Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113361 - 08/12/03 07:44 PM Personal: Yosemite during Christmas
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I want to go to Yosemite with a few friends after the weekend of Christmas. It will either be a day trip or a one nighter with us staying in a motel someplace between Yosemite and the Bay Area. I have never been there this time of year and was wondering if anyone else in NCCX had more experience with that place.

The purpose of my trip is to enjoy the scenery, photography, and maybe go for a short snow hike (if there is any snow).

Questions:
1) How accessible are the trails during that time? If there is snow, will I be able to make it past the bridge up to Vernal Falls?

2) Will Glacier Point be closed?

3) I am sure the Valley will be busy, but any idea how busy?

Thanks in advance for any tips you guys/gals can offer.

#113362 - 08/12/03 10:52 PM Re: Personal: Yosemite during Christmas
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
I've never been there during the winter but I hear it's really nice and I've always wanted to go. Convincing the wife to go during winter is another thing though.

The crowds are supposed to be much better than the summer so I doubt you'd have a problem. I think you can even reserve cabins or rooms in yosemite now (could be wrong though). Have fun and post lots of pics when you get back.

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal