2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111994 - 22/06/03 08:31 PM Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Well Everyone,

I finally installed my Calmini Steering System installed Saturday, Thanx to Huey...

I started taking everything apart @ 1:30pm, and got the job completed @ 10:30pm...

The most difficult part was removing the old pitman arm & we had to re-thread both upper tie-rod ends...

Thanx Huey for all your help...I couldn't of done it without you...

It took 2 hours on to get it aligned, but now it drives great. It's really solid and I'm still able to use my steering stabilizer. WoW, What a difference...

I'd like to thank Calmini for all their aftermarket parts & the effort it takes to design & manufacture them for us all to use...

PS: Also, I picked up a Garmin StreetPilot GPS today at Fry's Electronics for $299.00. I don't know how to use it yet, but I'll learn...I was wondering if anyone had any streetmaps, & off-road maps I could borrow???

Thanx Again Huey For Your Help,

#111995 - 22/06/03 08:40 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Very nice.... smile

Do you plan to get a winch soon as well? wink

#111996 - 22/06/03 08:47 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

I really don't have plans to get a winch yet...

BUT:
I received and installed my gas tank skid from Skid Row...The Automotive Customizers Rear Diff. Skid will arrive this Mon. or Tues., then I'll get that installed.

The rest of my skids are arriving from Skid Row...Some time soon...Hopefully by the 4th of july weekend...YEA ! laugh

I'll keep you up to date...Thanx,

#111997 - 24/06/03 10:07 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey Everyone,

I received all my skid plates from Skid Row today @ 7:30pm, and should have them all installed no later than this Friday...They are really heavy...About 45 pounds a peice...

Also, I received my Automotive Customizers rear diff. skid...It fits perfect. OH, it looks really good too...

And yesterday, I received and installed my replacement stock fog light bezels, (Glass Replacements), Now when I use my 100 watt H3 fog lights, they won't melt the lens anymore...

Anyway, I thought I'd keep everyone up to date on my progress for the week...Kind'of busy installing all these upgrades...Deployment paid really well... laugh

I'll keep everyone posted on any future mods...

And I'll try to have my X washed at the next In-And-Out Club meeting, so you all can take a look... Tentative: July 7th, 2003...Hope everyone can make it... [Wave]

See you all there,

#111998 - 24/06/03 10:42 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
PS: Also, I picked up a Garmin StreetPilot GPS today at Fry's Electronics for $299.00.
Does this rebate apply to you? http://www.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/

Also, if you need to get any power cables or data cables, get them from ebay. There's a guy there who makes them and sells them for half the price of the garmin ones. I've got a post in the gps section here so you can search for that.

#111999 - 25/06/03 10:36 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey All,

I installed my skid-row skid plates, rear differential skid, & gas tank skids today...

What a job...I had to drill 2 holes each in 3 different crossmembers, for a total of 6 holes...

That was the hardest part...once that was done...all the other holes lined up exactly...

Even though I worked 2 hours overtime today, I went home and couldn't wait to get them skids installed...YEA, in 104 degree temperature...

But It's All Done...Finally

PS: Does anyone have an extra wiring harness for fog lights???

Thanx...Later,

#112000 - 26/06/03 08:23 AM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
I installed my skid-row skid plates, rear differential skid, & gas tank skids today...Even though I worked 2 hours overtime today, I went home and couldn't wait to get them skids installed...YEA, in 104 degree temperature...
Good job, Andy! It sounds like your truck has become one of the most "trail ready" xterras. laugh

#112001 - 26/06/03 08:27 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Thanx XSAL... [Wave]

I feel much better now everything is completed...

I'm thinking now about the SLR 3pak add-a-leafs @ $170.00 for the set...

My stock leafs are getting really bad & now with the extra weight from the skids, I really notice the leafs droop...

I won't get them now...I'm trying to find them locally first...A complete leaf pak change out will be my first option, & the 3pak from SLR is my second...

My X is almost where I'd like it in regards to mods...but not quite yet... [Freak]

I'll keep you informed,

#112002 - 03/07/03 01:56 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
I have the Garmin TOPO maps for the US. You could borrow those if you want. Can you download maps to your GPS unit? Do you have any pics of the StreetPilot? I have a hand held unit that I want to mount in the X but can't seem to find a good location where I can see it well. Is your StreetPilot hardwired into the X or does it use the 12V adapter? [Geek]

#112003 - 03/07/03 11:19 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Hey GAKII,

I own a Street Pilot. It's just a black & white
unit version of the Street Pilot III.

I purchased a 128MB data card for it, and I'll
have it up and working by the Sourgrass Trip
over the 4th of July weekend.

I would like to borrow your TOPO CD'S. If you could bring it to the Club Meeting @ In-&-Out
the Monday night, July 7th...I'd really appreciate it.

I'll bring my laptop... [Wave]

Thanx,

#112004 - 03/07/03 11:24 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

PS:

My Street Pilot uses a 12volt adaptor, and I have
it mounted on top of my dash...

I made a little sun shade cover for it so I can
see it in the daytime...

It also has a backlight for night-time use as
well...

Thanx Again,

#112005 - 07/07/03 11:35 AM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
Dos Equis Offline

Andy,

I didn't see your post until this morning. (I currently only have wqeb access through work) so I don;t have the software with me. I see if I can get my wife to bring it down this evening or we can meet later this month. See you all tonight.

Greg A King II; AKA GAKII

#112006 - 07/07/03 02:51 PM Re: Calmini Steering System Installed...Thanx Huey!!!
Dos Equis Offline

Andy,

Bring your lap top, my wife will be bringing the SW down. See you tonight. Looking forward to seeing your mods. eek

Greg

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal