Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115106 - 15/08/03 12:08 PM So quiet in here...
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Man... it's been so quiet in here lately. I think John needs to move back to CA. laugh .

Anything up for Sept? Club outing?

#115107 - 15/08/03 12:32 PM Re: So quiet in here...
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
I know.... It seems like already winter... [Freak]

I want to go camping/wheeling, but I recently hurt my back...(feeling very old right now) I am getting better, but not ready for hours of driving to get to trails just yet.

...Kind of frustrating...since the weather is getting better (not as hot as a month or 2 ago).

Maybe I'll be ready in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

#115108 - 15/08/03 04:08 PM Re: So quiet in here...
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Gary & I get back from GOX 2003 on September 11th...

I'd love to go on a wheelin trip on the weekend of September 13th & 14th... [Wave]

#115109 - 15/08/03 06:18 PM Re: So quiet in here...
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
I was thinking the same thing. You guys haven't gone wheeling in a looong time.

#115110 - 16/08/03 10:05 AM Re: So quiet in here...
sonnyc Offline

Loc: SJ, CA.
Yeah a club outing could fix a lot of things laugh .

I found this short trail near Hollister that could be good for a Sunday day trip. It's maybe a short getaway from Hollister OHV.

http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/molinaghostrun_caso.html

More info

http://greennature.com/travel/visit.php?id=1714

Anyone heard of it?

Edit: more info from Rockcrawler.com

#115111 - 16/08/03 10:10 PM Re: So quiet in here...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quiet? Where were you when I was looking for a drinking partner/ride earlier in the week. I sure hope that "SJ" doesn't stand for San Jose, if it does, you suck!

[Finger]

#115112 - 17/08/03 12:22 AM Re: So quiet in here...
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
dupersc-

The area you mentioned (clear creek/molina ghost run) is not exactly the most awesome place to go. I visited that area with Akio a few months ago, and it was VERY remote, with a maze of trails that made it easy to become disoriented. After playing there for a day I think we both decided the 2.5-hour one-way drive was not worth it. There were a lot of ATVs and dirtbikes there when we visited.

There is natural asbestos in the soil of some areas of the "park" but it's well-marked on the map, and you can avoid it if you're careful. I would guess that the dry summer months would make the soil too dusty, allowing the asbestos to become airborne.

#115113 - 17/08/03 08:34 AM Re: So quiet in here...
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
[LOL] wink

Don't mind Mike too much. He's just bitter you guys couldn't rescue him from his wonderful hotel. wink

He really is a fun guy. We drank at least 7 beers on Friday night after the club meeting. Oh wait, I bailed on that as we got our keys to the new house that evening...finally.

So I was making fun of the power outage back East and all...really funny, ha ha...well, turns out our loan couldn't go through because the wire transfer from the lender "failed"...so technically we won't own the hosue til tomorrow. Ooops.

And I don't know if I mentioned this, it's a good story, but the previous owner of our house and 12 others in the PHX and Vegas area is in jail on internet fraud. He was selling Jergen's cream as 'penis and breast enlargement cream' and got caught. [LOL] [Spit] and no, I didn't get any complimentary cream with the house. laugh

Anyway, I'd love to come back for a run, but it's a bit of a drive. wink I'll just send you pics of the runs we do here, like Broken Arrow, in Sedona , last week.

[Wave]

#115114 - 18/08/03 10:38 AM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
Any body up for doing the Henness Pass Trail near HWY 49. Back Country Adventures says one day minimum two days preferred. There are some camping spots alog the way. The wife and did part of it when we were up there last. I think doing the whole trail would make for a good group outing. there are a lot of spur trails up there that are difficult enough that folks like KaOtiK and Rubicon Marty would enjoy it. We're booke for the next two weekends, but maybe 9/13-14 after GOX would be good. The trail is stock friendly according to the book and what we saw fo the trail. It's a thought. Let me know if you want to go.

#115115 - 19/08/03 01:04 PM Re: So quiet in here...
XSAL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dos Equis:
Any body up for doing the Henness Pass Trail near HWY 49. Back Country Adventures says one day minimum two days preferred. There are some camping spots alog the way...I think doing the whole trail would make for a good group outing...maybe 9/13-14 after GOX would be good.
I'd like to visit the Hanness Pass...I just can't say if I can make it on 9/13-14 at this point. cool

#115116 - 20/08/03 11:59 AM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

I am open to a later date as well, but I will be going to CALX in October. Also, a lot of these trails become impassable in the Fall/Winter months. Plus we have not done much wheeling as a club in a while. Let's get out there before it's too late. If you liked what Ole Biker put up from his trip to Plumas you should like this route.

#115117 - 20/08/03 08:09 PM Re: So quiet in here...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I'm all for it, but will have to hope whatever date will work out. I'm in, schedule permitting. smile I don't think I've put more than a hundred miles on the truck in three months :rolleyes: It's time for a trip before the snow starts falling.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#115118 - 21/08/03 01:18 PM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

So let's set the date as september 13-14 for the trail run on Hennass Pass. Whoever can make it makes it. We can meet on Satruday morning at 10 AM at the Oregon Creek day use area and from there we can hit the trail. Everyone who is going should bring water enough supplies for two days worth of camping. There are some camp sites along the way but I will have to check the Back Country Adventures book again to get the details. :rolleyes: The wife and I will be staying at one of the campgrounds around Orgegon Creek on Friday night (either Dark Day, or School House). The trail is a difficulty rating of 2 so it should be stock friendly. laugh Our rig is 100% stock unless you count the XOC sticker mod we did last weekend :p I am not any where near being experienced at off roading so doing any 4+ spurs is up to you all. Until I get the money and time that KaOtiC has I'll have to take it easy.

Anyway, sign up: [Freak]

1.Dos Equis (Greg and Kacie,Stock,Camping Friday)

I'll post some more details next week. [Wave]

#115119 - 23/08/03 10:25 PM Re: So quiet in here...
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey all,
Count me in for camping...Tentatively!

Gary & I might not make it back until Sunday Sept. 14th from GOX 2003. We took a few additional days off to go other places after GOX is completed...We should be back in Cali sometime between Sept 11th & Sept 14th...

1.Dos Equis (Greg and Kacie,Stock,Camping Friday)
2.KaiOtiK -aka- Andy(Camping -n- Stuff)Count me in for now!

I'll let you know for sure... [Wave]

#115120 - 24/08/03 12:52 AM Re: So quiet in here...
XSAL Offline

Have fun, guys... smile

I have my buddy's wedding to attend on the 13th. [Wave]

#115121 - 25/08/03 12:09 PM Re: So quiet in here...
BlueXU Offline

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
Yeah, have fun.
I'll be trying to buy a house.
Prolly [Geek]

I found a cute little one in SunnyVale I might be able to snag.

Mine... you no touch! [Uh Oh !]

#115122 - 26/08/03 10:06 AM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

I reserved a campsite for me and the wife at moonshine campground. We're going to stay Friday and Saturday night and do some wheeling in the area and hit the campground in the late afternoon to cool off and relax in the river. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. I'll see if I can map out some trails that we could hit. Here is a link to the camp ground we are staying at
Moon Shine

#115123 - 26/08/03 02:39 PM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

Cool another Mech E. What kind of work do you do Bob? Where do you work? I'm a Mech. E. for Applied Materials in Santa Clara, right now my role is project manager. It's a good position, but a lot of work. I wish I could get back into design. Anyway, hope to meet you some time.

#115124 - 27/08/03 05:04 PM Re: So quiet in here...
BlueXU Offline

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
I design INSANE ASAYLUMS [Freak]
No wait, I used to do that. Now I design control systems for printing presses at GMI (Graphics Microsystems) in Sunnyvale. Well, I've only been here for 4 months, so I am doing the smaller add-on designs. Before that I worked for *cough cough* Honeywell, designing control systems for paper mills. Pretty much the same work, a sensor head that scans back and forth across fast moving paper, trying to "see" something. Honeywell was good for me, it's just too bad that it ate, chewed up, and spit out Measurex, the real company I worked for.

Anywhoooo, send me a PM, the group here going wheeling probably doesn't want to read all this. :rolleyes:

#115125 - 01/09/03 05:52 PM Re: So quiet in here...
olebiker Offline

Loc: Novato
Dang, would love to join ya'll, but we'll be about 40 miles to your north at Little Grass Valley doing several runs in that area...Have a great and safe time!
PS When it gets quiet in here, is it because everyone is out wheelin? or just not interested?

#115126 - 04/09/03 10:52 AM Re: So quiet in here...
Dos Equis Offline

Doesn't seem like most folks in this forum are into wheeling right now. Maybe this winter. [Spit] [Huh?] [Too much XOC]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal