2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113381 - 10/09/07 10:58 AM Columbus day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey,

Just curious if anybody has any plans for the Columbus day weekend. I feel like fishing...

I have no idea what I am doing (last timed I fished I was 5) or where to go. I have reviewed some locations shown on this site http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Resources/WildTrout/Waters/index.asp and if nobody else goes, I'll probably pick one of the less remote spots just to be on a safe side.

If anybody is interested in fishing or simply killing time, please let me know. At this point I am planning on running through Fishing for Dummies to pick up some knowledge smile

Cheers,

#113382 - 10/09/07 03:07 PM Re: Columbus day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha, funny you mentioned fishing. I've been back into fishing for the last month now. You're more than welcome to join me and my buddy for fishing at Pacifica Pier (no license needed!) or Santa Cruz. You will however, need a license to fish off the shore and in the delta. Send me an email: tsrmatt@gmail.com if you like to go. When is Columbus day off again? We don't get that day off. We're an Israel company, so Italians need not apply. smile

#113383 - 10/09/07 05:01 PM Re: Columbus day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi!

Columbus day is on the second Monday of October. This year it falls on October 8th. It is interesting that you do not get the day off in CA. I get it (perhaps because I work for a company with U.S. offices in the states which celebrate).

I am going to get the license and some fishing supplies. I'll e-mail you the rest. Thanks for inviting!

/v

#113384 - 10/09/07 05:20 PM Re: Columbus day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vitely (sp?) is that correct way of spelling your name?

Anyways, don't bother with the license yet, till you get a good taste of what fishing is all about. Start off pier fishing, it's free other than the fishing gear you get. Also, recommend MelsCotton in SJ to get your gear. They have the largest selection I have seen, and prices are decent. They're not Big5 prices, but they offer top notch brands. Are you a fresh or salt water fisher? Keep in mind the differences in both. Saltwater requires gear that won't tarnish or rust when exposed to saltwater. Freshwater..well, anything goes, but remember that most fresh water fishes are much smaller than their saltwater cousins. Notable exceptions would be salmon/striped bass.

#113385 - 11/09/07 10:05 AM Re: Columbus day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the tips!

Based on my recent research it looks like any decent product will work well in fresh and salt water. I will ensure that the equipment can be used in the ocean smile Since fishing from a public pier does not require a license, I'll be w/o it until I decide to go somewhere else.

Check your mail, btw smile
/Vitaliy

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal