Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117139 - 02/03/06 10:48 AM Kirkwood on Saturday
slomatt Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
It's snowing in the Sierras today and tommorrow, and then Saturday is going to be clear, which means it should be a great ski day. Huy, myself, and some other people are heading up to Kirkwood to cut some tracks, if any of you are intrested in meeting up there either post or drop me an email. We will be heading through Pleasonton early Saturday morning and could setup a carpool meeting point in Mc Donalds.

- Matt

#117140 - 03/03/06 02:32 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm heading up late tonight. I don't want to deal with the morning traffic. I'll be parked right in front of the lifts [Sleep] ing. 3 feet of new snow waiting.

#117141 - 05/03/06 07:15 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
So how was skiing? Was it a day trip or an overnighter?

#117142 - 06/03/06 12:45 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
slomatt Offline

We were aiming to arrive at 10:00 but due to chain installations and slow traffic we did not get there until 11:30. When we arrived at Kirkwood the lots were packed and they were turning away traffic. mad We hung out in the parking lot at the cross country area but never got into the resort, so we ended up driving to South Lake Tahoe to have a late lunch and then headed home. This is only the second time I've had to abort a ski trip, it sucks.

Oh, and the big bummer is I knew someone staying at a cabin and he had tried to call us with the address so we could get past security and park in the driveway, but had no cell reception! Arg.

- Matt

#117143 - 06/03/06 03:04 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
We thought about joining you guys... Decided not to 'cause we needed to rest... We had a long week.

I think it was Friday or Saturday eveing when some TV station on TV showed a loooooooooooong line of cars to Tahoe... I was glad we didn't go. laugh (We have not gone skiing this season at all... [Too much XOC] )

#117144 - 06/03/06 05:30 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya'll should have come up to see me. We almost sold out, but did not. Who knows, sometimes I have even been known to give really good deals on tickets to fellow X'ers [Smoking] . If anyone ever wants to come up, let me know. I will do whatever I can to get you a good deal.

Casper
[Wave]

P.S. The powder on Saturday was epic. We had 2+ feet at the base and over 6 at the top. Sorry, had to rub it in alittle. laugh

#117145 - 06/03/06 05:48 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
I know how excellent your tickets prices are. laugh I do want to come out, but...surprisingly pretty busy this winter. [Freak]

So, when will Sugar Bowl be closing this season?

#117146 - 06/03/06 06:34 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh the snow was so soft laugh ! Got plenty of sleep at the base of Kirkwood. And my legs are killing me [Finger] . Sorry I missed you guys.

#117147 - 11/03/06 09:22 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm glad I did not go, I'm supposed to go tomorrow but I think I wqon't since there is no new snow tonight

kirkwood is the best mountain in the Sierras IMO. But you have to get there WAY before 10am.. I usually am in the parking lot at 8.

Regards,
E.

#117148 - 16/03/06 10:41 AM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
I know how [b]excellent your tickets prices are. laugh I do want to come out, but...surprisingly pretty busy this winter. [Freak]

So, when will Sugar Bowl be closing this season?[/b]
Most likely we will be closing mid to end of April, but the date has not been set yet. You think you guys will make it up this year?

Casper
[Wave]

#117149 - 17/03/06 11:31 AM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
slomatt Offline

Casper,

I think some friends and I are going to try heading up to Tahoe again next week and plan to ski Sugar Bowl on Friday. Can you hook up a Jeep owner with some deals. smile

- Matt

#117150 - 17/03/06 12:47 PM Re: Kirkwood on Saturday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slomatt:
Casper,

I think some friends and I are going to try heading up to Tahoe again next week and plan to ski Sugar Bowl on Friday. Can you hook up a Jeep owner with some deals. smile

- Matt
Next Friday, no problem. How many folks? Give me a call when you get a chance. Huey should have my cell, if not let me know and I will pm it to you.

Casper
[Wave]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal