2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117400 - 21/02/06 02:26 PM NCCX BBQ?
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
What do you guys think? The Sierras are all snowed in right now and I'm thinking (weather permitting) we could do a relaxing day with the group.

This will be a potluck style BBQ (I'll have a sign-up so not everyone brings buns) and we can have activities (bring a ball or game of choice). This will also be your oppertunity as a club to suggest places/trips you would like to do this year and volunteer your time to lead a trip smile .

So throw out a few dates you can make within the next few months and locations.

My suggestions are Mt. Diablo, Ocean Beach, Stinson Beach, or wherever...I suggest you Sac folks weigh in soon if you want something near wink . This could also be a trip to Hollister/Cow Mtn that could include wheeling (but personlly I'm bored with dirt wheeling).

Oh and think day trip and weekend. I want to accomodate as much of the club as possible. So lurkers, noobs, old-timers, past-timers, whoever...even you 2wd Xterra owners, hell Jalopy and Yota owner are welcome too wink (just don't park too close to us :p ).

#117401 - 21/02/06 03:19 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Jalopy and Yota owner are welcome too
Jalopy - check!
Yota - check!

#117402 - 21/02/06 04:40 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's a great idea. I am not sure if I can make it as you will probebly want to do it on a weekend, but I can try. I would vote for the last weekend in March, or the second weekend of April. Sunday would be the best day for me.

Just a thought.

Casper
[Wave]

#117403 - 21/02/06 05:11 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I second that on sunday would be the best for me. If we wanted to do it at house I would be centrally located being in napa for sac people and you south bay folks. So that is a possibilty.
Kevin

#117404 - 21/02/06 05:18 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

2nd Weekened in April, SAT or SUN is good for me.

RX

#117405 - 21/02/06 06:39 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't do either of those weekends, but would like to join you guys again...We tried Mt. D Sat afternoon. Road was closed past the ranger station so we had to hike it up and there wasn't much snow on the ground, mostly fallin sleet...

#117406 - 22/02/06 11:59 AM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sundays would be the best for me and Ron to make it. We have a big enough house and yard that we could have it at our place and accmodates about 30 people which is in Rancho Cordova. 03-26 would be great for us also. For April the best date would be 04-16.

#117407 - 22/02/06 12:43 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

4-16 is easter

#117408 - 22/02/06 01:33 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

now you how much I care about that holiday... :rolleyes:

#117409 - 23/02/06 03:43 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Any other thoughts on this? So far looks like it will be on a Sunday, but preferably not at someone's place (I'd rather do it at a park) unless you really want a bunch of people over. I also think Marin is looking like a good option for a central location. Anyone know of a good place for a BBQ? Should have a BBQ pit, tables, and provide scenery.

More then likely this will be on 3/26.

#117410 - 23/02/06 04:35 PM Re: NCCX BBQ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't mind a lot of people around and then people could bring their dogs if they wanted to.

I also thought of Buchancan Park in Pittsburg. It's a nice park with plenty of parking available.

Yeah I can actually get to a meeting even if it isn't wheeling!

Although when Ron and I went up to go shooting on 02-11 we actually got pretty far up into the Sierras. Lots of areas are already not snowed in. Last year when we went up in May for the first time last year we couldn't even get to North South Rd off of Mormon Immigrant and this year we got up to Pilken and got to a spot to shoot.

#117411 - 24/02/06 11:32 AM Re: NCCX BBQ?
slomatt Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
A co-worker lives in San Rafael and reccomends China Camp State Park.
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=466
http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/466/files/ChinaCampBrochure.pdf

Supposedly they have a bunch of group picnic sites located on figers of land that jut out into the bay, sounds nice.

- Matt

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal