2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111523 - 28/01/05 11:53 PM need some advise/help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

well when the tax man cometh he will be bringing a nice check and the x needs new tires! i have on there now 265 / 70 (or 75) /16 bfg at something or others ... sooo the question is... what would be a good replacement. i know a lot of people on the board say that the bfg ta is a good choice. im just wondering if any of youz guyz know of a good spot to get some deals cuz i relly dont want to blow the whole wad just on some tires (need to perform some maintance too (30k service a few thou late!!)) so i guess im trying to get some tires around $500 or $600 mounted and balanced. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks laugh

#111524 - 29/01/05 12:08 AM Re: need some advise/help...
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
BFG ATs are a good solid performer for the kind of terrain we run. It will also be quiet on the highway for your daily driver and they look cool too I guess... smile Go with a 265/75/16 (32" tall), which will require little or no trimming for your X. For a good deal try Costco or Americas tire.

About the 30k service...do it yourself and save a ton of $$$. It's basiacally just replacing fluids and a bunch of checks (all of which are detailed in your user manual). This will also allow you to run synthetic oil if you like.

If you have any cash left over get sliderz! That or give me some $$$. laugh

#111525 - 29/01/05 10:28 AM Re: need some advise/help...
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
I like my pirelli scorpions, they're a little cheaper than the BFGs. Duelers are good too.

Do the 30k service yourself and get some sliders.

#111526 - 29/01/05 06:02 PM Re: need some advise/help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple decent tires to consider also if you dont want to drop the ching for the BFG's Or GY MT/R's Yokohama has one called Geolander A/T 2, really a decent tire with nice tread pattern. Another Less expensive tire but nice is the TOYO Open Country A/T, Now to go High Value Low price
TBC (mich/bfg/uni house brand offers the MudKings A/T's usually pick them up for around 90 bucks each, also Firestones house brand is the Dayton A/T's or M/Ts also around 90 bucks each. Make sure to check discount tire and at least one other big dealer, also check 4wheelparts.com get your best price and stick to it. Most dealers want your business more than they will let you know. usaully discount will be the best to bottomline the lowest price, hope this helps you out.

#111527 - 29/01/05 09:50 PM Re: need some advise/help...
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by Grn-X:
...Yokohama has one called Geolander A/T 2, really a decent tire with nice tread pattern.
I have Geolander AT+II. They have been on my xterra for about 22,000 miles, and about 60% of tread left. They were like $10 less than BFG AT @ Discount Tires... Pretty good tires. Handles well, too. smile

http://community.webshots.com/photo/62978478/84419257QQpWBa

#111528 - 29/01/05 09:55 PM Re: need some advise/help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the ideas guys, i'll be looking into all of the suggestions. never thought of doing the 30k my self... dont have an abundance of tools.. that may pose a problem...but i think i could figure that out. im not to proud to ask for help though :p and a pair of sliders with the $$$ saved sounds like a great idea!! we'll see what happens. thanks again and im open to any more suggestions laugh

#111529 - 30/01/05 10:17 AM Re: need some advise/help...
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
If you go with the Scorpion AT, I have a brandnew (warranty replacement) 31" sitting at home that you can have for pretty cheap. You only need to get 3 more smile

#111530 - 31/01/05 09:17 AM Re: need some advise/help...
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
You know another way to save money on the 30K mile service is find a local reputable independent shop that will perform all the 30k mile servies as the manual states and of course charge you much less. That is usually the way to go if you want to save a buck and don't either have the tools or time to do it all yourself. Not being very savy under the hood this is the route I chose to go.....save well over $100.

#111531 - 10/02/05 05:08 PM Re: need some advise/help...
Anonymous
Unregistered

i remembered today that my friends father owns a shop, so i went and talked to him today. he is going to do my service on monday, if i recall heuy said to use synthetics. what is the pros/cons in doing so? is there any process that needs to be done to go from regular fluids to synths? and once you go synth you can't go back?? also i was looking through the service booklet and it dos'nt say that the t case fluids need to be changed. should i worry about that or ask to have it done, and if so should i go with the synthetics there too? thanx ...

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal