.
Hey Casper4,
Where in Truckee do you live? Thats just scarry that there are 2 Caspers that live in Truckee. I also wheel around here and Nevada alot. We should hook up and descuss some good trails to get everyone to come up and do. Let me know.

Casper
aka Josh

#113237 - 24/05/04 05:35 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I saw your name and the fact that you jacked it from me (kidding) I thought I was going crazy.
I live in Tahoe Donner on Falcon Point Place during the summers. I will be finishing up my senior year of high school in Marin and will be spending almost the rest of the summer in Tahoe.
My friend has a ’77 FJ40 and a ’98 XJ both on 33’s and we wheel a lot around Boca, Procer(?) and Barker pass.
We definitely should hook up and talk.

#113238 - 24/05/04 05:36 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What resort do you manage?

#113239 - 24/05/04 06:35 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I manage the rental shops and ski repair shops at Sugar Bowl.
As for stealing your name, I was here first. laugh (just kidding)

Casper

#113240 - 24/05/04 06:44 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What trails do you go on up there? Any other xterras in the area?

I have seen a 2000-2001 green one with 265/75/16 Pro Comp MT's on rock crawlers, seen him? He works at one of the golf courses at Tahoe Donner.

#113241 - 08/06/04 09:10 AM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
After giving it some careful thought and talking to some of the local Jeepers here, I'm going to take a pass. I need a lot more work on the truck before I head out that way. Quests are *not* fun and doing the Rubicon in a "grocery getter" will turn into a quest real quick. I also can't afford to fix what I would be screwing up, so I'll be sticking to the tamer stuff for now. Lockers? Nope, and I don't intend on spending money on them unless there are at least D44's or the Toyota equivalent involved.

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
Wow Mick, I had no idea you were in CA for the military. At least you got to run it a few times at various sections. Well there's always Deer Valley or Pardoe before you take off. smile

Casper4 (Not Josh with the silver X Casper), are you sure this is a run for you? I'm hoping either you have a very set up X or a very set up Jeep? If not, this probably isn't the run for you. I'm just gessing here, but let me know if you think you can run it. Rubicon

Hey Charlie, anything is possible. Right now I'm game for mid Aug, the trail might be a bit busy, but doable. Do you have a locker in yet or are you planning one? It's just not worth running the trail without at least one, spooling out the winch ever few feet won't be fun. [Freak]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#113242 - 08/07/04 12:26 PM Re: Rubicon, who's intersted, and when?
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Oh yeah smile on 8/20-22… the purposed CALMINI customer appreciation run. Almost ever other weekend that month has some event going...Work days, Rubicons on the con 8/14, CJ's 8/28, etc.

Taking my 90' Pathy & twitch will be driving our 87' Sammy.

For those that want to try the "Con my best advice would be; plan, prep, test, re-check, have a good positive attitude, relax, and enjoy the thrill ride laugh

Hope to see some of you on the Rubicon

Brian

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal